....We differed in our understanding on what those notes meant, corruption vs leak I think it was. This was all part of the same debate. There weren't two separate debates on this from what I remember.
    There may well be memory leaks in iOS 8. There might not be. I don't know for sure either way. I just know my interpretation of what apple fixed in 8.1 wasn't proof a memory leak existed pertaining to our resprings and was fixed. I do know it didn't fix our resprings.
    Yes.. Simon.. Now our accounts of those events line up better.. I'd read conjectures about memory leaks after 8's release and presented them as an accounting for our respringing issues.. The word "leak" sent y'all ballistic.. The 8.1 release notes proved the existence of a leak (corruption) - we debated about the difference between leak and corruption (where I proved my case that there's no difference really) and then I wrongly postulated that we'd get Respring relief in 8.1 (which we didn't) and took my beating like a man for that one. Lol!!

Ian's article he just posted is more proof of UIWebKit leaking -no?.. Wish I'd had that article back in the original debate.. UniAW7 I think it's safe to say UI ram leakage/corruption is a fact and not a conjecture.. and the most likely major culprit in our respringing. And I'm coming around to the RAM conclusion over CPU now.. But still think there's a piece missing for me.. A puzzle to be sure..
    2015-03-06 02:16 PM
    Lol, I don't recall you proving anything. I recall me actually getting proof that memory corruptions and memory leaks are not the same thing and you somehow interpreting my proof that you were right.
    2015-03-06 02:23 PM
    Haha. Thats exactly how I remember it too.
    2015-03-06 02:38 PM
    Lol, I don't recall you proving anything. I recall me actually getting proof that memory corruptions and memory leaks are not the same thing and you somehow interpreting my proof that you were right.
    Lol.. and the Great Debate continues....
    Well in the final analysis UI is dead... WK likely the future. And here's to a big and even heavier animation UniAW8!!! UniAW7UniAW7
    2015-03-06 03:13 PM
    I had been running a modded version of one of erayser's UniAWs, but started from scratch with UniAW7.1. Here's what I have, for GroovyBoard+.

I've added all new weather walls (180!) with dimensions proportionate to the overlay I'm using for a better fit. I've also included the Snoopy animation in the screenshot and the HomeScreenDesigner plist (iP6). The shelves and wallpaper are part of the overlay.

Credit to Ian, Dacal and the UniAW team; and to Cocco26 for the weather icons and some of the balloons.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfv80niozo...Sital.zip?dl=0
    2015-03-06 03:33 PM
    FABULOUS, SITAL!! And it works perfectly on my phone.. Lol! I know you're glad to hear that! UniAW7..

My only thought is to lift the balloon path higher on the screen for greater realism.. But GREAT JOB!!

2015-03-06 03:43 PM
    To think we had the UniAW running on our old 3G phones, unbelievable really that it can't run on today's "top of the range" model LOL.
    Sure, the animations have had a tweak or 2 but still.. Apple should get a good kick in the a** for iOS8 & poor spec's on their newest phones, thing is, they are going to win again when everybody trades in their 6/6+ for the "S" versions - Question is: Is it really shoddy designs or sly marketing?
    Wouldn't surprise me if the 6/6S already has 2GB of ram, Apple will just activate the extra GB & re-sell them as the "S" versions LOL..
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-03-06 at 04:04 PM.
    2015-03-06 03:47 PM
    FABULOUS, SITAL!! And it works perfectly on my phone.. Lol! I know you're glad to hear that! UniAW7..

My only thought is to lift the balloon path higher on the screen for greater realism.. But GREAT JOB!!
    I did fear the worst when I saw that you had responded!

Not a bad idea about the balloons, I'll look into it.
    2015-03-06 03:49 PM
    Hey Simon, thanks pal.

Attached Thumbnails UniAW7-point.png  
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-03-06 at 04:26 PM.
    2015-03-06 04:04 PM
    Hey Simon, thanks pal.
    Love it!
    2015-03-06 04:17 PM
    Excellent name change, Ian!! Love it!
    2015-03-06 04:59 PM
    Thanks Sital, love this SB . Made some more layer colors and changed WeatherIcons cons .

Last edited by jawonder; 2015-03-06 at 05:41 PM.
    2015-03-06 05:38 PM
    Ian,
    For for the mods of 7.1 that only take up one third or less of the screen in a rectangle, full wide, to the phone... would I be correct in assuming that with the new % method -- that getting the animations to 'scale' to that rectangle might be as simple as changing the height of their containers - leaving the widget untouched? Or am I over simplifying?

Thanks,
    Grant
    2015-03-06 05:55 PM
    Ian,
    Also - in your Page 1 explanations you write this:
    1. Go to the "UniAW7.theme/JavaScript" folder and open the "main.js" file.
    2. Search for "function updateWeather()" It looks like this:[/COLOR]
    Code:
    function updateWeather() {
    if (iOS == true) { var url = "widgetweather" + xmlnumber + ".xml"; } else { var url = "file:///private/var/mobile/Documents/widgetweather" + xmlnumber + ".xml"; }
    jQuery.get(url, function(data) {
    obj.updatetimestring = $(data).find('updatetimestring').text();

3. Change it to this:
    Code:
    function updateWeather() {
    if (iOS == true) { var url = "widgetweather" + xmlnumber + ".xml"; } else { var url = "file:///private/var/mobile/Documents/widgetweather" + xmlnumber + ".xml"; }
    //jQuery.get(url, function(data) {
    groovyAPI.do ( { read: "widgetweather" + xmlnumber + ".xml" }, function(data){
    obj.updatetimestring = $(data).find('updatetimestring').text();
    I think you meant that opening condition to say 'if (iOS == false)....' -- right?
    2015-03-06 06:08 PM
    Yes, it seems a bit hit & miss with the balloons & clouds, might have to permanently use the fix I posted further back.
    Having a he!! of a time finding that post where the permanent fix for balloons moving is.. Anyone know the post #?
    2015-03-06 06:13 PM
    Thanks Sital, love this SB . Made some more layer colors and changed WeatherIcons cons .

Can you please share these adjustments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015-03-06 06:40 PM
    An easy change I made in the Style.css, was for whichever balloon containers you're using (big, medium, or small - I'm just using medium), go to that section (for example "#medium_balloonContainer") and change the "top" value from 0px to -15px. It seems to have made a difference, some of the balloons seem to travel a higher path. I also made my medium balloons a little smaller, but that's just personal preference.

2015-03-06 07:10 PM
    Can you please share these adjustments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here's the layer, thanks to Sital
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyj4ewag1z...ow%20.zip?dl=0
    2015-03-06 07:24 PM
    Having a he!! of a time finding that post where the permanent fix for balloons moving is.. Anyone know the post #?
    The fix is in the Animations.css in the updated widget...right under clouds at the beginning and almost at the bottom under balloons...

Ian made it easy for us...just a copy and paste within the file...
    2015-03-06 07:42 PM
    An easy change I made in the Style.css, was for whichever balloon containers you're using (big, medium, or small - I'm just using medium), go to that section (for example "#medium_balloonContainer") and change the "top" value from 0px to -15px.
    Which container entry? The one ending in '> div' or the one ending in '> div > img' ? There aren't any 'top' entries in either field in 7.1.. Please take a screenshot of where you made the change.. Thanks!

The fix is in the Animations.css in the updated widget...right under clouds at the beginning and almost at the bottom under balloons...

Ian made it easy for us...just a copy and paste within the file...
    Yes. I JUST found those entries, kristatos! Thank you!!! And thanks, Ian!!
    2015-03-06 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD