Back to a stock LS for me. GL+ is still too annoying, and any widget in LockHTML4 or Convergance gives me resprings. This is with GB+, no animations and passcode on.
    It's not GL+, it's GB+ that's causing your issues bro.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2015-07-02 03:30 AM
    IPhone6 plus here. Wondering if there is a way I can run lockhtml4 w uniaw 7.1 and sbhtml or gboard plus. Springboard I'm cool with whatever but lockscreen I'd like lhtml4. I'm currently getting resprings like crazy
    2015-07-02 03:41 AM
    IPhone6 plus here. Wondering if there is a way I can run lockhtml4 w uniaw 7.1 and sbhtml or gboard plus. Springboard I'm cool with whatever but lockscreen I'd like lhtml4. I'm currently getting resprings like crazy
    LH4 should run UniAW7.1 no problem. Don't run any animation on your SB and turn you passcode off.

2015-07-02 03:43 AM
    convergance is good on 8.4 says Matt,i love that dude
    2015-07-02 03:56 AM
    Does GB+ cause resprings on 8.4 with animation going SB and LS With passcode on. As didn't on 8.3.
    Last edited by MrDLewis321; 2015-07-02 at 06:00 AM.
    2015-07-02 04:07 AM
    I know it's not GL+, I don't get resprings if I use it, I just don't like how it loads. But why is it GB+ that's causing my respring problem? (I hate to use the word problem, it's more an annoyance).

Would I be better served to switch back to the regular version?
    Last edited by Sital; 2015-07-02 at 04:12 AM.
    2015-07-02 04:07 AM
    I know it's not GL+, I don't get resprings if I use it, I just don't like how it loads. But why is it GB+ that's causing my respring problem? (I hate to use the word problem, it's more an annoyance).

Would I be better served to switch back to the regular version?
    You can't. It's either GL+/GB+ OR GL/SBHTML.. but no mixing of the plus and non plus versions. Of course you can mix Convergence or LH4 with GB+. No problem there.

And thanks for clarifying, Sital, that you can run respring free with GL+.. and that it's just its loading you don't like. Your last post on that wasn't clear.. UniAW7..

I don't mind GL+ loading - but Convergence is better.. And those of us on 8.4 and iPhone 6 aren't really getting resprings of any kind with any level of animation running non-plus LS players. And if we leave our passcode locks off.
    2015-07-02 04:41 AM
    You can't. It's either GL+/GB+ OR GL/SBHTML.. but no mixing of the plus and non plus versions. Of course you can mix Convergence or LH4 with GB+. No problem there.

And thanks for clarifying, Sital, that you can run respring free with GL+.. and that it's just its loading you don't like. Your last post on that wasn't clear.. UniAW7..

I don't mind GL+ loading - but Convergence is better.. And those of us on 8.4 and iPhone 6 aren't really getting resprings of any kind with any level of animation running non-plus LS players. And if we leave our passcode locks off.
    Yes, if I was going to go back to SBHTML I know I couldn't use GL+, but I don't anyway as I've stated ad nauseum by now.

I guess the key is leaving the passcode off, but that's not an option for me. Once a few more tweaks get updated, I'll move up to 8.4 and try LH4 or Convergance again, but I've been hearing the same thing about no resprings with non-plus LS players on 8.3, so I won't hold my breath that things will be different.
    2015-07-02 05:11 AM
    I'm guessing that you are not liking the "reload" feature with UniAW7.1. This was something we tried to kick the JS timers back on when widgets were getting stuck. So the brief history as best that I can remember it, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong;

Apple decided to stop all JS timers when the phone went to sleep to conserve battery. When you wake the screen, they are supposed to kick back on automatically. But this wasn't working, so we tried many methods to get around it. We'll it appears that one of the methods to kick the JS timers back on is now working properly. That is when you wake the device, the widget reloads itself. This is the hesitation with a possible quick screen flash that you see. We need to do some testing to see if the widget reload is still needed or maybe the reload is just part of iOS now. I've been out of the game for a couple of months and need to get in a little deeper. But it's on the list to test.

2015-07-02 06:46 AM
    I'm guessing that you are not liking the "reload" feature with UniAW7.1. This was something we tried to kick the JS timers back on when widgets were getting stuck. So the brief history as best that I can remember it, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong;

Apple decided to stop all JS timers when the phone went to sleep to conserve battery. When you wake the screen, they are supposed to kick back on automatically. But this wasn't working, so we tried many methods to get around it. We'll it appears that one of the methods to kick the JS timers back on is now working properly. That is when you wake the device, the widget reloads itself. This is the hesitation with a possible quick screen flash that you see. We need to do some testing to see if the widget reload is still needed or maybe the reload is just part of iOS now. I've been out of the game for a couple of months and need to get in a little deeper. But it's on the list to test.
    It's not just with UniAW7.1 - I actually don't run UniAW on my LS, just a modded version of the Widget Weather 2 base code. But, yes, it's the reload feature I don't like that I only get with GL+.

Maybe I'll try the LH4 without a passcode. For you guys that don't use a passcode, doesn't that make you nervous with all the info we have on our phones nowadays?
    2015-07-02 01:46 PM
    So Grant, KOH, or whoever can answer. After reading the recent posts just want your opinions. What is the best setup (GL/GB+ or not, LH4, SBHTML, etc.) to run with uniAW and have least amount of probs? On 6+ 8.3. Thanks
    Last edited by Mike2130; 2015-07-02 at 02:43 PM.
    2015-07-02 02:22 PM
    Good morning,

Does anyone have a UFO saucer they'd be willing to share (kinda like attachment). Id like it to be more realistic than cartoonish so I could replace one or more of the balloons. I used to have one in an older version but can't seem to find it. Maybe from the UNIAW6 days...IDK my searches on my iMac and backups came up empty...

Thanks and Good Vibes...

Attachment 705813
    UniAW7-ufoday.pngUniAW7-ufonight.png
    2015-07-02 02:49 PM
    Mike, I'm on 8.3, but I don't run anything on my SB. So using UniAW7.1 running GL+ over Convergance and have not had any resprings.

Yes Sital, the WW2 base also has the reload code. It's in any Widget that uses UniAW7.1 or WW2 Base, if memory serves me.

2015-07-02 02:52 PM
    Mike, I'm on 8.3, but I don't run anything on my SB. So using UniAW7.1 running GL+ over Convergance and have not had any resprings.

Yes Sital, the WW2 base also has the reload code. It's in any Widget that uses UniAW7.1 or WW2 Base, if memory serves me.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply, King and sorry for being dense here, but I'm just trying to better understand it all. I only notice the reload on GL+ though, not on LH4 or Convergance running the same WW2 widget. Shouldn't I see it on all LS players if it's part of the code or is it somehow particular to GL+?
    2015-07-02 03:00 PM
    It's not just with UniAW7.1 - I actually don't run UniAW on my LS, just a modded version of the Widget Weather 2 base code. But, yes, it's the reload feature I don't like that I only get with GL+.
    The auto reload was built into GL+ itself.. Not just UniAW. I know King said that.. but he's getting old, you know.. and forgets more these days... LOOL.. Actually he wasn't wrong. Dacal did build in an 'additional' reload to just UniAW7.1.. But Jake also built in a 're-check' in GL+ itself.. So it's doubly 'weird' running UniAW7..

Maybe I'll try the LH4 without a passcode. For you guys that don't use a passcode, doesn't that make you nervous with all the info we have on our phones nowadays?
    If you're already without your phone.. you have big problems - WITH or WiTHOUT a passcode. Plus. I use Find My iPhone and can remotely wipe the phone if it's ever not with me. Though.. it just crossed my mind.. Does FindMyiPhone -wipe- work with a jailbreak in place???
    2015-07-02 04:12 PM

If you're already without your phone.. you have big problems - WITH or WiTHOUT a passcode. Plus. I use Find My iPhone and can remotely wipe the phone if it's ever not with me. Though.. it just crossed my mind.. Does FindMyiPhone -wipe- work with a jailbreak in place???
    It should work but will probably leave the phone in recovery or boot loop.
    2015-07-02 04:17 PM
    The auto reload was built into GL+ itself.. Not just UniAW. I know King said that.. but he's getting old, you know.. and forgets more these days... LOOL.. Actually he wasn't wrong. Dacal did build in an 'additional' reload to just UniAW7.1.. But Jake also built in a 're-check' in GL+ itself.. So it's doubly 'weird' running UniAW7..

Ah, thanks, that makes more sense about it being built in to GL+.

Yes, if you're without your phone you have big problems, but probably bigger without the passcode. As far as the remote wipe is concerned, I've read about people reporting that when they've sent the wipe command to a jailbroken iPhone, they have received the confirmation email that the wiping process has begun. Now whether that actually wipes a jailbroken phone or sends it into a boot loop, I don't know. But I guess the end result is pretty much the same.
    2015-07-02 04:27 PM
    Ah, thanks, that makes more sense about it being built in to GL+.

Yes, if you're without your phone you have big problems, but probably bigger without the passcode. As far as the remote wipe is concerned, I've read about people reporting that when they've sent the wipe command to a jailbroken iPhone, they have received the confirmation email that the wiping process has begun. Now whether that actually wipes a jailbroken phone or sends it into a boot loop, I don't know. But I guess the end result is pretty much the same.
    Yes.. I don't really worry about my phone.. Everything in my phone - that has sensitive data involved requires its OWN additional password... Like my app to my bank.. And though I keep a LOT of financial info in my Notes.app.. I never place any passwords there.. They're all in my head. Only my daughter knows all my passwords if anything were ever to happen to me. So though I wouldn't be okay that a person could see some of financial info and other personal info.. there's nothing in my phone that could compromise my money or personal data.. No social sec #, etc...

Since iOS7 using one's passcode lock and touchID with a jailbreak haven't been a good combination. Especially if you like a lot of tweaks and HTML widgets. I hope iOS9 and 2GB of RAM will make that all a problem from the past.. But I'm now convinced more than ever that people who are having more respringing issues and general instability running widgets, especially animated ones, is because of Passcode Lock/Touch ID and possible Backround App Refresh on.
    2015-07-02 04:33 PM
    Have any of you tried my suggestion to use an alphanumeric passcode instead of the standard 4 digit code with TouchID? I seem to get a lot less resprings with an alphanumeric code rather than a standard 4 digit code. I can't explain the reason why, maybe it's a different (stock) keyboard sliding in, instead of a touch pad. But it may be worth a try. I've been using it since iOS 7 this way. I'd only get about 2-4 resprings per WEEK rather than daily, while running full animation on my lockscreen. And they are quick resprings and almost NEVER a safe mode crash. And it's been relatively successful. I do notice the standard ram issues from time to time such as losing the smooth transitions/animations while switching apps, As a side note, I tend to run lean on my tweaks. I also have the reduce motion option on systemwide, (no parallax -as the moving around stuff on my springboard makes me nauseous.) and I also have background refresh off system wide as well. I've also noticed that extending the lock screen timeout via any method leads to more resprings. This is just my personal opinion and experiences, and it may not work for everyone, but it could be worth a try.
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 2015-07-02 at 09:58 PM.
    2015-07-02 09:51 PM
    Have any of you tried my suggestion to use an alphanumeric passcode instead of the standard 4 digit code with TouchID? I seem to get a lot less resprings with an alphanumeric code rather than a standard 4 digit code. I can't explain the reason why, maybe it's a different (stock) keyboard sliding in, instead of a touch pad. But it may be worth a try. I've been using it since iOS 7 this way. I'd only get about 2-4 resprings per WEEK rather than daily, while running full animation on my lockscreen. And they are quick resprings and almost NEVER a safe mode crash. And it's been relatively successful. I do notice the standard ram issues from time to time such as losing the smooth transitions/animations while switching apps, As a side note, I tend to run lean on my tweaks. I also have the reduce motion option on systemwide, (no parallax -as the moving around stuff on my springboard makes me nauseous.) and I also have background refresh off system wide as well. I've also noticed that extending the lock screen timeout via any method leads to more resprings. This is just my personal opinion and experiences, and it may not work for everyone, but it could be worth a try.
    Thanks, MJ, I'll give the alphanumeric code a try and see what happens over the weekend. Do you use Touch ID as well?

I also do have the lock screen timeout extended, so I'll turn that off as well.
    Last edited by Sital; 2015-07-02 at 10:10 PM.
    2015-07-02 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD