User Tag List

Convergence working flawlessly with 8.1.1??
    LoL. Sorry my mistake. It's flawless on 8.1 not sure why I did that. But yea can we please have the iOS 8 version oF UNIAW7..?
    2014-11-21 03:07 AM
    LoL. Sorry my mistake. It's flawless on 8.1 not sure why I did that. But yea can we please have the iOS 8 version oF UNIAW7..?
    If you have iph4 or 5 then use the version in post 1.
    We are waiting for WidgetWeather2.0 because at this time I think UniAW7 needs some modifications to work with it, to be honest I'm not sure whats going on with WW2.0 and am seriously thinking about removing it from UniAW and going back to gps or WOEID only.

hey ian... not sure if you saw or read my post..

im not on ios8
    I have 3 ios phones
    one is 7.0
    2 are 7.1

and random resprings.
    V, if your are not using passcode on LS, I have no idea why you get issues with IOS7.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-21 at 04:02 AM.
    2014-11-21 04:00 AM
    Ian that's the version I am running

And I do use passcode on ls. But again I run the tweak as iwidget. On 3 phones

Crash files say springboard out of memory
    2014-11-21 04:03 AM
    Ian that's the version I am running
    And I do use passcode on ls. But again I run the tweak as iwidget. On 3 phones
    Crash files say springboard out of memory
    As far as I have gathered, if you use LS passcode in IOS 7 you will have issues, I never use it. But it's got to be worth a try to just disable it for a day or two no?
    + maybe one of you installed tweaks has memory leak? (guessing, no clue really)
    UniAW6.4 & 7 (from post 1) are for sure stable in IOS 7.x
    Really no idea why yours is acting up V.
    2014-11-21 04:37 AM
    Hey just wanted to ask...
    Since Convergence got updated to iOS 8 and it's working flawlessly, At least on my I6 with 8.1.1, can we please have the iOS 8 version of UNIAW7..?!
    8.1.1 can b JB. I thought it was patched.
    2014-11-21 05:25 AM
    Ihatesnow has demoed a JB of 8.1.1 on a 30 pin device, an earlier iPad I believe, it's not available for newer devices nor is it likely to be released anytime soon
    2014-11-21 05:29 AM
    [QUOTE=Ian Nicoll;7173284]If you have iph4 or 5 then use the version in post 1.
    We are waiting for WidgetWeather2.0 because at this time I think UniAW7 needs some modifications to work with it, to be honest I'm not sure whats going on with WW2.0 and am seriously thinking about removing it from UniAW and going back to gps or WOEID only.

V, if your are not using passcode on LS, I have no idea why you get issues with IOS7.
    Yea. I think that would be the best course of action. Personally I never liked that tweak. And never used it. Anyway you can always add the widget weather functionality later if need be. Right..?
    I've never had problems running UNIAW with WOEID or GPS...
    Last edited by intramorph; 2014-11-21 at 06:41 AM.
    2014-11-21 06:34 AM
    [QUOTE=intramorph;7173323]

Yea. I think that would be the best course of action. Personally I never liked that tweak. And never used it. Anyway you can always add the widget weather functionality later if need be. Right..?
    I've never had problems running UNIAW with WOEID or GPS...
    Is it possible now to get it to run with my location just by changing to GPS setting again?
    2014-11-21 09:47 AM
    [QUOTE=paulcompton;7173351]

Is it possible now to get it to run with my location just by changing to GPS setting again?
    Yes, but I don't think the "MyLocation" app is updating automatically in IOS 8, I'm on IOS 7 so I'm not very sure!
    2014-11-21 05:01 PM
    My location is working fine on ios 8.1 for me
    2014-11-21 05:05 PM
    My location is working fine on ios 8.1 for me
    How can I get the MyLocation app?
    2014-11-21 05:12 PM
    I heard there was a release candidate for iOS 8. would it not work with WOEID or GPS in its present state..? Will it work with myLocation in it's present state?
    2014-11-21 05:14 PM
    First to @ll, sorry to not be often on the thread and on MMI.... Very busy and all my free time is on.... WW 2.0.

So Ian, please, don't do that ).

Things go very fast now, we have an awesome working version and the dev (SD) is present with us on the GroovyCarrot board and he takes in count all our requests. The next step is to bring backward compatibility if possible. But, really, the release is close...

So Ian, don't remove this option from UniAW... ;o).

Dacal

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.
    2014-11-21 05:46 PM
    I heard there was a release candidate for iOS 8. would it not work with WOEID or GPS in its present state..? Will it work with myLocation in it's present state?
    There is an RC version floating about somewhere, but I was talking about iph4S & iph5 using the version in post 1.

I actually made a "Location" app (not Cydia) but I'm just learning atm, currently the app when opened, you press a "Get My Location" button, this then displays your coordinates on screen AND also writes them to a file called "location.txt" in var/mobile/Documents, so it's a kinda "on demand" location app, but this way it doesn't use any battery. When you close the app the widget will update at it's next update interval (20 seconds).

At present it displays the coordinates in the text file like this:
    So tomorrow I will get it formatted correctly, same like the "MyLocation" app does.
    I quite like the idea of "on demand gps" and it's compatible with IOS7.0 through 8.1.1

The other thing is it's extremely sensitive, move your phone 3ft and you will get new coordinates

But like I say, I'm a very big noob at this but who knows what can happen in 6 - 9 months.

EDIT:

Hi David, thanks for the info pal, actually I did it already but if course still have version in post 1, I'm just a little fed up & looking for something to do.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-21 at 06:01 PM.
    2014-11-21 05:51 PM
    I'm not teasing, but here the base widget for ww 2.0. So complete... I'm waiting a little but soon in UniAW...

Dacal

2014-11-21 05:59 PM
    I'm not teasing, but here the base widget for ww 2.0. So complete... I'm waiting a little but soon in UniAW...

Dacal
    Thats a lot of info pal, I think too much to fit in UniAW! I think to keep UniAW the same, no need to have two widgets with all that, would like to just get it working, does the code need changing again? Or are they still working on that part? (I mean is it still .xml file?)
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-21 at 06:10 PM.
    2014-11-21 06:07 PM
    Thats a lot of info pal, I think too much to fit in UniAW! I think to keep UniAW the same, just get it working, does the code need changing again? Or are they still working on that part?
    If things goes well, no change on the code pal . And i agree too much info, we can't put them all in uniaw.

Dacal

2014-11-21 06:10 PM
    If things goes well, no change on the code pal . And i agree too much info, we can't put them all in uniaw.
    Dacal
    Oh thats good news, ok bud, got to say G'night M8.
    2014-11-21 06:12 PM
    Oh thats good news, ok bud, got to say G'night M8.
    GN Ian !

Dacal

2014-11-21 06:45 PM
    How can I get the MyLocation app?
    You can get it from either downloading GPS Weather Lockscreen from Cydia or you could get it from King O' Hill's repo, its on his signature. Has anyone gotten weather animation widgets working on iOS8? I've tried a couple and i cant get it to work.
    2014-11-21 10:19 PM
12,554 ... 1353616263646573113163563 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD