Tried an UniAW7.1 Mod (still in progress)

Last edited by dubailive; 2016-03-05 at 04:23 PM.
    If you chase two rabbits, you will lose them both
    www.dubailive.space
    2016-03-05 03:39 PM
    why does this not work

the highlowtemp code I added in... however its not doing anything on touch function.
    I got you covered bro. Check your PM
    2016-03-05 07:21 PM
    @king

Ok. More ww2 issues. But may have more info.

I left my house. Went to a restaurant has wifi
    Instant respring loops.
    Over and over
    I Icleaner turn off iwidgets

No change

I Icleaner turn off widget weather and all is fine.

Same trial. But kept wifi off. Never s respring

This I think dials it down to changing location and wifi

Anyhow there's more info for ya
    2016-03-05 07:41 PM
    I got you covered bro. Check your PM
    Sahweet will look when I get home
    2016-03-05 07:42 PM
    Please keep posting anything related to the issues that everyone is having. Either here ir in my thread. But unfortunately I haven't been able to replicate any of them and the crash reports that I have gotten have yielded nothing to help either. It's just such a small group reporting errors, and all different circumstances that I can't nail anything down.

But I'm listening and noting it all.

Sorry, that's all I got. UniAW7

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2016-03-05 08:03 PM
    Please keep posting anything related to the issues that everyone is having. Either here ir in my thread. But unfortunately I haven't been able to replicate any of them and the crash reports that I have gotten have yielded nothing to help either. It's just such a small group reporting errors, and all different circumstances that I can't nail anything down.

But I'm listening and noting it all.

Sorry, that's all I got. UniAW7

I can almost give a positive its wifi related..

heres why or what happened recently.

I drove 30 miles the other day.

im on Verizon fyi

left home wifi.

drove..

everything updated no issue.

got to location and I was then on their wifi.
    respring loop..

until I turn of ww2

again today drove 8 miles to a restaurant all good.

get to restaurant
    hop on their wifi
    respring loop
    2016-03-05 11:38 PM
    I join different wifi and have not noticed this issue. Very strange. I'm not even going near anything wifi related with WW2.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2016-03-06 12:17 AM
    Right. I wouldn't think u would. But. What I'm thinking it has to do with is how it pulls data. And somehow switching from one source to another may cause issues. Dunno.
    2016-03-06 12:25 AM
    Okay...! Just got my first SAFE MODE while traveling with WW2 in GPS mode. The safe mode happened on the update interval set by my distance change. I was not doing anything on the phone.

I almost forgot what a safe mode looked like since its been so long since I had one.

Ill be tracking very closely. I did not have WIFI on.
    2016-03-06 12:57 AM
    Maybe it's a tweak u have installed
    UniAW7
    2016-03-06 03:57 AM
    The CoreMod is a known safe mode trigger from the testing last few days. Get rid of it, your safe modes should stop
    So this can get flushed down the toilet then. What a surprise.
    2016-03-06 05:43 AM
    WW2 Widget with only Analog
    Base script by Ian - Dacal and WW2 Team

DL :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8sn7xk64d...idget.zip?dl=0
    2016-03-06 05:50 AM
    Not running core. Wife has no widgets at all
    2016-03-06 06:13 AM
    So this can get flushed down the toilet then. What a surprise.
    Except 5 or 6 of the folks had all their safe modes stop after they got rid of it. I call that a suspect.. Please don't shoot the messenger/observer. UniAW7

But you didn't really want to support 6.4 stuff anymore, right? That's the real reason you took it off post 1.. Right? My input has never mattered THAT much.. UniAW7
    2016-03-06 01:40 PM
    Except 5 or 6 of the folks had all their safe modes stop after they got rid of it. I call that a suspect.. Please don't shoot the messenger/observer. UniAW7

But you didn't really want to support 6.4 stuff anymore, right? That's the real reason you took it off post 1.. Right? My input has never mattered THAT much.. UniAW7
    Yes, your 2nd paragraph is 100% correct, especially the last sentence LOL.
    2016-03-06 01:58 PM
    Yes, your 2nd paragraph is 100% correct, especially the last sentence LOL.
    Cool. Then at least we understand each other! UniAW7
    2016-03-06 02:03 PM
    QUESTION:

To all people who experienced a "safe mode" crash, are you using any widget that includes Cycript for InfoStats2?
    If so, what widget?

Has anybody experienced a "safe mode" crash without using a widget that uses InfoStats2?
    Doesn't matter if you have InfoStats2 installed, what matters is if you are using a widget that uses it.

I'm happy to report I got my first safe mode in years it just happen after I start playing with InfoStats widgets, but seems to depend on which way it's coded.

With Matt's Weather Test widget it seems to break the Apple weather app ability to get local (GPS) city name, instead it shows "Local Weather", if I remove Matt's widget the Apple weather app local city returns to normal.

I'm almost 100% sure that this widget (and maybe the issue with local city) was the cause of my crash.

Thanks.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2016-03-07 at 07:44 AM.
    2016-03-07 07:31 AM
    I got Matt's Weather Test widget installed, but it does sometimes go funny. Not a single data (temperature and condition) is correct.

But this is on an iPad mini, 9.0.2, which has NO stock Weather App. That means I do not have several locations for the Weather App, only the GPS based location one. Don't know if that makes a difference.
    No "random" safe mode though, only ones that are caused by my bad coding when testing.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2016-03-07 at 09:10 AM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!
    2016-03-07 09:04 AM
    I got Matt's Weather Test widget installed, but it does sometimes go funny. Not a single data (temperature and condition) is correct.
    The wrong info you see is from the fake info written in the div's, if something is wrong with code or no internet it's what you'll see.

No "random" safe mode though, only ones that are caused by my bad coding when testing.
    At least this proves that these types of widgets can cause safe modes compared to just the widget breaking in "normal" widgets.

I also found bug in forecast weekdays in Matt's iWidget.

------------------

It's possible I got the safe mode because I was testing too many widgets at the same time, don't know at this point, will run only one + UniAW for a few days & see what happens. But the local (GPS) weather app name issue annoys me, hopefully all will be good after the InfoStats2 update.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2016-03-07 at 11:13 AM.
    2016-03-07 09:49 AM
    Tonight I sat & tested Matt's IS2 iWidget, dissecting it till I found the issue that causes the local city name in Apple Weather App to show "Local City" instead of the correct city name.
    I traced the issue to the updateWeather function:
    Code:
    var refreshTimerLength = 300000;
    function updateWeather() {
        [IS2Weather updateWeather];
        setTimeout(updateWeather, refreshTimerLength);
    }
    If I remove this function all works great, but it naturally no longer updates
    I have informed Matt & hope to hear his input soon.

I'm now wondering if because IS2 is changing the local city values in the weather framework (which it shouldn't do) it might be causing a clash with WW2 & crashing to safe mode (especially when changing location!). This is my theory only.

Anyway, we'll see what comes in IS2 update.
    2016-03-07 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD