Actually it's not a crap player it just needs some love! The ability to switch between different cydgets with the press of the home button is quite cool really!
    Almost positive I had put my 2 cents in on gcf about cydgets causing safe modes on my 6+ as well
    Ok! I guess I botched this one, Boots. I thought only Krima was reporting this issue. And he was reporting it ever since iOS 7. Clearly 6+ users are having trouble with it along with, I'm guessing, 6 users, like Simon, who keep everything Apple, in their phones, turned on (Passcode Lock, Background App Refresh, Push Mail - which many of us don't use).

Glad Saurik is working on a fix.. And I'll meet you halfway!! You're right - the ability to click between different LS in Cydget is a nice idea. Its implementation though is still poor (jerky jumping feel, etc). "In need of a little love"... UniAW7
    2015-08-30 06:55 PM
    Hopefully when cydgets gets fixed Matt will implement it into his Convergence tweak and actually make cydgets awesome to use.
    2015-08-30 07:36 PM
    I find if I put the widget in the background layer and it has animation, when notifications pop up on LS and it blurs the widget it causes a respring almost every time. Just something about animation in the background layer that doesn't run right when notifications come up. Seems to run better in Homepage layer, so I use @media (-cydget-notification-list) to apply my own blur to the widget when notifications pop up. Problem is no clock is visible in homepage. Guess I could move just my wallpaper to Background. Or just add my own clock.

Which layer do you tend to run your cydgets in mostly?
    I use Background.html only for the wallpaper, everything else is in the Foreground.html, like animation, clock and touch events (obviously).
    Funny enough I use the same Background.html file for 2 other cydgets, "forecast" and "hour by hour", to give the same wallpaper for all cydgets. However I set the body background color of the Foreground.html's to rgba(40, 40, 40, 0.7), which gives a nice blur effect and makes reading much easier.
    Here an example what I mean.
    First the "main" cydget

This is the forecast cydget

The hour by hour cydget

So plenty of info, spread over 3 cydgets, just a home button press away - if required.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!
    2015-08-30 09:52 PM
    Heh, that's a pretty cool way of using the widget switch feature. Very clever. Pretty sure that setup would make my i6 respring occasionally but since you have the animation etc on the homepage layer probably wouldn't be that bad at all.
    2015-08-30 11:26 PM
    For the short time I ran Cydgets.. things were more stable with animations in background not foreground. Especially with passcode lock on. Passcode + animations in foreground = instant safe mode for me in 7 and early 8.

Do you run passcode lock on, Ras?
    2015-08-31 06:55 AM
    Yes, I have passcode (6 digits!) and TouchID, which is a bit of a bugger, when you want to move from one cydget to the next using a finger which is registered with TouchID.
    Here is a 25 second video, where I have used an animated gif as wallpaper, it is raining and you can see the passcode screen, but also the "try again" message from TouchID.
    So, I have animation in both, Background.html and Foreground.html.

Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-08-31 at 09:34 AM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!
    2015-08-31 09:13 AM
    Animated gifs don't have anywhere near the load on CPU and ram as the WebKit based stuffed Ian uses for UniAW. If you used UniAW in Cydget on your 5S you'd experience similar instability as others reported. You're smart enough to create workarounds for UIWebKit's lack in iOS 8. But just because workarounds are the basis of your stability, doesn't make Cydget itself stable in 8 for all animation on a 5S. I've heard very few problems on a 5. I think Ian runs a 5 still and has no instability on iOS 8 running his UniAW in SBHTML.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-08-31 at 01:36 PM.
    2015-08-31 01:33 PM
    I Set the Icons with boxy 2 but only 6+Attachment 711853

you can try it
    Never used Boxy 2 , how do you achieve this?
    2015-08-31 02:48 PM
    Animated gifs don't have anywhere near the load on CPU and ram as the WebKit based stuffed Ian uses for UniAW. If you used UniAW in Cydget on your 5S you'd experience similar instability as others reported. You're smart enough to create workarounds for UIWebKit's lack in iOS 8. But just because workarounds are the basis of your stability, doesn't make Cydget itself stable in 8 for all animation on a 5S. I've heard very few problems on a 5. I think Ian runs a 5 still and has no instability on iOS 8 running his UniAW in SBHTML.
    As someone who runs animated gifs a lot on my LS I'd have to disagree. Animated gifs can use a lot of the cpu, more than css animations easily depending on the size of the gif. I've had gif LS that won't even run on some of the older devices, they just can't handle it.
    2015-08-31 03:26 PM
    For the short time I ran Cydgets.. things were more stable with animations in background not foreground. Especially with passcode lock on. Passcode + animations in foreground = instant safe mode for me in 7 and early 8.

Do you run passcode lock on, Ras?
    Normally things seem fine with animation in background layer. It's specifically when notifications pop onto the screen that gives me issues if I have everything running in background layer. Maybe it's a cydgets bug.
    2015-08-31 03:30 PM
    As someone who runs animated gifs a lot on my LS I'd have to disagree. Animated gifs can use a lot of the cpu, more than css animations easily depending on the size of the gif. I've had gif LS that won't even run on some of the older devices, they just can't handle it.
    Absolutely aggree, HTML5 animations with css & javascript are far more efficient than animated gifs, it's the main reason when people complain about battery or performance, first thing I recommend is to switch off the birds.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-08-31 at 03:54 PM.
    2015-08-31 03:38 PM
    Are you guys running the gif's from a command line? That might explain why they take more resources.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2015-08-31 03:56 PM
    Are you guys running the gif's from a command line? That might explain why they take more resources.
    Command line? Just loading it same way I load a "normal" image:
    Code:
    var image = document.createElement("img");
    image.id = "Birds";	
    image.src = "Images/Weather/birds/Birds.gif";
    document.getElementById("birdsContainer").appendChild(image);
    2015-08-31 04:38 PM
    Command line? Just loading it same way I load an image:
    It's an inside joke Ian.
    2015-08-31 04:39 PM
    Absolutely aggree, HTML5 animations with css & javascript are far more efficient than animated gifs, it's the main reason when people complain about battery or performance, first thing I recommend is to switch off the birds.
    Hmm. Okay then. I stand corrected, gentlemen. The info I'd looked at on the topic must have been wrong or I misunderstood.

Ian, you are on an iPhone 5, right? And in SBHTML you have no respringing or crashing running your 7.1 - right?
    2015-08-31 05:18 PM
    I have to agree with new D. His last post of "this message is hidden because NewD is on your ignore list" is exactly right.
    2015-08-31 05:31 PM
    Ian, you are on an iPhone 5, right? And in SBHTML you have no respringing or crashing running your 7.1 - right?
    I have iPhone 5, running 8.4.
    LS UniAW7.1 with Convergance
    HS UniAW7.1 iWidget
    No SBHTML atm, but had it before I upgraded to 8.4 a few weeks back - no issues then either.

I'm weird, I've never had respring issue, ever ever, not at all, not once. na na na na na

Did have to replace my battery yesterday though, the thing was internally burst & very swelled up pushing my touch screen off, replaced it myself though.
    The original battery is 1440mAh, the one I got is 2680mAh. That's almost twice as long! My battery lasts for ages now. Got it off eBay here:

High Capacity New Internal Replacement 3 7V Li ion Battery for iPhone 5 5S | eBay
    2015-08-31 07:02 PM
    Is Home Screen Designer updated yet for iOS 8.4?
    2015-08-31 09:04 PM
    Is Home Screen Designer updated yet for iOS 8.4?
    Nope
    2015-08-31 09:06 PM
    Nope
    Dammit, im tired of looking at my SB with my icons all out of line haha.. I have tried messing with Iconoclasm and failed miserably, I have a plist for HSD
    2015-08-31 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD