A good friend of mine who used to be my boss had her iPhone ran over by 3-yes, three-semi trucks while it was in an Otterbox Defender case. She didn't do this on purpose of course! Take a look at the photos!

As you can see, the only problem is the screen and the LCD. The digitizer works fine and she can even answer calls!

Just for kicks, how much would the parts for repairing this run for? What all parts would I need?
    2009-10-07 09:39 PM
    about a 100$ or so depends on who you get it from google it and theres a ton of companies 3G is easier than the original 2G phone
    2009-10-07 10:02 PM
    about a 100$ or so depends on who you get it from google it and theres a ton of companies 3G is easier than the original 2G phone
    Not even close....

You can buy the LCD and glass/digitizer as a bundle on ebay for about $43.
    2009-10-08 12:45 AM
    Sure, it was your boss' iPhone and it was a complete accident, of course not on purpose to prove how strong your Ottobox Defender was, lmao. Sounds like something I would do, rofl.
    2009-10-08 04:18 AM
    Sure, it was your boss' iPhone and it was a complete accident, of course not on purpose to prove how strong your Ottobox Defender was, lmao. Sounds like something I would do, rofl.
    Haha, I know... But I'm not lying-I would never put a case on my iPhone; I like it nice and naked

Cathy, on the other hand, is always dropping her phones. So she bought this defender case because it was s'posed to be pretty durable. Then she was helping direct traffic for a big fair-like thing we were having in town, and afterwards, realized her iPhone was missing. Well, she found it, but she wasn't happy
    2009-10-08 03:12 PM
    lol i use invisible shield its awesome my phone looks brand new theres no scratches on the actual phone neither are there any on the shield itself i baby my phone
    2009-10-08 05:16 PM
    haha AWESOME! I can't believe it didn't even dent or anything

it just sucks you didn't get to record it getting pulverized by the trucks lol
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2009-10-08 06:39 PM
    lol i use invisible shield its awesome my phone looks brand new theres no scratches on the actual phone neither are there any on the shield itself i baby my phone
    I use Best Skins Ever, much cheaper and great quality

haha AWESOME! I can't believe it didn't even dent or anything

it just sucks you didn't get to record it getting pulverized by the trucks lol
    Ha, I don't think she would have let it happen if she knew that a few trucks were gonna run over it
    2009-10-08 06:54 PM
    that's not the glass and digitizer, it's the LCD, digitizer and glass. It will cost a bit more... oh like $80 Full Screen/LCD Digitizer Glass iPhone 3G 8GB/16GB
    2009-10-21 10:05 PM
    cpjr was correct

I just bought an iphone with this exact same story on ebay! Except it was only run over by one car. I just bought the parts and fixed it, it costed me about 45 dollars, I had to buy a new digitizer and lcd screen, i had it up and running in about an hour.

Oh, and if you need to find the sellers where i got the lcd screen and digitizer just ask, some sellers sell the digitizers and lcd screens for way more than others.
    2009-10-23 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD