I've just restored my iphone from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4....when itunes asked me if i wanna make back up....i can't remembre if i've clicked yes or not...anyway...the thing is....that i've installed 1.1.4...unlocked...jailbrake...and the other one with ziphone....everything worked fine....but when i'm trying to entrer iphone browser....it says "iphone connected...not jailbroken"....i've made again jailbrake with ziphone...still nothing...how come???the phone works great...and thru installer i can install programs...only thru iphone browser i can't do nothing....ahh.....after restore....installer was still in the phone...and some of my old sources...
    Last edited by UnderX; 2008-03-26 at 02:43 AM.
    2008-03-26 02:32 AM
    Wrong section...this is the iPod section...let me help you. Jailbreak 1.1.1, then use ZiPhone to jailbreak 1.1.4, DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACKUP.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!
    2008-03-26 03:07 AM
    i didn't restore it...the thing is....that ziphone says that process completed sucessfully....but iphonebrowser says that it is not jailbroken...:-s
    2008-03-26 03:20 AM
    First you have to downgrade to 1.1.1.
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!
    2008-03-26 09:46 PM
    Don't jailbreak with ZiPhone, use iLiberty, iFuntastic, or iNdependence. Then it would register as jailbroken.
    2008-03-27 12:17 AM
    O...K... l....o....l..... j....k....
    2008-03-31 02:11 AM
    install ziphone fix under unlocking tolls category with the i.unlock.no source
    2008-03-31 02:26 AM
    I am having trouble with this same issue. I have a 1.1.4 iPhone that was unlocked and jailbroken with ziphone 3.0. Can someone please go into some detail as to how I can get iphonebrowser or another Windows program to recognized my phone as being jailbroken. Thanks.
    2008-04-10 07:32 PM
    if my iphone is a 1.0.2 ver, how do i downgrade to 1.1.1? the easiest way? im not very good with these 3rd party apps. i have a PC too.

thanks
    2008-04-10 11:49 PM
    1.0.2 TO 1.1.1 would be an upgrade. lol. anyway theres no reason to downgrade in order to jailbreak. whoever said that doesnt know what their talking about. if you having problems with iphonebrowser you simply need to download the iBrickr fix off installer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.
    2008-04-11 12:12 AM
    i dont have installer on my phone. its like it was straight outta the box. umm, so where do i get the ibrick? sorry man, my buddy unlocked my last iphone and had no idea how he did it and he lives outta state. i appreciate ur help,
    what would be the steps, if u dont mind?

thanks
    2008-04-11 12:42 AM
    OK I must have been out of my mind when I said you needed to be on 1.1.1

If you install winscp on your computer and openssh on your iPod, you can connect to your iPod (if you have wifi) without it needed to be connected to the computer.

Also to use iPhoneBrowser you might need openssh as well. Install it through installer (you might need to add community sources first.)

See my ssh guides on youtube at youtube.com/victorsvalient

2008-04-17 08:28 PM
    hey i appreciate ur help, but i have a PC and i DO NOT have ssh or instraller on my phone. im tryin to get to that point. i have version. 1.0.2, the first ver i belive. could u help breaking my phone on my PC? or i heard an easy way to break it if u have version 1.1.1. how can i get that version?
    2008-04-23 12:37 AM
    its easy to break. Throw it at a wall.

Just restore your iPod and it will automatically update to 1.1.4. Then use ziphone to jb.

If you want the 1.1.1 .ispw google it or search on ipodtouchfans.com

Hope I helped, sorry about the misunderstanding.
    2008-04-23 04:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD