Is there a tutorial out there for modding the .css and .js? I have many ideas but the lack of knowledge makes it hard to bring things to a reality. I've learned a lot just studying the contents. At the moment i'm trying to bring weather info text to be the top layer so that it isn't hidden behind a modded clock? Tried bringing a little transparency to it but it still looks funny and doesn't show the txt clearly. I have figured out how to move the coordinates of the txt in the style.css but im not ready to do that yet. I'm just not sure about the layering. Does it have to do with z-index? Also, still trying to figure out why i cant get "user or "none" wallpaper options to show anything but a white screen. Sorry still a noob with uniaw. Just give me more time. Thanks
    Last edited by incubus26jc; 2016-08-27 at 08:25 PM.
    2016-08-26 03:43 AM
    Is there a tutorial out there for modding the .css and .js? I have many ideas but the lack of knowledge makes it hard to bring things to a reality. I've learned a lot just studying the contents. At the moment i'm trying to bring weather info text to be the top layer so that it isn't hidden behind a modded clock? Tried bringing a little transparency to it but it still looks funny and doesn't show the txt clearly. I have figured out how to move the coordinates of the txt in the style.css but im not ready to do that yet. I'm just not sure about the layering. Does it have to do with z-index? Also, still trying to figure out why i cant get "user or "none" wallpaper options to show anything but a white screen. Sorry still a noob with uniaw. Just give me more time. Thanks

I'm not sure about that mod. z-index is like layering. The element with a higher number will be "on top" of the lower numbered z-index. One thing to note however... If you study the HTML and an element is wrapped by another, for example.

UniAW7-imageuploadedbymodmyi1472188703.542005.jpg

The three elements temp, desc and city, no matter how high their z-index, in perspective will only be as high as weatherContainer z-index related to other elements within the mod like clockFace. However temp, desc and city z-index will define the positions between each other.
    Last edited by chevymusclecar; 2016-08-26 at 07:18 AM.
    2016-08-26 07:10 AM
    I'm not sure about that mod. z-index is like layering. The element with a higher number will be "on top" of the lower numbered z-index. One thing to note however... If you study the HTML and an element is wrapped by another, for example.

UniAW7-imageuploadedbymodmyi1472188703.542005.jpg

The three elements temp, desc and city, no matter how high their z-index, in perspective will only be as high as weatherContainer z-index related to other elements within the mod like clockFace. However temp, desc and city z-index will define the positions between each other.
    Thanks for the response. That will get me going in the right direction.
    2016-08-26 04:43 PM
    uniaw 7.1 nod found

please link download
    2016-08-26 05:53 PM
    Paradigm Shift, WW3 Blur Lock, McFly iWidget, UniAW 7.1 animations on SB, as iWidget. MJWalls Timed Wall Springboard HTML. Without further ado, here are the screens.

High Rez Large links below the embedded pics.

FULL SIZE PIC LINKS
    http://i.imgur.com/Ph4jnw9.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/t2leWE1.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/9oWxZe7.jpg
    2016-08-26 08:20 PM
    Deleted
    Last edited by metaserph; 2016-08-26 at 09:38 PM.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity
    2016-08-26 09:01 PM
    Firstly apologize for the noob question. I had used Arc SB Top UniAW last time I jailbroke with SBHTML and now that that no longer works, was hoping to use as an iWidget. I have WW3 installed as well as Webcycript. Question is how to convert it to the iWidget format? I added the plist but it won't display the weather, just a blank white area.
    2016-08-27 04:37 PM
    Change wallpaper.html to widget.html?!?!
    2016-08-27 05:25 PM
    Change wallpaper.html to widget.html?!?!
    Did that as well
    2016-08-27 05:31 PM
    I jailbroke with SBHTML and now that that no longer works.
    Really?
    UniAW7UniAW7UniAW7UniAW7UniAW7UniAW7UniAW7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you like my Post please hit the Thanks button on the bottom Left Corner.

2016-08-27 05:54 PM
    Really?
    UniAW7UniAW7UniAW7UniAW7UniAW7UniAW7UniAW7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol, ok. Was using SBHTML 'after' it was jailbroken
    2016-08-27 05:57 PM
    Did that as well
    The ARC Top and Bottom UniAW7 SB Widgets were all made in the iOS 8 period where we were all using GroovyBoard+ to prevent resprings. So in addition to placing the widget in the iWidgets folders, changing Wallpaper.html to Widget.html, and adding a Widget.plist you'll need to go into the main.js' updateWeather () function and change this:
    Code:
    groovyAPI.do({read:"widgetweather.xml"}, function(data){
    To this:
    Code:
    //groovyAPI.do({read:"widgetweather.xml"}, function(data){
    jQuery.get(url, function(data) {
    You'll also need to disable any background wall used as that wall will cover your icons when the widget is used as an iWidget.
    Last edited by NewD; 2016-08-27 at 08:43 PM.
    2016-08-27 08:41 PM
    Thank you for the help. I had done those steps. Also tried converting it to use AnemoneHTML based on what I had read earlier; no dice. Whenever I view the file, I get this:

UniAW7-untitled.png
    2016-08-27 09:20 PM
    Thank you for the help. I had done those steps. Also tried converting it to use AnemoneHTML based on what I had read earlier; no dice. Whenever I view the file, I get this:

UniAW7-untitled.png
    Yep. I get that too. Wonder why.. I will troubleshoot later.
    2016-08-27 10:07 PM
    Appreciate it
    2016-08-27 10:11 PM
    Aha.. found the issue, Swokwire.. Silly me - one I should have remembered.. and the other is just a cut and paste error on both our parts..

Let's fix the paste error first..

A little earlier we // commented out the groovyapi.do line - but the 'function(data{ ' line ended up on a line by itself without any comments so change this:
    Code:
    //groovyAPI.do({read:"widgetweather.xml"},
    function(data){
    to this:
    Code:
    //groovyAPI.do({read:"widgetweather.xml"}, function(data){
    Then I totally forgot that UniAW7 has a a built in prevention for any file named 'widget' to start 'wallpapers'.. So you have to comment this line out..
    Change this:
    Code:
    // iWIDGET OR LOCKSCREEN
    if (location.pathname.indexOf("Widget") != -1) {
    Wallpaper_options = "none";
    document.body.style.position = "absolute";
    to this:
    Code:
    // iWIDGET OR LOCKSCREEN
    if (location.pathname.indexOf("Widget") != -1) {
    //Wallpaper_options = "none";
    document.body.style.position = "absolute";
    Then the widget will work.. But don't forget to get rid of that back wall or it will cover your icons.
    2016-08-27 11:06 PM
    You were right of course, it covers the icons. Do I need to edit the WeatherinfoBG or is it another setting in the .js file? If I changed Widget.html to index and added anemone.loadFileString would I get the same result? You mentioned in another post you also had to point the plist to Documents for the widgetweather file..but that confuses me as well. I'm using the latest nightly of Anemone

Appreciate your help!
    Last edited by swokwire; 2016-08-27 at 11:57 PM.
    2016-08-27 11:44 PM
    You were right of course, it covers the icons. Do I need to edit the WeatherinfoBG or is it another setting in the .js file? If I changed Widget.html to index and added anemone.loadFileString would I get the same result? You mentioned in another post you also had to point the plist to Documents for the widgetweather file..but that confuses me as well.

Appreciate your help!
    You're welcome.. Yeah.. people are really desperate to get Springboard widgets back.. and they turn to iWidgets - But OOPPS - iWidgets run ABOVE the icon layer.. so if the SB Widget you want to convert has a wall attached (Yes, WeatherInfoBG) then it will cover the icons..

XenHTML will be out very shortly.. and will solve all this. You'll have HOMESCREEN widget behind the icons again.. In the mean time you have only AnemoneHTML(under icons) or iWidgets (over icons) at your disposal.

You can CHEAT the wall away, Swok, by changing the height of the Widget.plist value.. so the the wall will get cut off at the bottom. I've done that a couple of times.. Play with it..

If you already know the conversion process for the folder management for AnemoneHTML then all you need to do is add an info.plist with this in it.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
        <key>AnemoneHTML</key>
        <dict>
            <key>FilesystemAllowReadWrite</key>
            <array>
                <string>/var/mobile/Documents/</string>
            </array>
        </dict>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    ... and place the info.plist in the same theme folder where your AnemoneHTML folder is. Not INSIDE the AnemoneHTML folder.. but ALONGSIDE it.. in an enclosing folder. Just be aware that your weather info and location in the widget won't update automatically. You'll need to do a respring to update it. A long standing bug Coolstar is having trouble overcoming.
    Last edited by NewD; 2016-08-27 at 11:54 PM.
    2016-08-27 11:52 PM
    Couldn't seem to get around the clipping the bottom so tried converting for AnemoneHTML. Everything seems to work inside Filza viewing the index.html but kept getting either a black screen on respring or a message about 'no widgetweatherfile'. Tried the same thing with the Core SBHTML that was posted earlier in the thread, same result except totally white screen.

Read the post where AnemoneHTML feature was announced and used the following in the plist; respring and it appears to be working

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>AnemoneHTML</key>
    <dict>
    <key>FilesystemAllowReadOnly</key>
    <array>
    <string>/var/mobile/</string>
    </array>
    <key>FilesystemAllowReadWrite</key>
    <array>
    <string>/var/mobile/Library/Preferences</string>
    </array>
    </dict>
    </dict>
    </plist>

UniAW7-file-aug-27-6-26-35-pm.png
    Last edited by swokwire; 2016-08-28 at 01:31 AM.
    2016-08-28 01:19 AM
    Couldn't seem to get around the clipping the bottom so tried converting for AnemoneHTML. Everything seems to work inside Filza viewing the index.html but kept getting either a black screen on respiratory or a message about 'no widgetweatherfile'. Tried the same thing with the Core SBHTML that was posted earlier in the thread, same result except totally white screen.

Read the post where AnemoneHTML feature was announced and used the following in the plist; respring and it appears to be working

AnemoneHTML

FilesystemAllowReadOnly

/var/mobile/

FilesystemAllowReadWrite

/var/mobile/Library/Preferences

That's the wrong plist. Use the one I showed you. And make sure you replace jQuery.get with anemone.loadFileString and not anemone.loadFile.. I made that error early on. It's working fine on my phone in Anemone.. if you follow my instructions perfectly.
    Last edited by NewD; 2016-08-28 at 03:19 AM.
    2016-08-28 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD