I have some custom icons for a theme I'm working on. They're 120 pixels high, but the width needs to be wider (360 px). Unfortunately, iOS cuts off half the icon, forcing it into 120 px width. There HAS to be a way to disable this I just can't figure it out. I would REALLY appreciate the help.
    2014-11-29 07:41 AM
    Change the canvas size to 360x360 in photoshop.
    2014-11-29 09:59 AM
    I think you misunderstood. The icon is already 360x360, the iPhone is simply cutting off part of the icon. Here's an album that might illuminate what I mean. The first picture is what is happening, the second is the source image for the icon. Icons - Imgur

P.S.-Again, if anyone has ANY insight, please reply. I've been working on this for some quite some time.

I think you may have misunderstood what I meant. The icon is already sized properly. The iPhone insists on cutting off part of the icon. These images might illuminate what I mean a bit more.

P.S.- If anyone knows what's going on, some help would be MUCH appreciated. I've been working on this for quite some time.
    Last edited by sethanthony; 2014-11-29 at 04:46 PM.
    2014-11-29 04:34 PM
    I think you may have misunderstood what I meant. The icon is already sized properly. The iPhone insists on cutting off part of the icon. These images might illuminate what I mean a bit more.

P.S.- If anyone knows what's going on, some help would be MUCH appreciated. I've been working on this for quite some time.

EDIT: Sorry about the double post, I'm new to the forum.
    Last edited by sethanthony; 2014-11-29 at 04:56 PM.
    2014-11-29 04:47 PM
    Bump for ANY possible solutions. I'm about to pull my hair out. Please guys.
    2014-11-29 09:26 PM
    It looks like what you're trying to achieve, isn't a job for winterboard. You'll need to explore other avenues. Almost exactly what you want has been posted on the ZooBhoy thread. They used a combination of Winterboard (for the icons), and SBHTML for the descriptions beside each icon. Cheers.
    2014-11-30 08:00 AM
    So there's no way to do what I want to do, just in resizing the space for the icons? I'm not just using winterboard. I've been theming for a while and I'm manipulating many of the source files themselves. I resized [email protected]~iphone in MobileIcons.framework to the size I need and it didn't work. I will explore other avenues once I'm positive that there's no way to do just this aspect of what I'm doing. That being simply resizing the space alotted for icons.

Which thread is this you're talking about.
    2014-11-30 08:59 PM
    It's the ZooBhoy thread in the "iPhone5 New Skins/Themes and Launchers" section. I only mention it because I see what you're trying to make, and it was done in the ZB thread. It's originally a concept from another site, but Schnedi (I think) ported it to iPhone.
    2014-12-01 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD