Ian i'm using a 5s on iOS 8.1 and the birds are moving very slow on my LS and SB but on further testing and using another SB which is "SB_exquisite_shelves" which is an UniAW 6.4 SB, i still see the problem with the Birds. I'm using W.W b5 beta. I use "exquisite shelves" on iOS 7.1.2 and had no problems.
    Mmm, don't know, maybe a bug in IOS8 with animated gifs, the birds are the only animated gif files in the UniAW, all other animations are HTML5/javascrips/css animations.
    I ran both birds on my i5 (IOS 7) all day looking for this issue but seems it doesn't exist in IOS 7.
    2014-11-08 01:44 PM
    im using an sb of uniaw 6.4 amd its happening as well...5s on ios8

so uniaw7 is useable w the ww beta?
    2014-11-08 02:06 PM
    Mmm, don't know, maybe a bug in IOS8 with animated gifs, the birds are the only animated gif files in the UniAW, all other animations are HTML5/javascrips/css animations.
    I ran both birds on my i5 (IOS 7) all day looking for this issue but seems it doesn't exist in IOS 7.
    Maybe it's because SBHTML and GroovyLock are not updated for iOS 8 as yet .

im using an sb of uniaw 6.4 amd its happening as well...5s on ios8

so uniaw7 is useable w the ww beta?
    Yeah been using been using both for a while now .
    Last edited by jawonder; 2014-11-08 at 04:11 PM.
    2014-11-08 04:02 PM
    Ian will this be available for the 6+?? sure hope so bro
    its awesome work thanks
    2014-11-08 05:12 PM
    The VFormation Birds also aren't flapping their wings in iOS8.. So gifs aren't playing in iOS8..
    2014-11-08 05:33 PM
    Ian will this be available for the 6+?? sure hope so bro
    its awesome work thanks
    Yes, it's being tested now but kinda waiting for other tweaks & IOS8 to get updated as too many bugs at present time (causing random re-springs), at this time it looks like we cannot support the landscape mode in 6+ phones.
    2014-11-08 05:42 PM
    Ian the birds do work sometimes on 6 + on 8.1 but sometimes they don't not sure about SB
    2014-11-08 05:51 PM
    Yes, it's being tested now but kinda waiting for other tweaks & IOS8 to get updated as too many bugs at present time (causing random re-springs), at this time it looks like we cannot support the landscape mode in 6+ phones.
    Like I said before bro,landscape mode on homescreen is useless.Still haven't found any reason why it would be necessary lol.
    2014-11-08 06:41 PM
    Like I said before bro,landscape mode on homescreen is useless.Still haven't found any reason why it would be necessary lol.
    I agree man. I don't get why that was even a feature. I use flex to disable home screen rotation so I don't have to toggle the rotation lock on and off when I am in apps that I want to rotate. Very cool tweak.
    2014-11-08 06:53 PM
    100% agree ☺ this is the reason why it ever will be disabled on my 6+
    Matux is past ... Kazuyoshi is back (thx Simon )

Dropbox
    : exxOS -- Shine --
    2014-11-08 06:54 PM
    Games is the only reason that I can see, but all phones already do that.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2014-11-09 12:39 AM
    I agree man. I don't get why that was even a feature. I use flex to disable home screen rotation so I don't have to toggle the rotation lock on and off when I am in apps that I want to rotate. Very cool tweak.
    I'm trying out a tweak from the BigBoss repo (free)...compatible iOS 5 through 8...

Called Portrait Lock...

You can lock the device in portrait up or down, landscape right or left...but the thing is it has a section to select apps you don't want the device locked in portrait when you open them, sort of like a whitelist...

You don't have to enable the stock rotation lock either. Right now I have locked for portrait but I have MMI, google maps, mail, games I have, protube, YouTube, etc checked so I can see them in landscape too... So far so good... I have it on an iPad Air 7.04...

I don't know if it'll stop resprings on 6+ thou, as I don't have that device...but is free so....
    Last edited by kristatos; 2014-11-09 at 02:31 AM.
    2014-11-09 02:13 AM
    "A lot of mobile browsers deliberately do not support position:fixed; on the grounds that fixed elements could get in the way on a small screen."

Maybe you guys on IOS 8 having respiring issues and issues with the birds can try in the "Style" css file for your phone type changing "position: fixed;" in the body settings to "position: absolute;", see if it helps.
    2014-11-09 05:14 AM
    I just changed mine Ian....6plus. Will test it out.
    2014-11-09 05:18 AM
    I just changed mine Ian....6plus. Will test it out.
    Not sure if it will make any difference but I read many times that fixed position breaks scroll's in IOS so it could be causing some issues with anything on your screen that has scroll bar.... maybe!

But the logic goes to pot if the issues are still present when using it as an iWidget, because iWidget changes the position to absolute.

But I'm curious to see if it helps with iph6 (or lower, running IOS 8) users, as I believe iph6Plus users have another issue with the landscape mode.

You can google "css position: fixed in IOS" to read about it.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-09 at 05:30 AM.
    2014-11-09 05:23 AM
    Doesn't hurt to try Ian.
    2014-11-09 05:28 AM
    hey i have a question, not just about uniaw7 but there are so many wise heads in this thread . I tried to install a theme but nothing happened when I enabled it in winterboard, was told that I needed to install icon bundles , I did from cydia , activate theme in winterboard respring and then it got locked to the white apple logo , start completely over again , what did I do wrong ?
    2014-11-09 02:29 PM
    hey i have a question, not just about uniaw7 but there are so many wise heads in this thread . I tried to install a theme but nothing happened when I enabled it in winterboard, was told that I needed to install icon bundles , I did from cydia , activate theme in winterboard respring and then it got locked to the white apple logo , start completely over again , what did I do wrong ?
    sure sir very strange better ask on thread of ur theme !!
    regards
    2014-11-09 02:35 PM
    sure sir very strange better ask on thread of ur theme !!
    regards
    Was it paid theme or cracked theme. B honest now. As sometimes cracked themes r not always cracked right and can cause crashes and re-springs.
    2014-11-09 03:35 PM
    Was it paid theme or cracked theme. B honest now. As sometimes cracked themes r not always cracked right and can cause crashes and re-springs.
    honest a cracked theme, i do that sometimes to see if i like it, them i pay for it

a cracked theme, i do that sometimes to se if i want to use it then i pay for it
    2014-11-09 03:42 PM
12,292 ... 242505152535462102152552 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD