This is my first attempt at LCARS. It's kind of busy and I don't really like it much.. But I'm posting as I go along.. Currently working on V2 so I'll post that when it's done.. meanwhile..

DOWNLOAD HERE

2007-07-21 07:42 AM
    ok im not going to lie, it is EXTREMELY busy lol but for a first attempt at the background then not bad, at least your getting a feel for it, good job
    2007-07-21 07:44 AM
    Very nice, I can hear Star Trek sounds to match. I look forward to v2.0
    2007-07-21 07:47 AM
    On second thought.. unless somebody REALLY wants to see another version.. I think I'm gonna scrap this one.. hahahha
    2007-07-21 07:51 AM
    I love the concept. Use the screen to your advantage, not confined to same size boxes.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-07-21 08:36 AM
    Wow, thats thinking outside of the box. Looks nice man.
    2007-07-21 02:35 PM
    On second thought.. unless somebody REALLY wants to see another version.. I think I'm gonna scrap this one.. hahahha
    Please create more LCAR., I want a Tricorder.

Thanks for you work.

James
    2007-07-22 08:03 AM
    gesus, that is amazing! great work almost makes me want to change mine... if this is version 1, how the hell are you gonna top that?
    2007-07-22 09:43 AM
    I'd love to see the phone and ipod icons made since it is incomplete.

Maybe call the phone COMM and use the pin they wear for the graphic. I have no idea what to call the ipod or use for a icon.
    Hmm...
    2007-07-22 11:46 AM
    hey keep up the good work, looks awesome
    what is demo app?
    2007-07-22 12:15 PM
    Demo.app is what enables video out via an ipod dock with an svideo jack on it.

Will anyone else consider picking up the customization of the LCARS theme? It's a shame it's come so close to being great.... it's just need a little more...
    Hmm...
    2007-07-22 12:33 PM
    Demo.app is what enables video out via an ipod dock with an svideo jack on it.

Will anyone else consider picking up the customization of the LCARS theme? It's a shame it's come so close to being great.... it's just need a little more...
    Are you sure about that? I just busted out my old dock, plugged the iphone in it, connected the svideo and it doesnt work.. I don't think the iphone has video out capabilities.. I could be wrong tho..
    2007-07-22 01:23 PM
    I would keep it going its a good idea. i dont know much about the demo.app but exNavy is prolly right though because jobs had something setup to have a video out.--- Did you run the app?
    2007-07-22 06:49 PM
    yup tried every output on that dock.. SVideo, the Lineout w/ Composite cables.. Launched the app and nothing.. Started video, hoe keyed out and launched demoapp and nothing still..Unless there's a special area on the screen to push, the volumes, power, home and sound off buttons don't do jack..
    2007-07-23 12:38 AM
    bump! please give us v2.0 of this theme!
    2007-07-23 02:44 AM
    My friend wanted me to install this skin, for the most part it worked perfectly, i did find a few little things, like the phone and ipod buttons were out in the wild, which could have been the intention, but i replaced the demoapp and fieldtest with a phone and ipod button, the phone button is known as the COMM button and i couldnt think of anything else for ipod, so i just used ipod :P i also changed the display order and have 2 60x60 transparent icons for demoapp and fieldtest.

Click here to DOWNLOAD
    2007-07-23 08:36 PM
    Screenshot!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-07-24 05:20 AM
    Are you sure about that? I just busted out my old dock, plugged the iphone in it, connected the svideo and it doesnt work.. I don't think the iphone has video out capabilities.. I could be wrong tho..
    It's alot more involved than that... and no I don't know how.

Anyone got a screen shot of what this new version looks like? I'm DYING TO SEE IT.

This is what needs to happen to make LCARS better IMHO.

Break up the busy area on the right side and shove some of that down lower.

The big empty area is perfect for a phone and iPod icon. This is a lot of screen real estate not being used and it needs to be used.

Call the phone COMM and use that pin they wore to talk with I guess. I have no idea what alternate name can be used for iPod or what ST graphic could take its place.
    Last edited by exNavy; 2007-07-24 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Hmm...
    2007-07-24 06:55 AM
    love this theme...cant wait till v2 drops near by....
    2007-07-29 06:00 AM
    love this theme...cant wait till v2 drops near by....
    This theme is currently cancelled unless someone picks it up.. Sorry..
    2007-07-29 07:44 AM
44 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD