I got it bud, but it's not very good, not like "PreferenceTag", you can't physically move things with this and the "Tweaks" folder is way to the bottom.
    Hopefully PreferenceTag will get an update.
    Tough man to make happy. Maybe King can help, he has lots of experience at making men happy.
    2014-11-25 06:20 PM
    Sus MJ, my eyes are hurting now, ever heard of "Paragraphs" LOL (joking).. (well not really)

I got it bud, but it's not very good, not like "PreferenceTag", you can't physically move things with this and the "Tweaks" folder is way to the bottom.
    Hopefully PreferenceTag will get an update.
    Sorry. Siri took that down while I was driving. She doesn't understand <BR>. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014-11-25 06:31 PM
    Sorry. Siri took that down while I was driving. She doesn't understand <BR>. Lol

Siri took all of that down that error free! That has potential to be the most impressive thing I will come across today!
    2014-11-25 06:49 PM
    Siri took all of that down that error free! That has potential to be the most impressive thing I will come across today!
    LOL. Not entirely. She doesn't understand "cydget" or "cycript" but she understands "Saurik" and even capitalizes it

2014-11-25 06:51 PM
    @MJ - You are showing your age talking about html in winterboard:P I wondered why he didn't implement html back into winterboard. Only thing I can come up with is the same thing he keeps saying. Winterboard is meant to do this and this. Which I can kinda understand, he doesn't want to add more to the thing he already can't keep up to date.

As far as coding, I started the same way. First paying people to write my lockscreens, then me manipulating their files, to me studying and understanding code. It didn't happen overnight, actually there were many times I said i'll never understand this. One day it just clicked, I can't explain it. Maybe I hit that 10,000 hr mark.

At the point I "understood" (still learning every day) code, I realized that the people I paid, and most everyone else had no idea what they were doing. I was surprised, but this further pushed me to learn more, and more. Coding is now my #1 game, tv show, hobby, entertainment, challenge, etc. It's unlike anything else. You can spend hours, days on one issue then bam, you get it and feel like you conquered the world. Good stuff, but there was a limit for me. A point where everything seemed like it hit its max. I could do all these crazy things with code, but it was very limited.

Take for example websites. You can create the most amazing website, but if you don't have another language like php or APIs. You will just create a static boring page, imagine the web without these. The same goes for these widgets/lockscreens. This is the reason I fell in love with cydgets. It gave me an opportunity to do more when I felt like coding lockscreens was at it's max. It was some of the first times I wanted to do something and couldn't google how to do it.

It isn't for everyone, but it's there for those who have hit their limits, or want to do more. Anyway to wrap this up, my whole point was to explain why I migrated to Cydgets/Cycript, and why I can't turn back I hate it, but I love it. Wish more devs would implement cycript to these LS tools so we can get away from cydget itself. I think I may have to take Ian's route and just code one myself.

@Ian - I think I know why you cannot save the file, but I am confused on how you could before. It may be a sandbox issue. Meaning the folder may have permissions (for the system to write to it), but your app doesn't have the permission to save to that file. I am not sure, but it makes since that Apple wouldn't let you create an app that writes files to the system. Have you tried saving it to your own apps documents folder?

@Thread Sorry for this book, filled with i'm sure tons of errors. At least I used paragraphs
    2014-11-25 06:54 PM
    @june: firstly, nice use of paragraphs!! Yeah. I get the reason for its use... I just think that he could have left the option and then he gets pissed off at coolstar for this ThemeLib Thing... Saying (essentially) that winterboard will only theme what HE deems it should theme... Which is his prerogative, but most people want more. And he's becoming more and more a dictator every day.

Just irks me.

HTML in WB was just easy. It just worked... And if he didn't intend to update that, he never should have added it, in my opinion. It's one thing to tell people "no" it's another thing to give it to them for years and then just take it away...

2014-11-25 07:01 PM
    crashreporter just got updated
    2014-11-25 07:05 PM
    I wish Cydgets would implement a few more design choices personally. Though I don't understand it, I can respect what its capable of. I wish more people just worked together as opposed to working against one another. Some of the coolest things that I use have come from connecting people and not putting them at odds.

June, no offense intended.
    2014-11-25 07:07 PM
    @june: firstly, nice use of paragraphs!! Yeah. I get the reason for its use... I just think that he could have left the option and then he gets pissed off at coolstar for this ThemeLib Thing... Saying (essentially) that winterboard will only theme what HE deems it should theme... Which is his prerogative, but most people want more. And he's becoming more and more a dictator every day.

Just irks me.

HTML in WB was just easy. It just worked... And if he didn't intend to update that, he never should have added it, in my opinion. It's one thing to tell people "no" it's another thing to give it to them for years and then just take it away...
    Couldn't agree more with you MJ. Jailbreaking for all of us 'non pirates' is all about removing the restrictions on the device so we can make them our own, not just moving to a different restricted world.
    2014-11-25 07:12 PM

Just irks me.

It's becoming routine to not hear anything from him, until someone else steps up and does what everyone is expecting him to do. I'm not in his shoes so really don't know. I am glad Coolstar did what he did.
    2014-11-25 07:15 PM
    What Coolstar did was very similar to what Matt already did. From what I understand, Matt gave Coolstar his code to communicate it to Saurik. Happy something got released.

I could care less who has the better way of doing it, just as long as something is being done to give us theming again. It seems like with the past few firmwares, less and less is themable. I don't understand why Saurik gets so upset over these things.

No offense June.
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-11-25 at 07:55 PM.
    2014-11-25 07:29 PM
    Man I'm glad the topic got moved off resprings dam we all know it resprings on 6+ let it go lol.. It's not going to stop
    2014-11-25 07:40 PM
    [B]

@Ian - I think I know why you cannot save the file, but I am confused on how you could before. It may be a sandbox issue. Meaning the folder may have permissions (for the system to write to it), but your app doesn't have the permission to save to that file. I am not sure, but it makes since that Apple wouldn't let you create an app that writes files to the system. Have you tried saving it to your own apps documents folder?
    It was only on IOS7.1.2 for me, it saved ok on my i5 running 7.0.6 and now I have upgraded both phones to IOS8 it no longer saves to any of them.
    I really don't understand the "SandBox" thing yet, though I have heard many talk about it, I will try saving it to the apps documents folder, from what I have learned this should work ok as it's the "correct" way to do it, that said I have received a PM from "Platini2000" saying it's working for him on 6+ IOS8?

BUT... it works fine saving the file to "var/Coordinates" (I have to first create the "Coordinates" folder), it just won't let me into the "mobile" folder?

I'm not going to give up though, today I was playing with NSTimer to make it update every 20 seconds as it's what Plantini wanted to test but not figured it out yet.

I'm hoping KOH can get some info from SD about saving it to var/mobile/Documents like WW does but I have a feeling the method he uses won't apply to an actual app. Anyway, it's a good learning project.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-25 at 07:45 PM.
    2014-11-25 07:42 PM
    It was only on IOS7.1.2 for me, it saved ok on my i5 running 7.0.6 and now I have upgraded both phones to IOS8 it no longer saves to any of them.
    I really don't understand the "SandBox" thing yet, though I have heard many talk about it, I will try saving it to the apps documents folder, from what I have learned this should work ok as it's the "correct" way to do it, that said I have received a PM from "Platini2000" saying it's working for him on 6+ IOS8?

BUT... it works fine saving the file to "var/Coordinates" (I have to first create the "Coordinates" folder), it just won't let me into the "mobile" folder?

I'm not going to give up though, today I was playing with NSTimer to make it update every 20 seconds as it's what Plantini wanted to test but not figured it out yet.

I'm hoping KOH can get some info from SD about saving it to var/mobile/Documents like WW does but I have a feeling the method he uses won't apply to an actual app. Anyway, it's a good learning project.
    I think of sandbox like your mom/dad put you in a sandbox. You can play inside your sandbox, but can never go out. For apps your sandbox is within your app and some local directories, but nothing outside of it. A few jailbreaks were achieved by breaking out of the app sandbox. Example Jailbreak me escaped outside safari's sandbox via a text rendering flaw. WW runs as a dylib so is not under this restriction as it's running as root. The whole device is its sandbox. Strange that you can save to var/Coordinates, but I am not up to date with the app restrictions tbh. I play were there are no restrictions, only permissions of folders.

The Application Documents Directory

An iPhone or iPad user can install multiple applications on a single device. The iOS platform is responsible for ensuring that these applications cannot interfere with each other, both in terms of memory usage and data storage. As such, each application is restricted in terms of where it can store data on the file system of the device. iOS achieves this by allowing applications to read and write only to their own Documents and tmp directories. Within these two directories the corresponding application can create files and also sub-directories to any required level of depth. This area constitutes the application’s sandbox and the application cannot create or modify files or directories outside of these directories.

You are jailbroke so you can make your app run as root. (if you wanted)
    Exile.90's Software: iOS - Run application with root privileges
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-11-25 at 08:21 PM.
    2014-11-25 08:00 PM
    Thanks June, very interesting & helpful.

Yes I want to run it as root, perfect, it's like I can make JB apps on Xcode (which I think many people do, especially the bigger apps).

Many many thanks again for that link, my head is filling with idea's now.

And I just found what I have been looking for for weeks, looking through my header files: "PrivateFrameworks/Weather.framework/City.h" header file, now I know where WW2.0 get's all the info from.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-25 at 08:54 PM.
    2014-11-25 08:27 PM

Yes I want to run it as root, perfect, it's like I can make JB apps on Xcode (which I think many people do, especially the bigger apps).

And I just found what I have been looking for for weeks, looking through my header files: "PrivateFrameworks/Weather.framework/City.h" header file, now I know where WW2.0 get's all the info from.
    Shhh!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2014-11-25 09:58 PM
    I don't have that file at: PrivateFrameworks/Weather.framework/
    2014-11-25 11:23 PM
    On another topic, I go back-and-forth on cydget. Yes, it was created by Saurik himself, yes, it also has a lot of issues that make it seem "buggy" to the end-user. While Saurik has said that these are not "bugs" the end result as far as the end-user is concerned, is really what's most important. It does have a very very powerful code insertion platform that can do so much that other tweaks cannot do. However, it is this code insertion platform that makes it harder to use for most of the General jailbreak population. Most of the general jailbreak population are just looking for a simple lock screen player. yes, it does have abilities that are leaps and bounds above what winter board could ever do in the past, but for most, Winterboard was all we ever really needed. And Saurik's decision to take HTML out of winter board to encourage users to cydget instead, really kind of backfired. Now we have all of these different lock screen players that do all of these different things, when winter board was working fine as it was. People like June have migrated to cydget, because they are able to fully comprehend all of the things that cycript will let us do, but most people aren't like June, or Rasputin, or bombmom, or Dacal, or Ian. Most of us simply started by Modding other peoples widgets to make them into our own. Most of us started by slowly gaining a comprehension of the most basic of HTML code in order to make these widgets. Most of us can't just sit down and write code off the top of our heads. And I think that "most of us" are the ones that were most affected by Saurik's decision to take HTML out of winter board. There's really three versions here. 1) You have the users that simply download a widget, don't change anything, use it as is, and really don't give two shits about what lock screen player they must use. 2) you have the people like me, but start with these code from one of those grades, give our appropriate credits, change it completely make it totally our own, where it's really almost non-recognizable from the original widgets and have a basic understanding of the code of which we are modifying. That group of people have NO use for the "additional features" of cydget 3) then there's people like June, Ian, dacal, etc that can just sit down and write code right from the top of their head from scratch. Those are the people that will understand and be able to appreciate the value of cydget... But that group of people is the minority. Without them, our phones would not look like they do. Without them would there really be any weather widget in the first place? No. But most of those people in group 3, make widgets for the people in group one, which means they still have no use for the "additional services" in cydget

Long rant, but I just wish that we could have our HTML back in winterboard as an option for those of us who have no need for cydget... I wish that Saurik would continue to give us that choice.... But instead, he's become much like apple... Dictation of what HE deems we should be using on our phones. Kinda ironic.

...nice kind of words,
    let us hope Saurik will read that, and gave his heart a kick and intergrate HTML back into WinterBoard

Hi Ian,

cant find that city.h file, only here I can find it:
    iPhone 8.0 Headers
    Last edited by TiLT1oNE; 2014-11-26 at 12:03 AM.
    2014-11-25 11:52 PM
    Following this thread since the start. Loved my uniaw on my 4s but as others before me get resprung on my new 6+ 128. Agree with the ram issue and the leak which was plugged in 8.1.1 so I'm not running uniaw right now, however I come here for the banter and to learn a bunch of random things. I like the helpful community spirit on this thread and the old one.

Also to comment on some misconception I have read. The issue with the poor chips and the rumour of recalls - this issue relates to nand flash. To get 128gb on the iPhone apple use triple layer nand flash and not multilayer (double layer). This allows for more space but has the drawback that it takes longer to access ( hence the longer boot time for 128 6+) and also is seemingly having the effect that when the phone is almost full there are random reboots. Unsure if the flash memory and the 1gb ram are on a combined chip (thoughts on this anyone?)

For Apple to repair this fault they would have to pull the nand chip from the main board, this will be expensive and time consuming so I don't see them doing this as a repair or a REP program. More likely they would recode how ios handles the timeout or the nand seek functions. Hopefully this is what allegedly resolves some issues on 8.1.1

Waiting patiently for jb update or next ios release.

Also for those still not convinced that this isn't a uniaw issue, I have tried other animated ls with similar effects. I am heavily tweaked on my device running stable until I add ls animations.

I would be interested to see if ios opens up more ram when unlocked and limits ram somehow when locked?

On a different note, found this image. It's beautiful and definitely needs to be a winter wallpaper!

UniAW7-imageuploadedbymodmyi1416956819.705305.jpg
    http://modmyi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3585142&dateline=1347  707776
    2014-11-26 12:26 AM
    Hey Ian, Is there any plans/way to have the fullscreen weatherwalls in the iwidget? I know you can have in the SMHTML, but there is no touch forecast in that.

TIA
    2014-11-26 12:50 AM
12,292 ... 2161697071727381121171571 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD