1. Benson112's Avatar
    Hi all,

    Something to amuse you on a Friday morning :-)

    So i was walking along, texting the girlfriend, minding my own business, and like something out of a film i fell down a hole!

    Amusing as that is...when i fell down the hole i grabbed hold of the side of the hole (as you would) with my phone in my hand and practically slammed it into the floor.

    Now only the top half of my touch screen works, the bottom doesnt, so i cant even unlock it!

    Is my only option a replacement screen? Or could there be a loose connector?

    I have been looking at screens and keep coming across this term "digitizer", what is that?
    Last edited by Benson112; 2009-02-13 at 10:58 AM.
    2009-02-13 10:45 AM
  2. dejawoo's Avatar
    Your best option is to buy the whole set(lcd,digitizer,outer glass)as this is the best guarantee that you will get a fully functional set.I'm not sure,but its about 150-200 $...
    2009-02-13 10:58 AM
  3. Benson112's Avatar
    Ok thanks mate,

    Could you explain what the digitizer bit is?
    2009-02-13 05:54 PM
  4. JStraitiff's Avatar
    ive never replaced a screen on my phone but i cant imagine it would be hard

    im loving the fact u fell down a hole.... was it a manhole lol

    a digitizer is used to interpret the signal the phone sends it.
    2009-02-13 06:55 PM
  5. dejawoo's Avatar
    Simply,the digitizer is the part of the phone that detects touches on the LCD screen...
    2009-02-13 10:24 PM