And I updated the UniAW7_WW3 base - yet again... Sorry, gang! This info from Menard's mod was too important.

Keeping as much as possible in the style.css is always the best approach. SO.. if you already have a mod in the works.. All you need to do is download the U7_WW3base yet one more time from it's usual link:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...iAW7.1_WW3.zip
    ... and then just replace your main.js, touch.js, config.js, config_iWidget.js & config_anem.js. Also replace the WW3 only stuff at the bottom of this new style.css with the bottom of your style.css.. and your widget should be up to date.

Changelog:
    1) The Forecast Summaries are now locked together in the style.css only and whatever changes you make there will affect them all so you can just choose your weatherAPI of choice in config.js and whatever css you've added will work for ALL potential choices.
    2) To preserve the ability to use vertical scrolling touch on the Lockscreen version - for example if you set Number of Days in forecast to '10' and want to scroll them on LS - there's a new variable, bottom of config.js, to choose scrolling touch of tap touch - which will just fade in and fade out summaries. So you have a choice there now.
    3) As of last version.. though I'll remind you again... you also have a variable in config.js near the bottom for choosing whether the default for the Forecast Summary is faded IN or OUT as the widget starts up.

Don't forget, to make widget lean as possible... the default setting for the Forecast extras (Summaries) is FALSE for WU, FIO(DarkSky) & ACCU as those switches are defaulted to OFF in WidgetWeather3 too. If Accuweather works in your area and/or, if you go ahead and get the Free API keys for WeatherUnderground or Forecast.IO (DarkSky)... you'll need to switch those extras on in config.js before you'll see them in U7.1_WW3.

That's all for now!! Help to know what I can make better.. This base is a project I enjoy. Giving you maximum options in a modder's base for U7.1.
    Link Dead!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 2017-03-06 at 08:02 PM.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2017-03-06 07:55 PM
    Link Dead!
    Sorry. Forgot to re-compress the file and upload after last tweaks last night. Link active again.
    2017-03-06 08:25 PM
    If it meets your approval... then please relink this one in the SHARE HTML thread... and other places you share...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ard_WW3_LS.zip
    Thanks for taking the time to look at it and make the changes!! I think this code will be a lot easier to mod.
    You're welcome to share this link in other threads. You can explain the changes better and work has me pretty tied up. Thanks againUniAW7
    2017-03-07 01:57 PM
    Can one of you great coders help with a simple request please? I would like to use UniAW7.1 with LockHTML but animations only, plus weather walls. Whenever I go into LHTML settings and configure, my home screen wallpaper always shows, not the weather walls. If I view the file in Filza, the weather walls are there!!

Am I missing something? I'm fairly confident in modding but can't figure this one out!?!?

Thanks all
    2017-03-07 04:22 PM
    Can one of you great coders help with a simple request please? I would like to use UniAW7.1 with LockHTML but animations only, plus weather walls. Whenever I go into LHTML settings and configure, my home screen wallpaper always shows, not the weather walls. If I view the file in Filza, the weather walls are there!!

Am I missing something? I'm fairly confident in modding but can't figure this one out!?!?

Thanks all
    Did you answer "yes" to when LHTML asks you to optimize widget? Or when it shows you a list of options - do you change them? If either.. you break the widget..

Re download U7.. get rid of the one you have now..

Then in the new copy of U7.. delete the options.plist, and all 3 widget.plists. Then in config.js set to AnimationsOnly and "weatherwalls"..

Now when you select U7 in LH4 widget choice window it will ask you if you wish to optimize the widget. Answer "no". Then the widget should do exactly what you want it to do on your lock screen. Let me know.
    2017-03-07 05:24 PM
    Hey NewD

I've always answered no to any LHTML as I know it breaks the widget. I followed your instructions but I always get the config options opening in LHTML. I never get the message about optimizing. I'm using your latest WW3 UniAW7. That is the right one?

Do i need to delete anything from the AnemoneHTML folder?

Tried and tried but again, do not get the optimise message and weather walls not showing, just my lock screen wallpaper.

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by misterjrw; 2017-03-07 at 06:24 PM.
    2017-03-07 06:01 PM
    Hey NewD

I've always answered no to any LHTML as I know it breaks the widget. I followed your instructions but I always get the config options opening in LHTML. I never get the message about optimizing. I'm using your latest WW3 UniAW7. That is the right one?

Tried and tried but again, do not get the optimise message and weather walls not showing, just my lock screen wallpaper.

Thanks for your help
    yeah.. you know, Misterjrw... I remember having this issue with the original U7.1 too.. That somehow in LH4.. it keeps seeing some group of options from some config.js.. somewhere. Let me try the new base in LH4 now.. I'll get back to you.
    2017-03-07 07:42 PM
    Hey NewD

Thanks for your help
    It's working for me - just as you want - if you get rid of Widget.html, all widget.plists, config_iWidget.js and options.plist! Then LH4 asks you to optimize or no... And you answer no.. THEN in config.js.. just turn var Animations_Only to TRUE.. Respring and done!
    2017-03-07 08:33 PM
    Still no joy I'm afraid. I'm downloading the one in your signature. I assume I copy the whole folder to LockHTML folder (minus the files you've told me to delete)?

When you say base, is there a different UniAW without all the bells and whistles?

One thing that may help work out what I'm doing/what's going wrong is that the widget only takes up 1/2 the lockscreen, as in the rain animations stop midway??!!??

Like I said, I've done enough modding of widgets to know what I'm doing, but this is having me stumped.
    2017-03-08 02:15 AM
    Thought I'd cracked it for a minute there. I also am using your base for my springboard as an iwidget. Turned off all other folder switches in LHTML settings so it only shows themes in the LHTML folder but even after doing that, and ensuring that I've deleted all files as you said, it still doesn't work. What is weird is after deleting all the files and respringing, selecting the UniAW in LHTML settings, it shows a different options page with 'double tap' as the first option?? It must be pulling it from another folder?

Continuing to try, any more help would be greatly appreciated 👍🏻
    2017-03-08 02:47 AM
    Still no joy I'm afraid. I'm downloading the one in your signature. I assume I copy the whole folder to LockHTML folder (minus the files you've told me to delete)?

When you say base, is there a different UniAW without all the bells and whistles?

One thing that may help work out what I'm doing/what's going wrong is that the widget only takes up 1/2 the lockscreen, as in the rain animations stop midway??!!??

Like I said, I've done enough modding of widgets to know what I'm doing, but this is having me stumped.
    Hmm. Strange.. Yes, I know you're a veteran Modder. The one in my signature is the newest one - that has the 'potential' for all the bells and whistles, but in Ian and Dacal's concept - it's all turned off if you don't use the bells and whistles.. meaning.. not running in the background with just a display:none. The code with the stuff you DON'T want is always OFF unless you turn it on. BUT if someone likes YOUR mod and wants to mod it again to their liking but ADD more bells - they can.. So Ian stopped letting out 'stripped down' ones a long while back.. Though I DO somewhere have a walls and animations ONLY UniAW somewhere.. back from iOS6 or so.. If I find it I can send it your way..

Animations are going the entire height of the screen here too. Half the screen seems like something's messed up with the widget.. or the widget.plist is still somewhere lurking.. Nothing in the AnemoneHTML folders needs changing. Mine is fully in tact and all is working as you describe wanting.

but the one in my signature works PERFECTLY in LockHTML4 the way you've asked for.. if you take out the files I mentiom and turn on Animations_Only in config.js.

If you're still having trouble with it after downloading the one in my sig.. then I don't know what to tell you. It's working great here in LH4. Sometimes LH4 has been known to get a corrupt prefs file.. So go into var/mobile/Library/Preferences and look for the lockhtml prefs file(s) and delete them and respring.. then start over... That could get it working for you. Good luck. Let me know.
    Last edited by NewD; 2017-03-08 at 02:52 AM.
    2017-03-08 02:50 AM
    Also, after deleting the options.plist, it magically reappears when I go back into Filza????
    2017-03-08 02:50 AM
    Thought I'd cracked it for a minute there. I also am using your base for my springboard as an iwidget. Turned off all other folder switches in LHTML settings so it only shows themes in the LHTML folder but even after doing that, and ensuring that I've deleted all files as you said, it still doesn't work. What is weird is after deleting all the files and respringing, selecting the UniAW in LHTML settings, it shows a different options page with 'double tap' as the first option?? It must be pulling it from another folder?

Continuing to try, any more help would be greatly appreciated ����
    That's at least seeing the proper set of variable from the U7 base in my signature. But LH4 shouldn't be showing you that options list at all once Options.plist is removed from the folder and deleted. As I said.. clear the LH4 preference file and see if that straightens everything out.. All I can tell is that it's working perfectly here on my 7+ on 10.1.1, 6 on 10.2 and even in LH3 on my 5S on 8.1.2. So it's definitely not something wrong with the widget's coding.
    2017-03-08 02:55 AM
    Also, after deleting the options.plist, it magically reappears when I go back into Filza????
    There's your problem.. You have something seriously whacky going on with your phone there, bro.
    2017-03-08 02:55 AM
    There's your problem.. You have something seriously whacky going on with your phone there, bro.
    You're not wrong there. So, deleted the LHTML preference file, resprung, started from scratch and.......BOOM!!!! You're the man NewD.

There was obviously something funky going on but now, thanks to you, I'm enjoying full screen weather walls with just the animations on my lock screen.

Thank you so much for your perseverance, much appreciated 👊🏻💥
    2017-03-08 03:58 AM
    Now that we've finally resolved my issue, can I ask one other question please?

As mentioned, I'm using the UniAW7.1 as an iwidget on my homescreen. Is it possible to get weatherwalls on the SB as well? Deleting same or similar files? I don't know if iwidgets 'break' the config file like LHTML does?

Thanks again

J
    2017-03-08 04:23 AM
    You're not wrong there. So, deleted the LHTML preference file, resprung, started from scratch and.......BOOM!!!! You're the man NewD.

There was obviously something funky going on but now, thanks to you, I'm enjoying full screen weather walls with just the animations on my lock screen.

Thank you so much for your perseverance, much appreciated ������
    Good. Glad you're solved, sir. Through several firmwares now, LH4, an otherwise GREAT tweak, has been prone to prefs file corruptions. Don't know if you remember in iOS9 how it would, out of the blue, just stop receiving touch commands.. Then clear prefs.. and touch was back.. So..... well... glad you're good!
    2017-03-08 04:26 AM
    Now that we've finally resolved my issue, can I ask one other question please?

As mentioned, I'm using the UniAW7.1 as an iwidget on my homescreen. Is it possible to get weatherwalls on the SB as well? Deleting same or similar files? I don't know if iwidgets 'break' the config file like LHTML does?

Thanks again

J
    Well - you CAN get weather walls on your HomeScreen in an iWidget.. the problem is that iWidgets run ABOVE the icons layer of your Springboard(HomeScreen)- so they'd cover up your icons so you couldn't see them.. That's why Ian hard-coded them OFF when in iWidget mode. BUT if you choose to have NO ICONS on your Springboard, except for in your Dock, which I know a few folks who do that - then you can turn the walls back on in the Config_iWidget.js file. You'll see an entry for it there.. Just change:
    var Wallpaper_options = "none"; // DON'T TOUCH!
    --to--
    var Wallpaper_options = "weatherwalls"; // DON'T TOUCH!

AND - in main.js - change this:
    Code:
    // iWIDGET OR LOCKSCREEN
    if ((location.pathname.indexOf("Widget") != -1) && (iOS == true)) {
    	Wallpaper_options = "none";
    	document.body.style.position = "absolute";
    }
    ..to this:
    Code:
    // iWIDGET OR LOCKSCREEN
    if ((location.pathname.indexOf("Widget") != -1) && (iOS == true)) {
    	//Wallpaper_options = "none";
    	document.body.style.position = "absolute";
    }
    That should allow the walls to show in iWidget mode..

and don't delete ANY files.. So redownload a fresh copy from my sig link and place in var/mobile/Library/iWidgets

You should be good to go.
    2017-03-08 04:35 AM
    If you want the walls and animations-only on your Springboard WITH Icons (behind the icons), and you're on iOS9 or 10.. you're better off purchasing Matchstic's new product called XenHTML.

Add the repo:
    repo.incendo.ws
    And install BetaVendor.
    Purchase XenHTML

Then add repo:
    xenpublic.incendo.ws
    And install XenHTML..

Go into settings.. It's pretty easy to learn to use.. Kind of like SBHTML and GroovyBoard+ used to be. Superb tweak!
    2017-03-08 04:40 AM
    I forgot to ask that exact question about XenHTML!!!!

Yep, gonna purchase that as I've been following the thread for a while now. Would that replace LHTML4 or not?

Cheers again 👍🏻
    Last edited by misterjrw; 2017-03-08 at 04:54 AM.
    2017-03-08 04:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD