my bottom half of my screen on my iphone 2g is damaged and doesnt work, so i cant slide to unlock. ive restored it to 3.1 and unlocked. i tried having someone call it and answer with the headphone button hoping i could then hit home but no dice. if it had quickunlock i could use it the phone but i dont see how i can install anything on it right now

helpppp!!!
    2009-10-12 07:38 AM
    Yeah, you're pretty much SOL. I've been searching forums/Google for the past 4 days for the same problem with no luck. I found a local repair shop who could replace the digitizer/lcd/screen because that's really all you can do, short of buying a new phone.

Though I do have to add, if you're on AT&T you can take it to the Apple store as advised by this: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1827 If you're not, then you can't, because I was told on the Apple forums that they confirm that the phone is linked to an AT&T account before doing anything.
    Last edited by Eleni; 2009-10-12 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Added link.
    MY PHONE TIMELINE:
    2009-10-12 02:47 PM
    im on rogers in canada. the phone is from the states and unlocked. my friend brought it to an apple store here and they wouldnt do anything with it. some places will charge 200 to fix it but i could buy a newwer phone for that. i put an add up online selling it as is and one guy offered 80 and another offered 100 but since havent gotten back to me. prob just gonna sell it but have become sort of obsessed with trying to find some way past the lockscreen. if i had veency or quickunlock on there i could use the phone and just keep all icons on the top but how could i install them?
    2009-10-12 08:46 PM
    That's how I feel about it. It doesn't make sense that there wouldn't be some kind of way to override the lock screen or something.

I was just going to sell mine and buy another one, but for what I'd make and then have to pay for a new one I might as well just pay to fix it cuz it costs the same for me. I just sold an old phone to make up for the money I'm going to have to spend to fix mine though, so it's not that bad.
    MY PHONE TIMELINE:
    2009-10-12 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD