Great! Thank you!
    Morkino,
    Why did you never move to iOS9 or 10 when the signing windows for jailbreakable versions were open? You're really missing out on tweaks like XenHTML and XenLS, etc... Both iOS9 and 10 run great on iPhone 5/5S.. Or do you still only have a 4/4S? Just curious why you're still on iOS8? There are even some AppStore apps that REQUIRE update for you now because that iOS is so old.
    2017-03-03 04:10 PM
    Okay.. so "riddle me this"... have you guys ever noticed how the moon is much bigger on the LS than on the SB? Is that on purpose or something I screwed up in the WW3 version? Touch code & animation code are the last two areas of U7-style JavaScript that somewhat elude me..

Can any of you find in the animation.js, moon.js or main.js where Ian would have made a distinction between LS and SB (and iWidget?) as regards moon size?
    2017-03-03 05:01 PM
    Morkino,
    Why did you never move to iOS9 or 10 when the signing windows for jailbreakable versions were open? You're really missing out on tweaks like XenHTML and XenLS, etc... Both iOS9 and 10 run great on iPhone 5/5S.. Or do you still only have a 4/4S? Just curious why you're still on iOS8? There are even some AppStore apps that REQUIRE update for you now because that iOS is so old.
    ... because I didn't like the new version of music app. the application I use the most...
    I'm sorry only for XenHTML.
    I know your opinion about semithethered jailbreak NewD but... I love untethered jailbreak UniAW7
    I have iPhone 6
    Last edited by morkino; 2017-03-03 at 05:33 PM.
    2017-03-03 05:29 PM
    ... because I didn't like the new version of music app. the application I use the most...
    I'm sorry only for XenHTML.
    I know your opinion about semi-tethered jailbreak NewD but... I love untethered jailbreak UniAW7
    I have iPhone 6
    9.0.2 was an untethered JB. .. And the Apple Music App was configurable to be exactly like the one in iOS8 - you just needed to learn how to change it back to work like the iOS8 one. I wish I could have shown you.. You're really missing out not being on 10 with an iPhone 6. .. So many amazing new features in 10. 9 wasn't that different than 8.. but 10 is WAY better than 8 or 9 in pretty much every way.. and STILL can have music app the way it was in 8. .. I do.

Maybe wait for 10.2.1.

There will never be any more untethered jailbreaks. A thing of the past..
    Last edited by NewD; 2017-03-03 at 06:00 PM.
    2017-03-03 05:50 PM
    9.0.2 was an untethered JB. .. And the Apple Music App was configurable to be exactly like the one in iOS8 - you just needed to learn how to change it back to work like the iOS8 one. I wish I could have shown you.. You're really missing out not being on 10 with an iPhone 6. .. So many amazing new features in 10. 9 wasn't that different than 8.. but 10 is WAY better than 8 or 9 in pretty much every way.. and STILL can have music app the way it was in 8. .. I do.
    Yes, back then I wasn't active part of the modmyi community... Anyway sooner or later I will move to a new I phone ... maybe already when iPhone 7s will be out... then whichever jailbreak will be I'll jump in again enjoying all new amazing functionalities.
    Thanks Grant UniAW7
    2017-03-03 06:06 PM
    OKAY!! Here's the 'last' - 'semi-major' upgrade to the base of UniAW7_WW3... This is NOT the NewD_Mod yet.. Though I should have that one done by the end of the weekend...

If you're a modder and have recently done a full mod based on one of the 'interim' recent versions... I'm pretty sure all you'll need to do to make sure 'the engine' of your U7_WW3 widget is current is to replace the main.js, config.js, config_iWidget.js, config_anem.js & touch.js with the ones now in the widget at the link below.. Also two things in the style.css that shouldn't affect the things YOU changed in the style.css..
    1) Replace the whole WW3 section at the bottom of the style.css with the same section of the code from the style.css in the widget linked below
    2) Then also add this: to the end of the #APIName tag in style.css
    -webkit-transition: all 0.4s ease-in;

That should bring your mod current!!

NEW IN THIS UPDATE:
    1) Decided to add the "all-words" Forecast Summaries from my mod of U7_WW3 believing that pretty much all modders would at least want to have this available for use -not to mention lovers of the original U7.1. This is switchable off in config.js if you don't like it. In Wallpaper.html or Widget.html.. touching the center of it will turn it on or off for a quick look at a forecast then gone.

2) On the Lockscreen version it will vertical touch scroll through all 7-10 days of forecast (depending on which API you're using in config.js) and you can also set the number of days you want there.

3) The Forecast Summary section intelligently knows what time of day it is and will show you the current day forecast first during day time and night from sundown to midnight (WeatherUnderground or Default (Apple/Weather.com). Then back to next day's day forecast after midnight.

4) I built the 'word forecast' for Weather.com(Apple) from scratch as we've never had an 'all words' forecast Summary option from the data already on our phone before. Enjoy!

5) Made the "Data Source" element fade in or out with the summaries.. So you don't have to have that always on on your screen.

6) Added the Date (number) with Weekday option that Morkino & Jacques worked on for us.. and options for it as just a number or number with suffix in config.js

7) Tweaked a few other minor things "under the hood".

But this should be considered the final 'major' release for the base... MOD AWAY!!!

Same link as always with fully updated version:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...iAW7.1_WW3.zip

Last edited by NewD; 2017-03-04 at 12:21 AM.
    2017-03-04 12:00 AM
    OKAY!! Here's the 'last' - 'semi-major' upgrade to the base of UniAW7_WW3...
    Absolutely Fantastic NewD!
    2017-03-04 12:15 AM
    To keep the package small I never include the TimedWalls in IMAGES anymore.. Many don't use that at all.. and we all have a copy of Ian's original somewhere where we can grab those images for importing if we wish.. All the code for TimedWalls remain.. just the 25MB of images are not in the AnemoneHTML/Images/Wallpapers/Timed folder anymore. Put them there if you like them or want them available in your mods..
    2017-03-04 12:25 AM
    Here's my newest LS mod, using NewD's most recent version of UniAW. Works with XenLS and LockHTML4.
    Touch anywhere in the animation window to bring up forecast summary. Touch current condition icon to turn animations on/off. Touch arrows to navigate between WW3 saved locations. Touch 5 day forecast to toggle moon info. Slide hourly forecast to view the next 6 hours.
    https://www.mediafire.com/download/x3paa3aggag5ftb
    Last edited by menard_00; 2017-03-04 at 10:58 AM.
    2017-03-04 10:55 AM
    Here's my newest LS mod, using NewD's most recent version of UniAW. Works with XenLS and LockHTML4.
    Touch anywhere in the animation window to bring up forecast summary. Touch current condition icon to turn animations on/off. Touch arrows to navigate between WW3 saved locations. Touch 5 day forecast to toggle moon info. Slide hourly forecast to view the next 6 hours.
    Awesome Lock screen !
    2017-03-04 05:09 PM
    Superb work, Menard!! Thanks for using the new base!!
    2017-03-04 05:18 PM
    Menard.. when I switch the weatherAPI from default to "wu" for WeatherUnderground.. I'm still getting the Default Summary.. did u change anything in main.js? I'll need to debug it.. it should have changed the summaries to WU when I made that switch in config.js. The whole goal of all the updates is to make sure that people have the multi API choice. Your mod is the first test run.. .. So any bugs will surface.. let me know if you did anything in the mod to make only default appear.. thx..
    2017-03-04 05:39 PM
    ...first test run.. .. So any bugs will surface.. let me know if you did anything in the mod to make only default appear.. thx..
    Any news about the non-updating with G+ Grant?
    Another question: is it true that in ios10 is not updating at all unless you respring? And why?
    2017-03-04 06:02 PM
    Well I finally got my 6S+ Yalu jailbroken and I need help understanding what I need to install this clock widget as I like simplicity...
    can you guys help me out what I need and where to get that clock widget Please and help would be appreciated I dont really need spoon feed but at least where to start
    Attached Thumbnails UniAW7-screen-shot-2017-03-04-11.59.11-am.png  
    2017-03-04 06:04 PM
    my Setup for today theme elixir and uniaw 7.1 modd by me
    UniAW7-datei-04.03.17-18-15-37.png
    2017-03-04 06:16 PM
    Well I finally got my 6S+ Yalu jailbroken and I need help understanding what I need to install this clock widget as I like simplicity...
    can you guys help me out what I need and where to get that clock widget Please and help would be appreciated I dont really need spoon feed but at least where to start
    you Need xenhtml and ww3
    2017-03-04 06:19 PM
    Any news about the non-updating with G+ Grant?
    Jake hasn't gotten back to me.. BUT I'm getting weird conflicting things.. When I close and open my 5S.. the weather WILL update IF there's new data from the API server.. In WW3 I have it set to 15 minutes usually.. So if I'm in one place at my house.. I wouldn't expect the weather to update until after 15 minutes. This is how WW3 is built and how U7 is built too. Though the widget refreshes every 30 seconds - it only updates IF new data is found in the xml.. This is how it's worked since the earliest day of UniAW6 too. Now.. when I change the update in WW3 to '1 minute'.. The weather WILL be updated when I close and open my phone (no respring needed).. BUT when I leave my phone OPEN... I see no updating every 1 minute.. So it's like it's HALF working for me..

I know we spent a lot of time last summer talking about this situation when Yahoo went down.. and I build the 'workaround.js'.. But remind me again HOW you're TESTING to discover that the weather isn't updating? Just remind me HOW you can be sure it's NOT..

Another question: is it true that in ios10 is not updating at all unless you respring? And why?
    No - that is incorrect. On iOS10 in LockHTML, or XenHTML (LS or SB) weather updates for me at the weather interval set in WW3 Settings when at home/work.. or while driving it updates every 30 seconds because the xml is updating every 50-100 meters while traveling. What you may have heard is that in AnemoneHTML, on SB, nothing updates without a respring. But that is Anemone's fault. Not the widget or iOS10. Same problem in AnemoneHTML on iOS9.
    2017-03-04 06:24 PM
    you Need xenhtml and ww3
    Well XenHTML is not available for purchase yet. You can use a 72-hour trial of it by adding the repo:
    xenpublic.incendo.ws
    and installing XenHTML

Then install WidgetWeather 3 from Cydia.. Change a few switches in WW3 Settings to get it to generation the proper file the widget uses for weather... Then respring..

Then Create a folder called SBHTML in var/mobile/Library.

Then place the SB widget you want in that folder.. Choose that Widget in XenHTML's HOMESCREEN section by clicking on the layer behind the little squares.. And choosing WIDGET at the bottom.. You'll see your widget in there.. Choose it.. and then go to your Homscreen and it should be there..

After 72 hours.. XenHTML won't work anymore... and we don't know when purchasing will be available..
    2017-03-04 06:31 PM
    Jake hasn't gotten back to me.. BUT I'm getting weird conflicting things.. When I close and open my 5S.. the weather WILL update IF there's new data from the API server.. In WW3 I have it set to 15 minutes usually.. So if I'm in one place at my house.. I wouldn't expect the weather to update until after 15 minutes. This is how WW3 is built and how U7 is built too. Though the widget refreshes every 30 seconds - it only updates IF new data is found in the xml.. This is how it's worked since the earliest day of UniAW6 too. Now.. when I change the update in WW3 to '1 minute'.. The weather WILL be updated when I close and open my phone (no respring needed).. BUT when I leave my phone OPEN... I see no updating every 1 minute.. So it's like it's HALF working for me..

I know we spent a lot of time last summer talking about this situation when Yahoo went down.. and I build the 'workaround.js'.. But remind me again HOW you're TESTING to discover that the weather isn't updating? Just remind me HOW you can be sure it's NOT..

No - that is incorrect. On iOS10 in LockHTML, or XenHTML (LS or SB) weather updates for me at the weather interval set in WW3 Settings when at home/work.. or while driving it updates every 30 seconds because the xml is updating every 50-100 meters while traveling. What you may have heard is that in AnemoneHTML, on SB, nothing updates without a respring. But that is Anemone's fault. Not the widget or iOS10. Same problem in AnemoneHTML on iOS9.
    Thank you Grant for the explanation. So when I'll buy a new iPhone, very likely, Xen will be available to be purchased and I will peacefully go on working on my mods
    Regarding G+
    There is the variable xmlupdate that can be shown on the screen and it is changing the value only when the widget updates... Well it isn't changing. But moreover not even the weatherwalls are changing. All the animation work but the widget is not updating unless, as you noticed, we lock the phone and then we come back to the SB (so the widget starts again and is forced to pick up the data from the xml file)
    Last edited by morkino; 2017-03-04 at 06:49 PM.
    2017-03-04 06:44 PM
    Thank you Grant for the explanation. So when I'll buy a new iPhone, very likely, Xen will be available to be purchased and I will peacefully go on working on my mods
    Regarding G+
    There is the variable xmlupdate that can be shown on the screen and it is changing the value only when the widget updates... Well it isn't changing. But moreover not even the weatherwalls are changing. All the animation work but the widget is not updating unless, as you noticed, we lock the phone and then we come back to the SB (so the widget starts again and is forced to pick up the data from the xml file)
    Well.. here's the thing, Morkino, and I may not be understanding you.. But the weather walls never change unless the phone is open while traveling.. since the xml is updating so often (with actual NEW data).. When the phone is stationary - the weather walls will only change (there are 4 for each weather condition) IF there's an actual change to the weather in the API.. SO even if WW3 is set to '1 minute'. If there's NO NEW data in the xml after that 1 minute.. neither the weather nor the weather walls will update. Not on any version of UniAW7 that I've ever owned.. It's possible that that the reason GroovyCarrot changed the syntax to goovyAPI.do ({read: ..... because the widget was staying on in the background.. even while asleep.. What you're considering a 'correct way' of operating.. and all other widget BROKEN for updating.. is the way the widgets SHOULD work.. When I'm sitting - looking at my phone with it set to auto close NEVER.. I do NOT want to see the weather walls and xml update date CHANGING every 30 seconds.. That would be an INCORRECT way of the code working.. And would be a huge drain to the battery. Ian and Dacal designed the code.. (or refined it, by the time U7.1 was finished to ONLY update the weather data WHEN there was NEW data from the xml.. If the data was IDENTICAL to 30 seconds ago.. NO update.. no weather wall change... LastUpdated = last time new data was received.

So my problem is that, for me... As I sit my 5S and 7+ phones side my side.. with the same widget.. same time interval (1 minute) in WW3... Both the widget in 7+ in XenHTML and my widget on 5S in GroovyBoard+ are updating identically -- which in NOT AT ALL until new data arrives from the xml.

So I still need to conclude that no version of 7.1 will ever run like your U6 version.. because the 7.1 was revised to be easier on the battery. STILL my 5S and 7+ are 'updating on their own' without a respring. Just not as often as your U6 - which I wouldn't want anyway..

I hope I made myself clear.. Please send me a link to your U6 personal version.. for me to verify that it updates MORE often on my 5S in GB+... Then I will know for sure my conclusion is correct (or incorrect.. LOL).
    2017-03-04 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD