Hello, long story short my iphone took a bath today and now the touch screen won't work. Every thing else works, its just that the touch screen is broken. What is the part that I need to fix it? Is it the digitizer? Are there any tricks out there that i can to to try to get it to work under its current condition?
    2009-03-21 01:46 AM
    That would be the digitizer....unfortunetely, on a 2g the screen assembly (glass, digitizer, LCD) is all one piece and has to be replaced together. The part runs about $150.
    2009-03-21 04:21 AM
    iPhone 2G Complete Replacement Screen - Includes LCD & Digitizer | DirectFix.com
    i bought one and it works great but unfortunately my stupid iphone stopped working i cant put it in to DFU mode because i have no home button if you could return the favor it would be greatly appreciated
    2010-06-17 04:05 AM
    Perhaps you should sit it in rice for 3-5 days and let it dry out and see if it comes back to life. Heard stories like this before.

Before you go off spending money and prying your phone open, let it sit in rice first. Couldnt hurt to try for a few days. My phone was pretty f'd up once cuz of water but it was in silica gel (rice or silica gel both work fine, silica gel is just stronger) for a few days. It actually wouldnt turn on at all but now its fine again.

I also heard of people who like yeah the phone turns on but the screen doesnt react. They let it dry and it started working again. You never know...
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-06-17 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-17 04:36 AM
    Put it in rice, or a deep freezer over night.

If above 2 fail then you can get a new screen/digi/lcd on ebay for about 90 shipped w/o tools. I have fixed it many times, if youd like i could do it for you for nothing, just publicity for my new site coming...
    2010-06-17 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD