Great work, Ras! I've always loved how you come at things from a different angle. Though I really enjoyed our work together on trying to have weather.framework(wf) in my location iWidget it was ultimately a failed experiment since WF isn't able to auto-update or tap directly into the GPS antenna at set intervals or intervals set by location change. This is WW2's great superiority over WF in my view and why the community as a whole had abandoned direct tapping of WF via Cycript. WW2 does way more as it taps into more than just WF. WF is just too slow and inaccurate for my needs for a weather widget.

Though I will enjoy working with your css file to make the WW2 version of U7 fit my iPad Mini.
    The thing is the iPad mini stays at home, so not much location update needed.
    I don't have an stock Weather app on the iPad mini funny enough, but yet there is a weather framework and also a "weather" item in the location menu which has the location update to always. Anyway I have no problem with updating, it does that automatically, I don't need to pull down the NC if I want to update.

So are you going to share it???
    Basically no!
    It was just an exercise to see if I can do it. LOL
    Even though it still uses translation.js, I had to make a tiny adjustment to the "en" part, which I have not made to any other language.
    First of all it is for iPad mini only and a cydget. Not much demand for those.
    Secondly I do NOT want request for "Can I have 12 hour AM/PM display", "I want F instead of C" and so on.
    The only part that might be interesting is the background bit (wallpapers, sun/moon and animations), which seem to fit any screen size (works fine on the 5S), but even that picks its info from the weather framework.
    I consider this as finished (fit for my iPad mini, unfit for anybody else) and are already looking forward to start my next project, which is bugging my brain for month now.
    However you know where to look if you want to look at the code.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!
    2015-12-21 04:25 PM
    Yes, Ras.. I was thinking that my iPad mini also just stays at home so I don't need crazy locational updating.. And would be happy to have it on my iPad mini if you're willing.

I promise no requests.. .. And the main reason we iPad mini 2 folks would love it is for its stability.. On iPad mini 2 (A7 processor) running in LockHTML4 - UniAW7 is Respring city.. So Cydget would stabilize it for me.

You know I'm a big fan of your work - so if you're willing - send me a link to it.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-12-21 at 05:14 PM.
    2015-12-21 04:35 PM
    Actually NewD, you seem to be right regarding the update thing.
    I only saw the update times during testing which meant to respring after each change - I am not used to that with MYO - and after each respring it had the latest weather info. However it seems it does not update without a respring as often, if at all.
    So, there we go, nice idea, but better failure.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!
    2015-12-21 06:40 PM
    Yes, the no update without human interaction is a deal breaker for me. So on an iPad I think you only have 2 options, respring or refresh NC.

Long live WW2...

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2015-12-21 06:46 PM
    Actually NewD, you seem to be right regarding the update thing.
    I only saw the update times during testing which meant to respring after each change - I am not used to that with MYO - and after each respring it had the latest weather info. However it seems it does not update without a respring as often, if at all.
    So, there we go, nice idea, but better failure.
    Yeah.. It's just a real weakness of the weather.framework in iOS on phone or iPad. And the real strength of WW2. Thanks for the update!

If you ever want to make your Cydget work with WW2 again.. That would be great.. Since it wouldn't respring as much as UniAW7.1 running in an A7 environment on the iPadMini 2 (respring city as I mentioned). But I know you're probably on to other projects. You push us all to think differently, Ras! That's one of your biggest contributions to the community! Thanks for you work!
    2015-12-21 07:02 PM
    UPDATED - iWW2 Puzzle

I understand there was some issue with reading the forecast temperature as I myself was having the same issue in being unable to read the forecast clearly.

Link has been updated to include a "forecastBG" that will overlay the weather wall to make the forecast more easily readible. I've also updated and included higher resolution weather walls. Thanks again EricB87, Ian, and the WW2 team!! Happy Holidays!!

UniAW7-imageuploadedbytapatalk1450748646.542989.jpg

UniAW7-imageuploadedbytapatalk1450748655.154615.jpg

ENJOY!

iWW2 Puzzle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by taykiin; 2015-12-22 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Fixed 12 hour WW2 showing am/pm in widget
    2015-12-22 02:46 AM
    UPDATED - iWW2 Puzzle

I understand there was some issue with reading the forecast temperature as I myself was having the same issue in being unable to read the forecast clearly.

Link has been updated to include a "forecastBG" that will overlay the weather wall to make the forecast more easily readible. I've also updated and included higher resolution weather walls. Thanks again EricB87, Ian, and the WW2 team!! Happy Holidays!!

ENJOY!

iWW2 Puzzle

Wow! Beautiful, thank you so much
    iPhone 6 on 8.4
    2015-12-22 04:37 AM
    I love seeing that puzzle widget. It was one of the first widgets that I helped Eric with.

Good times...

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2015-12-22 06:29 AM
    UPDATED - iWW2 Puzzle

ENJOY!

iWW2 Puzzle

Can you kindly tell me where in style Css to change the percentage to make this for an iP6? It is too small for my screen. Thank you UniAW7

iPhone 6 on 8.4
    2015-12-22 04:50 PM
    I just wanted to express my joy and Marty McFly thank for the greatest help to turn my widget to ww2. and Ian Nicoll by its code. Marty are a great person. it's in Share your LockScreen/Springboard Widgets

Last edited by Jusephe71; 2015-12-22 at 06:08 PM.
    2015-12-22 04:51 PM
    I just wanted to express my joy and Marty McFly thank for the greatest help to turn my widget to ww2. and Ian Nicoll by its code. Marty are a great person. it's in Share your LockScreen/Springboard Widgets
    Beautiful and thank you for sharing. Does anyone know how I can fix the Cloudy weatherwall, it keeps showing a rain image. Thank you

iPhone 6 on 8.4
    2015-12-22 07:01 PM
    Beautiful and thank you for sharing. Does anyone know how I can fix the Cloudy weatherwall, it keeps showing a rain image. Thank you

that is not only a problem that image put it there because I liked that I did remember widget just for me but I shared
    2015-12-22 07:23 PM

image overwrite https://www.dropbox.com/s/6d21hqaf8db9tej/26.jpg?dl=0 or https://www.dropbox.com/s/yulzsirlq2iezty/26a.jpg?dl=0
    Last edited by Jusephe71; 2015-12-22 at 07:31 PM.
    2015-12-22 07:28 PM
    Can you kindly tell me where in style Css to change the percentage to make this for an iP6? It is too small for my screen. Thank you UniAW7

Hi dollface54,

Can you please try again...I had the original background images set for iPhone 6s; they've since been resized. Please let me know if this fixes your issue. You'll have to re-download, I've updated the link.

Also, if you or anyone has the clock setting in WW2 set to 12 hour, edit "hours_minutes_seconds" to left: -2.5%; and "am/pm" to right: 44%; in the CSS file.
    Last edited by taykiin; 2015-12-22 at 07:42 PM.
    2015-12-22 07:39 PM
    Hi dollface54,

Can you please try again...I had the original background images set for iPhone 6s; they've since been resized. Please let me know if this fixes your issue. You'll have to re-download, I've updated the link.

Also, if you or anyone has the clock setting in WW2 set to 12 hour, edit "hours_minutes_seconds" to left: -2.5%; and "am/pm" to right: 44%; in the CSS file.
    Ok, I re-downloaded and fixed the clock like you said, it is still small. Should it be bigger than this for iP6?

iPhone 6 on 8.4
    2015-12-22 08:01 PM
    I agree. I want this one larger too. It's sized for iPhone 4/5.. There's a simple way to give you guys -% choices.. Let me try and recode it to do that.. Give me the rest of the day..
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-12-22 at 10:14 PM.
    2015-12-22 08:09 PM
    I agree. I want this one larger too. It's sized for iPhone 4/5.. There's a simple way to give you guys -% choices.. Let me try and recode it to do that.. Give me the rest of the day..
    Thanks NewD, I wasn't clear to dollface's original request. The screenshot above is how the widget looked in the very first original way back when. Are you all wanting it larger in actual size then?

Thanks for the help!

Here's my setup...

UniAW7-file-dec-22-1-22-21-pm.png
    2015-12-22 08:24 PM
    Thanks NewD, I wasn't clear to dollface's original request. The screenshot above is how the widget looked in the very first original way back when. Are you all wanting it larger in actual size then?

Thanks for the help!

Here's my setup...

UniAW7-file-dec-22-1-22-21-pm.png
    I personally want it almost edge to edge. All the text is way too small for my old eyes UniAW7

AND how are you getting animated weather at the top of your screen?

iPhone 6 on 8.4
    2015-12-22 08:57 PM
    I personally want it almost edge to edge. All the text is way too small for my old eyes UniAW7

AND how are you getting animated weather at the top of your screen?

UniAW7 with animations only
    2015-12-22 09:09 PM
    UniAW7 with animations only
    It's gorgeous. Did not know it could do that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iPhone 6 on 8.4
    2015-12-22 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD