I know I'm in iOS7...but still...I'll always support research and innovation....and I'll upgrade one of these days anyway...

Confirmation number: 7SP380744A6172450
    That is very generous of you to donate and not use it. I will look into the code and see if I can make this work on iOS7 at all. Thank you.
    2015-01-04 05:54 PM
    That is very generous of you to donate and not use it. I will look into the code and see if I can make this work on iOS7 at all. Thank you.
    In response...that is very nice of you ...but don't lose any sleep over it...although I got the feeling you could make anything work ...
    2015-01-04 06:14 PM
    LOL
    After a quick look at the code, I got a 5 minute laughing attack.
    Smart innovative thinking, brilliant executed.
    That was definitely worth the money!
    The laughing attack was triggered by thinking that your code would make one thread here at MMi totally obsolete!
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!
    2015-01-04 07:31 PM

Confirmation number:6PN731990U9570544
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity
    2015-01-04 07:36 PM
    One small question though, is more cydget in general related.
    Do you or Saurik are thinking about a "fix" for the right-shift of the foreground.html every time you touch the cydget?
    2015-01-04 07:47 PM
    LOL
    After a quick look at the code, I got a 5 minute laughing attack.
    Smart innovative thinking, brilliant executed.
    That was definitely worth the money!
    The laughing attack was triggered by thinking that your code would make one thread here at MMi totally obsolete!
    Yes it could I guess. That other thread still uses 2 tweaks as does this one and then there's the little issue that you are stuck using Cydgets.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2015-01-04 07:48 PM
    One small question though, is more cydget in general related.
    Do you or Saurik are thinking about a "fix" for the right-shift of the foreground.html every time you touch the cydget?
    I did talk to him about this. I don't think he felt there was a need to fix. I disagree, just because when you use a scrolling widget it obviously bounces when scrolled. I haven't found a way to disable the bounce via Cydget (it is possible), but if you install noLockBounce it removes it.

There is also the issue of setting a white wallpaper to the lockscreen. If you do it will blur the background Cydget wall. I reported it, but haven't heard anything yet. I feel that a bunch of users don't use Cydget so if there is an issue it isn't a "priority" to fix.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-01-04 at 08:00 PM.
    2015-01-04 07:52 PM
    Yes it could I guess. That other thread still uses 2 tweaks as does this one and then there's the little issue that you are stuck using Cydgets.
    Not really stuck with Cydget. You are stuck with something that runs Cycript code. Which at one time GL did just fine.

Take example GL+ using all these work arounds to fix javascript. If it could run Cycript, javascript is no longer an issue as you can just use Obj-c. Sadly I am pretty sure GC thinks Cycript is over complicated for javascript coders (he mentioned it as one of the reasons he created GroovyAPI).
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-01-04 at 07:58 PM.
    2015-01-04 07:53 PM
    Donation sent for your cup of coffee!Transaction ID:
    79E74417S96412316
    2015-01-04 07:55 PM
    That's the deal killer for me too. Cydgets is as clunky today as it was when Saurik released it. Cycript, though, is awesome.. It's a shame the player itself doesn't touch the fluidity of the other LS players out there. Then there's the issue of UIWebKit being left behind by Apple in favor of the more hearty WKWebView. Any healthy level of animation will still respring Cydgets on a 6/6+ since its based on UIWebView still.

If you like simpler non animated LS widgets this a great fit - no doubt. For those who like their animation, until Saurik updates Cydgets for WKWebView, Cydgets, itself won't be a adequate stable choice.

Still - can't take away anything from June's accomplishment. Though the "other competing product" accomplished this hook over 18 months ago.. .. And "Cycript" is also a tweak. So to say "with no extra tweaks" isn't quite accurate. Cydget + Cycript = Convergence + WW. No difference in tweak count. Jes' sayin'.. 😉
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-04 at 08:05 PM.
    2015-01-04 08:02 PM
    I am pretty sure GC thinks Cycript is over complicated for javascript coders (he mentioned it as one of the reasons he created GroovyAPI).
    Exactly, June - It is. The intermediate modders and coders don't want to learn ObjC and understandably so.
    2015-01-04 08:05 PM
    Exactly, June - It is. The intermediate modders and coders don't want to learn ObjC and understandably so.
    Doesn't make since. You learn the new GroovyAPI functions but don't want to learn a few obj-c commands? You don't want to take the time to learn something that makes something better? Just sounds lazy to me.

If you look at my code. You will see the minimal amount of Obj-c used. It's actually not full blown Obj-c either. Just sending messages to certain frameworks. I also provided this a way you could download and look at (not obfuscated) so for modders/coders they don't have to learn anything. I have already learned it and put it into a working concept. Just like a majority of people say they know Javascript, but they just copy and paste. Same deal. This is a community of people creating these things. It doesn't sound right to not include something because "some people" don't want to learn something.

No other tweak means no other tweak to get GPS. No Lat&Long or WW is needed. This is not a competing product. It is not a tweak, it's a few lines of code in a working lock screen Cydget. I see no need to compete with either, as I see it as a tweak that I don't need to make full GPS lock screen. I just update the same file they do for on demand/easier updates for all widgets.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-01-04 at 08:18 PM.
    2015-01-04 08:10 PM
    Congratz June.
    I certainly would be more interested in how it works and if there is a possibility to hook into a different weather app then the stock one (is possible, just have to figure that one out). Don't like weather.com, is crap here in the UK. But like Living Earth App very much and would like to use that instead, uses WeatherUnderground which is so far the best weather service for me.
    You could do this for sure, but would be much more difficult. You would have to dump the headers for that app, figure out how it works then use its methods. It may even have to be loaded in the background. I say it's more difficult as Weather.framework headers are already available and always loaded, I just had to figure out exactly how it worked.
    2015-01-04 08:25 PM
    Would definitely be more appealing with some weather background wallpapers.
    Also one other minor but important thing needed is the date. You should make it to show the date as well.
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!
    2015-01-04 08:39 PM
    Also one other minor but important thing needed is the date. You should make it to show the date as well.
    I will most likely add weather walls. Only thing holding me back is finding the time to scour the internet for nice wallpapers. Where would you suggest putting the date? It already has the updated section which will always show the current date.
    2015-01-04 08:45 PM
    Have a look at background.html. There is plenty of space for you to add whatever you want!

Living Earth has a option to run in the background for gps and weather. Always can see the correct temperature badge whenever I open the home screen.
    Have to use this method, iOS Application Security Part 4 ? Runtime Analysis Using Cycript (Yahoo Weather App) - InfoSec Institute, to do the same with Living Earth unless I can find a file with the info which I can use.
    Just need the time to look into it.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-01-04 at 08:55 PM.
    2015-01-04 08:50 PM
    I will most likely add weather walls. Only thing holding me back is finding the time to scour the internet for nice wallpapers. Where would you suggest putting the date? It already has the updated section which will always show the current date.
    Maybe Just make that the date placement instead of last updated. But make the date text a bit bigger and remove the last updated portion along with the time that's next to it. We don't really need to know the last time it was updated, in my opinion anyway.
    2015-01-04 08:51 PM
    Maybe Just make that the date placement instead of last updated. But make the date text a bit bigger and remove the last updated portion along with the time that's next to it. We don't really need to know the last time it was updated, in my opinion anyway.
    I can add another switch which would disable the last updated and replace it with just the date. That way everyone is happy.
    2015-01-04 09:01 PM
    I can add another switch which would disable the last updated and replace it with just the date. That way everyone is happy.
    Or just a date somewhere. Maybe even underneath the time. I think everyone would concur that the date is a pretty essential thing for the lockscreen to display that's easily visible.
    2015-01-04 09:10 PM
    Have a look at background.html. There is plenty of space for you to add whatever you want!

Living Earth has a option to run in the background for gps and weather. Always can see the correct temperature badge whenever I open the home screen.
    Have to use this method, iOS Application Security Part 4 ? Runtime Analysis Using Cycript (Yahoo Weather App) - InfoSec Institute, to do the same with Living Earth unless I can find a file with the info which I can use.
    Just need the time to look into it.
    Probably uses the same concept as this cydget does to update the weather. If I where to do it I would just run class dump on that app then view the headers. May be easier to see all methods in one file. Something like is done here. IOS Application security Part 2 - Getting class information of IOS apps - InfoSec Institute
    2015-01-04 09:10 PM
190 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD