hello,WW2 simple widget for frostbite theme,credits WW2 team,
    Ian for coding Sk37ch for weathericons,hope you enjoy

WW2_SimpleBase_frostbite
    2015-12-16 05:23 PM
    WW2 iWidget Vertical

Credit : Ian Nicoll, Marty McFly, WW2. Thanks to Marty McFly in assisting code for Multi-Color Weekday.

If you chase two rabbits, you will lose them both
    www.dubailive.space
    2015-12-17 04:36 AM
    Thanks for your help Ian

UniAW7-imageuploadedbymodmyi1450328357.204859.jpg
    2015-12-17 05:59 AM
    I have been having an issue for a week or so. My widgets don't seem to refresh. Respring fixes it. Or if I delete widget from screen and re add it it works.

I run ww2
    2015-12-17 06:57 AM
    I have been having an issue for a week or so. My widgets don't seem to refresh. Respring fixes it. Or if I delete widget from screen and re add it it works.

I run ww2
    i have an issue too,mine refresh,but when they refresh while the phone is a sleep they show me totally wrong location on phone wake up,sometimes they refresh by themselves ,sometimes i need to respring to show me correct location
    2015-12-17 11:39 AM
    Can one of you guys send me the widget your using so I can see if I can replicate this.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2015-12-17 03:00 PM
    Can one of you guys send me the widget your using so I can see if I can replicate this.
    it happens with most WW based widgets to me,but i think it somehow started to happen when i started to use Ians simple base widget,and that widget does not update properly
    EDIT:now testing with uniaw7,never had trouble with that
    Last edited by #m37h{; 2015-12-17 at 03:28 PM.
    2015-12-17 03:06 PM
    Ok, I can try Ian's base iWid.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2015-12-17 04:43 PM
    check that your phone hasn't decided to randomly turn your Privacy/Location Services off.....mine did a couple of times in the past.
    2015-12-17 05:28 PM
    check that your phone hasn't decided to randomly turn your Privacy/Location Services off.....mine did a couple of times in the past.
    how it can do that? O_o
    i've been randomly losing carrier signal all of a sudden
    Last edited by #m37h{; 2015-12-17 at 05:35 PM.
    2015-12-17 05:33 PM
    I'm using 7.1.
    2015-12-17 06:50 PM
    hey KOH,so i've been testing stuff today driving around the city,my setup was Uniaw7.1 on the LS and WW2 base widget on sb,WW2 setings-best for navigation-distance filter 1m.LS widget updates first all info and a bit after that SB widget does the same.
    Everything updated just fine from location to weather,all good.
    But my problem stated above still occures when i'm in one place for longer time(at home,exp.).hope this helps just a bit.
    2015-12-18 10:12 AM
    i need experts opinion on one article i bumped into,i'm afraid to mess with system stuff,any thoughts?ty
    Comment corriger les resprings de votre iDevice (iOS 9) | Zone Actu
    2015-12-18 10:54 AM
    hey KOH,so i've been testing stuff today driving around the city,my setup was Uniaw7.1 on the LS and WW2 base widget on sb,WW2 setings-best for navigation-distance filter 1m.LS widget updates first all info and a bit after that SB widget does the same.
    Everything updated just fine from location to weather,all good.
    But my problem stated above still occures when i'm in one place for longer time(at home,exp.).hope this helps just a bit.
    I just checked the UniAW7.1 and the simple base widget.
    Running the widgets on the Mac, I change the temp & the updatetimestring in the xml file & both widgets update fine within the 30 seconds: refreshTimer = setTimeout(updateWeather, 30*1000);

If I just change the temp in the xml file the widget will not update, the updatetimestring in the xml file must be a different time from previous update before anything will update, so when you are checking things at home please check in your xml file if the updatetimestring is changing.

WW2 will update when you move a significant distance (I think this is the setting "GPS Distance Filter") and based on your tests this seems to be working fine, but when you are not moving I THINK it should update at the specified "UPDATE INTERVAL" set in WW2 settings page, and again based on your tests this part does not seem to be working.

To test this on your system:
    Keep your phone in one place. Set your "UPDATE INTERVAL" in WW2 settings page to 1 minute.
    Open your xml file & check the updatetimestring value, again don't move your phone.
    Wait at least 1 minute and check your data for updatetimestring in the xml file again, it must change.
    Let us know.

BTW, I did this test myself and find it did not update, or at least it did not update the updatetimestring values.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-12-18 at 12:29 PM.
    2015-12-18 12:02 PM
    i need experts opinion on one article i bumped into,i'm afraid to mess with system stuff,any thoughts?ty
    Comment corriger les resprings de votre iDevice (iOS 9) | Zone Actu
    Not sure I would set it to "-1" but if I had 6+ and was getting re-springs I recon I would try setting it higher, maybe around 600, or even just double at 480.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-12-18 at 02:02 PM.
    2015-12-18 12:43 PM
    @Ian
    i did what you said and my updatetimestring value in .xml didn't change for a half hour while device locked and than i woke it up it changed it normally at that second....
    what would happen if i change refreshTimer = setTimeout(updateWeather, 30*1000); to lets say 10*1000 ?
    2015-12-18 01:31 PM
    @Ian
    i did what you said and my updatetimestring value in .xml didn't change for a half hour while device locked and than i woke it up it changed it normally at that second....
    what would happen if i change refreshTimer = setTimeout(updateWeather, 30*1000); to lets say 10*1000 ?
    Then I would say it all seems to be working ok for you, I don't think it would update while the device is locked.

Changing the timer would make a small difference, remember it's milliseconds, so if your xml file has been updated the widget will update within 30 seconds (30 times 1000 milliseconds (30*1000)), if you change it to 10*1000 it will update within 10 seconds after you wake the device & your xml file has been updated, the 30 second timer gives WW2 time to update before the widget checks the xml file.
    If you made it 10 seconds, WW2 might not have enough time to make it's update, so you would end up waiting another 10 seconds anyway.

I think It's normal if your phone is locked for a long period, when you unlock it you have to wait 30 seconds for the update, this is why you see your city name in red text until the widget updates.
    It never use to be like this, prior to WW the widgets use to be still running & updating when phone was locked so was up to date when you unlocked the device, but people complained about battery usage. I think it's better that WW2 doesn't update while device is sleeping.
    I don't know if this is by design or if WW2 is supposed to update while device is sleeping, KOH can answer this for you.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-12-18 at 01:58 PM.
    2015-12-18 01:52 PM
    Then I would say it all seems to be working ok for you, I don't think it would update while the device is locked.

Changing the timer would make a small difference, remember it's milliseconds, so if your xml file has been updated the widget will update within 30 seconds (30 times 1000 milliseconds (30*1000)), if you change it to 10*1000 it will update within 10 seconds.

I think It's normal if your phone is locked for a long period, when you unlock it you have to wait 30 seconds for the update (or 10 if you change the timer), this is why you see your city name in red text until the widget updates.
    It never use to be like this, prior to WW the widgets use to be still running & updating when phone was locked so was up to date when you unlocked the device, but people complained about battery usage. I think it's better that WW2 doesn't update while device is sleeping.
    I don't know if this is by design or if WW2 is supposed to update while device is sleeping, KOH can answer this for you.
    thank you very much for help brosky
    2015-12-18 01:56 PM
    thank you very much for help brosky
    You're welcome, always happy to help.
    I edited my post, I just remembered why the 30 seconds, it's so there is enough time for WW2 to update first before the widget checks the xml file.
    2015-12-18 02:00 PM
    Ian, somewhere back in this thread recently (though I couldn't find it in the last 20 or 30 pages) I remember you talking about the screen dimensions we should use in the autosizing section of the main.JS to achieve UniAW7 .1 filling the entire portrait screen of an iPad mini… An iPad Mini's screen size is 1024 x 768 for widget design purpose… But that sizing when I input them as an i6plus' height and width are a little too wide and the center image gets stretched as well as the weather info numbers are a little too big and not proportionally placed. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to change some of container percentages to make it work?

I'm guessing 1024x768 is not a 16:9 aspect ratio. Right?

But even when I input a true 16 to 9 ratio pair of numbers… The weather information font sizes still seem like they're calculating based on the full size of the iPad mini screen. They're very large.

Last edited by NewD; 2015-12-18 at 03:25 PM.
    2015-12-18 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD