Or just a date somewhere. Maybe even underneath the time. I think everyone would concur that the date is a pretty essential thing for the lockscreen to display that's easily visible.
    The date is there and is easily visible though.
    2015-01-04 10:11 PM
    The date is there and is easily visible though.
    Yea its there....but i need to get out my magnifying glass to see it.
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!
    2015-01-04 10:32 PM
    I don't have a LockCydgets folder. Can I just add it or do I need to install something something first?

Roc
    2015-01-04 11:24 PM
    I don't have a LockCydgets folder. Can I just add it or do I need to install something something first?

Roc
    Cydget needs to be installed from cydia.
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!
    2015-01-04 11:35 PM
    It wouldn't matter if cydgets was updated better no one would still use it...
    2015-01-04 11:39 PM
    It wouldn't matter if cydgets was updated better no one would still use it...
    Apart from June and myself. LOL
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!
    2015-01-04 11:52 PM
    I think people forget MMI isn't the be all and end all of iOS modding.

Trust me I've seen LBEvo's (cydget) sales and you are completely incorrect in thinking nobody uses it.

Come out of the cave every now again and you'll find new exciting things in the world that'll help you be just that little bit more intelligent with your ramblings.
    Last edited by GUNNY29; 2015-01-05 at 12:20 AM.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods
    2015-01-05 12:11 AM
    I think people forget MMI isn't the be all and end all of iOS modding.

Trust me I've seen LBEvo's (cydget) sales and you are completely incorrect in thinking nobody uses it.

Come out of the cave every now again and you'll find new exciting things in the world that'll help you be just that little bit more intelligent with your ramblings.
    Only those people fooled by the nonsense spewed by June and his lackeys.
    2015-01-05 12:24 AM
    Only those people fooled by the nonsense spewed by June and his lackeys.
    That's exactly what you're doing right now. You are giving those you have recently affiliated yourself with a bad name.

They have come here and have been respectful and said well done. Will they use it imo I doubt it because they have their own way but they still were mature enough to recognise what June had accomplished.

The very simple FACT that you have offered essentially nothing not only to this thread but this community as a whole but then feel the need to come at those who are constantly pushing boundaries and attempting to further this community shows exactly the type of person you are.

That is one who for a couple of years now has slowly and painfully turned this place into a shadow of its former self.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods
    2015-01-05 12:34 AM
    Removed as the quoted post was removed.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-01-05 at 01:06 AM.
    2015-01-05 12:42 AM
    Apart from June and myself. LOL
    Actually if you go to reddit you will see the opposite of what you see here at MMI. A lot more people use cydgets, and you hardly see anyone post they dislike Cydget. Mainly the posts I see are people wishing more people used Cydget.
    2015-01-05 12:44 AM
    Yea its there....but i need to get out my magnifying glass to see it.
    Understandable. You can could go into the css and adjust the font. It is center aligned so adjusting the font wouldn't change the alignment. The name in css would be #update. Just change the font-size: value.
    2015-01-05 12:48 AM
    Awesome work as always man. Would love to see a Destini Cydget IOS8 using this new framework one day.
    2015-01-05 12:55 AM
    Awesome work as always man. Would love to see a Destini Cydget IOS8 using this new framework one day.
    All my future updates and new Cydgets will use this method including Destini Cydget
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-01-05 at 01:09 AM.
    2015-01-05 01:01 AM
    Actually if you go to reddit you will see the opposite of what you see here at MMI. A lot more people use cydgets, and you hardly see anyone post they dislike Cydget. Mainly the posts I see are people wishing more people used Cydget.
    You definitely have a niche, June.. and I don't doubt there's a following at Reddit because that's the only place Saurik wishes to post... other than the antiquated technology ICQ chat.. (Oy... what's that 1980's technology?! . )

Your design ideas have always been great, June, your coding is a combo of things you learned on your own and some thing you borrowed.. (that we all do)... And to have found the hooks into Weather.app I'm sure was quite a lot of work. I will always applaud a hard working man who accomplished things! So 👍👏

My only issue with you has ever been the way you treat your clients - "sometimes".. You can be dismissive and condescending.. and always blame the user.. and then claim, just because it doesn't happen on your phone it must be a tweak conflict. Newer devs like you need to make their tweaks play nicely with other tweaks. Not require it of "the other guy".. It's clear you've been mentored by Saurik - as that's his attitude to others.. His comments about WKWebView were so self serving.. but let me not get started.

Make a solid product, treat people well, sir... And you won't have these 'perceptions of you' - and you know that "I" know what I'm talking about on that front.

Good luck with Epic Cydget. Really, sir. Cydgets is an inferior LS player to me - so it won't satisfy me. And Saurik won't take input.. But that's just me.

Peace..,
    2015-01-05 01:10 AM
    You definitely have a niche, June.. and I don't doubt there's a following at Reddit because that's the only place Saurik wishes to post... other than the antiquated technology ICQ chat.. (Oy... what's that 1980's technology?! . )

Your design ideas have always been great, June, your coding is a combo of things you learned on your own and some thing you borrowed.. (that we all do)... And to have found the hooks into Weather.app I'm sure was quite a lot of work. I will always applaud a hard working man who accomplished things! So ����

My only issue with you has ever been the way you treat your clients - "sometimes".. You can be dismissive and condescending.. and always blame the user.. and then claim, just because it doesn't happen on your phone it must be a tweak conflict. Newer devs like you need to make their tweaks play nicely with other tweaks. Not require it of "the other guy".. It's clear you've been mentored by Saurik - as that's his attitude to others.. His comments about WKWebView were so self serving.. but let me not get started.

Make a solid product, treat people well, sir... And you won't have these 'perceptions of you' - and you know that "I" know what I'm talking about on that front.

Good luck with Epic Cydget. Really, sir. Cydgets is an inferior LS player to me - so it won't satisfy me. And Saurik won't take input.. But that's just me.

Peace..,
    Making tweaks play nice with other tweaks I do. Reason LockBuilder doesn't have an option to remove the status bar or hide elements on the lockcreen. (which I caught hell for removing) I cannot make my tweak compatible with other tweaks without removing options. See I create a cydget I do not create a tweak. A big difference.

As far as WKWebView. Only thing I will say is that WKWebView is not ready for primetime on the current firmware. I 100% agree with Saurik. The only one's who do benefit from WKWebView is people who run heavy animations. Which are the minority.
    2015-01-05 01:17 AM
    I'd say just let June do his thing. If people love it, then that's great. I would hate for someone to tell me that something I love is garbage. We don't all have to agree. For instance, I stand apart with all this WKWebView business. It's simply not ready for everyday use but others love it.

No need to let our differences or preferences define us. I have no love for June but that doesn't mean that everything he releases should be met with criticism.

I checked out this Cydget and to me, it seems like a great achievement from a development side but I struggle to see how on the surface, this differs from most widgets out there. It looks very similar to the free base widget that comes with widget weather and provides all the same info as that. If I'm missing something then I'm open to broadening my mind and coming out of my cave, as Gunny said.

If you think it's worth it, buy him a coffee, if you don't, then keep using all the other stuff out there. I personally would love to see June's stuff on other platforms. The way Cydgets handled notifications is very displeasing, aesthetically, and the bouncing is pretty bad too but that's not June's fault. Just my opinion, I hope it's ok that I expressed it here.

If u don't like something explain why, don't just say it sucks and then leave.
    Last edited by Krima; 2015-01-05 at 01:46 AM.
    2015-01-05 01:44 AM
    One small question though, is more cydget in general related.
    Do you or Saurik are thinking about a "fix" for the right-shift of the foreground.html every time you touch the cydget?
    [[[SBLockScreenManager sharedInstance] lockScreenViewController] _setHintManagerEnabledIfPossible:NO]; removes the bounce.
    2015-01-05 06:25 AM
    Actually just searched github and found noLockBounce is open source. Uses a different method though.
    https://github.com/drewsdunne/NoLock...f3bfe/Tweak.xm

In cycript would be SBLockScreenView.messages['hintDisplacement']=function(){return 0}
    2015-01-05 06:31 AM
    It looks very similar to the free base widget that comes with widget weather and provides all the same info as that. If I'm missing something then I'm open to broadening my mind and coming out of my cave, as Gunny said.
    I had to download the free widget included in WW. I will explain how it is not similar to you.

First to get the weather to this widget you must first install and setup WW. Which recently seems difficult so I didn't do this part and just jumped into the code. This Cydget requires none of this setup.

Code requires jQuery to parse the data saved in the widget weather.xml shown here.

Code:
    jQuery.get('file:///private/var/mobile/Documents/widgetweather.xml', function(data) {
    //jQuery.get('widgetweather.xml',function(data) {

obj.updatetimestring = $(data).find('updatetimestring').text();

if (updateFileTimer != obj.updatetimestring) {
    	obj.high = new Array;
    	obj.low  = new Array;
    	obj.code = new Array;
    	obj.daynumber = new Array;
    	obj.dayofweek = new Array;
    	obj.time24hour = new Array;
    	obj.htemp = new Array;
    	obj.hcode = new Array;
    	obj.hpop = new Array;
    	obj.hwhere = new Array;

$(data).find('currentcondition').each( function() {
    		obj.city =$(this).find('name').text();
    		obj.extraLocCity =$(this).find('extraLocCity').text();
    		obj.state =$(this).find('state').text();
    		obj.neighborhood =$(this).find('extraLocNeighborhood').text();
    		obj.county =$(this).find('extraLocCounty').text();
    		obj.country =$(this).find('extraLocCountry').text();
    		obj.countrycode =$(this).find('extraLocCountryCode').text();
    		obj.statecode =$(this).find('extraLocStateCode').text();
    		obj.postalcode =$(this).find('extraLocUzip').text();
    		obj.woeid = $(this).find('woeid').text();
    		obj.locationid = $(this).find('locationid').text();	
    		obj.temp = $(this).find('temp').text(); 
    		obj.icon = $(this).find('code').text();
    		obj.observationtime = $(this).find('observationtime').text();
    		obj.sunset = $(this).find('sunsettime').text();
    		obj.sunrise = $(this).find('sunrisetime').text();
    		obj.tempUnit = $(this).find('celsius').text();
    		obj.moonphase = $(this).find('moonphase').text()*1;
    		obj.pressure = $(this).find('pressure').text();
    		obj.humidity = $(this).find('humidity').text(); 
    		obj.rising = $(this).find('rising').text()*1;		
    		obj.visibility = $(this).find('visibility').text();
    		obj.RealFeel = $(this).find('chill').text();
    		obj.direction = $(data).find('direction').text();
    		obj.windspeed = Math.round($(data).find('speed').text());
    		obj.unitsdistance = $(this).find('unitsdistance').text();
    		obj.unitspressure = $(this).find('unitspressure').text();
    		obj.unitsspeed = $(this).find('unitsspeed').text();
    		obj.unitstemperature = $(this).find('unitstemperature').text(); 
    	});

$(data).find('settings').each( function() {
    		obj.timehour = $(this).find('timehour').text();
    		ampm = (obj.timehour == "24h") ? false : true;	
    	});

var i=0;
    	$(data).find('day').each( function() {
    		obj.high[i] =$(this).find('high').text();
    		obj.low[i] = $(this).find('low').text();
    		obj.code[i] = $(this).find('code').text();	
    		obj.daynumber[i] = $(this).find('daynumber').text();	
    		obj.dayofweek[i] = $(this).find('dayofweek').text();
    		i++;
    	});

var h=0;	
    	$(data).find('hour').each( function() {
    	obj.htemp[h] = $(this).find('temp').text();
    	obj.hcode[h] = $(this).find('code').text();
    	obj.hpop[h] = Math.round($(this).find('percentprecipitation').text());	
    	obj.time24hour[h] = $(this).find('time24hour').text();
    	h++;
    	});

updateFileTimer = obj.updatetimestring;
    	dealWithWeather(obj);
    }
    }).fail(function() {
    	document.getElementById("xmlupdate").innerHTML = "No XML file !";
    });

refreshTimer = setTimeout(updateWeather, 20*1000);
    }
    This cydget does it by

Code:
    WP = [WeatherPreferences sharedPreferences]; 
    WL = [WeatherLocationManager sharedWeatherLocationManager]; 
    WC = [WP localWeatherCity];
    Now all weather is stored in the WC variable. If I need to call the city I would do WC.name and so on.

Strangely enough whoever coded the WW widget did this.
    Code:
    document.getElementById("Hour1").innerHTML = TwelveHourForecast(obj.time24hour[0]);
    document.getElementById("Htemp1").innerHTML = obj.htemp[0] +  "&#176";
    document.getElementById("Hicon1").src="Icon Sets/"+iconSet+"/"+AdjustIcon(obj.hcode[0], obj.hwhere[0])+".png";
    document.getElementById("Hpop1").innerHTML= obj.hpop[0]+ "%";
    document.getElementById("Hour2").innerHTML = TwelveHourForecast(obj.time24hour[1]);
    document.getElementById("Htemp2").innerHTML = obj.htemp[1] +  "&#176";
    document.getElementById("Hicon2").src="Icon Sets/"+iconSet+"/"+AdjustIcon(obj.hcode[1], obj.hwhere[1])+".png";
    document.getElementById("Hpop2").innerHTML= obj.hpop[1]+ "%";
    document.getElementById("Hour3").innerHTML = TwelveHourForecast(obj.time24hour[2]);
    document.getElementById("Htemp3").innerHTML = obj.htemp[2] +  "&#176";
    document.getElementById("Hicon3").src="Icon Sets/"+iconSet+"/"+AdjustIcon(obj.hcode[2], obj.hwhere[2])+".png";
    document.getElementById("Hpop3").innerHTML= obj.hpop[2]+ "%";
    document.getElementById("Hour4").innerHTML = TwelveHourForecast(obj.time24hour[3]);
    document.getElementById("Htemp4").innerHTML = obj.htemp[3] +  "&#176";
    document.getElementById("Hicon4").src="Icon Sets/"+iconSet+"/"+AdjustIcon(obj.hcode[3], obj.hwhere[3])+".png";
    document.getElementById("Hpop4").innerHTML= obj.hpop[3]+ "%";
    document.getElementById("Hour5").innerHTML = TwelveHourForecast(obj.time24hour[4]);
    document.getElementById("Htemp5").innerHTML = obj.htemp[4] +  "&#176";
    document.getElementById("Hicon5").src="Icon Sets/"+iconSet+"/"+AdjustIcon(obj.hcode[4], obj.hwhere[4])+".png";
    document.getElementById("Hpop5").innerHTML= obj.hpop[4]+ "%";
    document.getElementById("Hour6").innerHTML = TwelveHourForecast(obj.time24hour[5]);
    document.getElementById("Htemp6").innerHTML = obj.htemp[5] +  "&#176";
    document.getElementById("Hicon6").src="Icon Sets/"+iconSet+"/"+AdjustIcon(obj.hcode[5], obj.hwhere[5])+".png";
    document.getElementById("Hpop6").innerHTML= obj.hpop[5]+ "%";
    document.getElementById("Hour7").innerHTML = TwelveHourForecast(obj.time24hour[6]);
    document.getElementById("Htemp7").innerHTML = obj.htemp[6] +  "&#176";
    document.getElementById("Hicon7").src="Icon Sets/"+iconSet+"/"+AdjustIcon(obj.hcode[6], obj.hwhere[6])+".png";
    document.getElementById("Hpop7").innerHTML= obj.hpop[6]+ "%";
    document.getElementById("Hour8").innerHTML = TwelveHourForecast(obj.time24hour[7]);
    document.getElementById("Htemp8").innerHTML = obj.htemp[7] +  "&#176";
    document.getElementById("Hicon8").src="Icon Sets/"+iconSet+"/"+AdjustIcon(obj.hcode[7], obj.hwhere[7])+".png";
    document.getElementById("Hpop8").innerHTML= obj.hpop[7]+ "%";
    document.getElementById("Hour9").innerHTML = TwelveHourForecast(obj.time24hour[8]);
    document.getElementById("Htemp9").innerHTML = obj.htemp[8] +  "&#176";
    document.getElementById("Hicon9").src="Icon Sets/"+iconSet+"/"+AdjustIcon(obj.hcode[8], obj.hwhere[8])+".png";
    document.getElementById("Hpop9").innerHTML= obj.hpop[8]+ "%";
    document.getElementById("Hour10").innerHTML = TwelveHourForecast(obj.time24hour[9]);
    document.getElementById("Htemp10").innerHTML = obj.htemp[9] +  "&#176";
    document.getElementById("Hicon10").src="Icon Sets/"+iconSet+"/"+AdjustIcon(obj.hcode[9], obj.hwhere[9])+".png";
    document.getElementById("Hpop10").innerHTML= obj.hpop[9]+ "%";
    document.getElementById("Hour11").innerHTML = TwelveHourForecast(obj.time24hour[10]);
    document.getElementById("Htemp11").innerHTML = obj.htemp[10] +	"&#176";
    document.getElementById("Hicon11").src="Icon Sets/"+iconSet+"/"+AdjustIcon(obj.hcode[10], obj.hwhere[10])+".png";
    document.getElementById("Hpop11").innerHTML= obj.hpop[10]+ "%";
    document.getElementById("Hour12").innerHTML = TwelveHourForecast(obj.time24hour[11]);
    document.getElementById("Htemp12").innerHTML = obj.htemp[11] +	"";
    document.getElementById("Hicon12").src="Icon Sets/"+iconSet+"/"+AdjustIcon(obj.hcode[11], obj.hwhere[11])+".png";
    document.getElementById("Hpop12").innerHTML= obj.hpop[11]+ "%";
    Instead of what I did for hours in this cydget. Also includes 2 more hours.
    Code:
                 var numofhours = 14; //up to 24 remove numofhours and replace with WC.hourlyForecasts.length to get them all.
    		for (i = 0; i < numofhours; i++) {
    		    var count = i + 1;
    		    HR = WC.hourlyForecasts[i];

if (TS === "f") {
    		        HRTemp = CvtF(HR.detail);
    		    } else {
    		        HRTemp = HR.detail
    		    }

if (TM == 12) {
    		        HRTime = CvtT(HR.time) + ":00";
    		    } else {
    		        HRTime = HR.time;
    		    }
    		    getEL("hour" + count).innerHTML = HRTime;
    		    getEL("temp" + count).innerHTML = HRTemp + DG;
    		    getEL("icon" + count).src = "icons/" + HR.conditionCode + ".png";
    		    getEL("precip" + count).innerHTML = HR.percentPrecipitation + "%";
    		}
    Basically the same for days of the week

Code:
    document.getElementById("Day1").innerHTML=days[obj.dayofweek[1]-1].substring(0);
    document.getElementById("Day1Icon").src="Icon Sets/"+iconSet+"/"+obj.code[1]+".png";
    document.getElementById("Day1HiLo").innerHTML=obj.high[1]+ "/ "+obj.low[1]+ "";
    document.getElementById("Day2").innerHTML=days[obj.dayofweek[2]-1].substring(0);
    document.getElementById("Day2Icon").src="Icon Sets/"+iconSet+"/"+obj.code[2]+".png";
    document.getElementById("Day2HiLo").innerHTML=obj.high[2]+ "/ "+obj.low[2]+ "";
    document.getElementById("Day3").innerHTML=days[obj.dayofweek[3]-1].substring(0);
    document.getElementById("Day3Icon").src="Icon Sets/"+iconSet+"/"+obj.code[3]+".png";
    document.getElementById("Day3HiLo").innerHTML=obj.high[3]+ "/ "+obj.low[3]+ "";
    document.getElementById("Day4").innerHTML=days[obj.dayofweek[4]-1].substring(0);
    document.getElementById("Day4Icon").src="Icon Sets/"+iconSet+"/"+obj.code[4]+".png";
    document.getElementById("Day4HiLo").innerHTML=obj.high[4]+ "/ "+obj.low[4]+ "";
    document.getElementById("Day5").innerHTML=days[obj.dayofweek[5]-1].substring(0);
    document.getElementById("Day5Icon").src="Icon Sets/"+iconSet+"/"+obj.code[5]+".png";
    document.getElementById("Day5HiLo").innerHTML=obj.high[5]+ "/ "+obj.low[5]+ "";
    This cydget

Code:
    var numofdays = 7; //up to 11 remove numofdays and replace it with WC.dayForecasts.length to get them all.
    	   var dayArray = ['Sunday','Monday','Tuesday','Wednesday','Thursday','Friday','Saturday']; // array for dayOfWeek
    		for (i = 0; i < numofdays; i++) {
    		    var count = i + 1;
    		    DF = WC.dayForecasts[i];
    		    if (TS === "f") {
    		        DFHigh = CvtF(DF.high);
    		        DFLow = CvtF(DF.low);
    		    } else {
    		        DFHigh = DF.high;
    		        DFLow = DF.low;
    		    }
    		    getEL("daylo" + count).innerHTML = "L: " + DFLow;
    		    getEL("dayhi" + count).innerHTML = "H: " + DFHigh;
    		    getEL("dayicon" + count).src = "icons/" + DF.icon + ".png";
    		    getEL("day" + count).innerHTML = dayArray[DF.dayOfWeek - 1];
    		}
    That is just the weather part. The html IMO shouldn't use tables, this is what we did in the 90's to align stuff. If you do this at your job you will most likely be fired. Also leads to multiple elements in the css. Things like.

Code:
    #Hour1, #Hour2, #Hour3, #Hour4, #Hour5, #Hour6 {
    	position: relative;
    	top: -6px;
    	width : 45px;
    	font-weight: normal;
    	color: white;
    	text-shadow: black 0px 2px 2px;
    	font-size:10px;
    }

#Hicon1, #Hicon2, #Hicon3, #Hicon4, #Hicon5, #Hicon6 {
    	top: -10px;
    	width: 25px;
    	height: 25px;
    }

#Htemp1, #Htemp2, #Htemp3, #Htemp4, #Htemp5, #Htemp6 {
    	width: 45px;
    }

#Hpop1, #Hpop2, #Hpop3, #Hpop4, #Hpop5, #Hpop6 {
    }

#hourlyLast6 {
        background-color: transparent;
    	position: absolute;
    	top: 330px;
    	left: 0px;
    	width : 320px;
    	height: 100px;
    }

#Hour7, #Hour8, #Hour9, #Hour10, #Hour11, #Hour12 {
    	width : 45px;
    	font-weight: normal;
    }

#Hicon7, #Hicon8, #Hicon9, #Hicon10, #Hicon11, #Hicon12 {
    	top: -10px;
    	width: 25px;
    	height: 25px;
    }

#Htemp7, #Htemp8, #Htemp9, #Htemp10, #Htemp11, #Htemp12 {
    }

#Hpop7, #Hpop8, #Hpop9, #Hpop10, #Hpop11, #Hpop12 {
    }
    Instead of like this cydget that uses list elements. Which css looks like this.

Code:
    #hours{
    		width: 380px;
    	}
    	#hours li{
    		width: 35px;
    		text-align: center;
    		top:-48px;
    		left:-37px;
    		display: block;
    		float: left;
    		list-style-type: none;
    		margin-left: 8.5px;
    		font-size: 12px;
    	}
    #hours2{
    		width: 380px;
    	}
    	#hours2 li{
    		width: 35px;
    		text-align: center;
    		top:-48px;
    		left:-37px;
    		display: block;
    		float: left;
    		list-style-type: none;
    		margin-left: 8.5px;
    		font-size: 12px;
    	}
    Not bashing the widget, just explaining the differences. As you see there is nothing similar here. I guess if you look at it like this lock screen gets weather information and displays it then yes it is very similar. If you look at it from a coder/developer perspective you clearly see that this cydget is obviously coded better. Plus it doesn't require any initial setup for a user.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-01-05 at 07:00 AM.
    2015-01-05 06:57 AM
190 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD