User Tag List

So yesterday I was messing with my old 2g iPhone and replacing the old battery with a new (non OEM) one. I got it apart, replaced the battery and put it all back together. Then when I tried to charge it the apple shows up for about four second then turns off till I try the power button, then does the same thing. Oddly enough if I plug it into the dock and try to charge it it endlessly boots with the same result, but I don't ever have to hit the power button. Would you say this is a shot motherboard? Or a bad battery? I was very careful not the let the battery leads touch as not to short it out, and the solder job was very clean, nothing ever crossed, also covered everything in epoxy to make sure it didn't cross. Any ideas? Think I'm out of luck? Any input appreciated. Thank you.
    2009-11-04 03:02 AM
    Either you battery has no charge in it, is bad, or there is a flex cable issue.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2009-11-04 04:36 AM
    Tried charging it over night, no luck. I think it has to be a bad battery, i didnt even get near a flex cable.
    2009-11-04 05:19 AM
    Put the old battery back in and see if the problem persists (assuming the old battery worked, at least somewhat).
    2009-11-04 05:25 AM
    Yea the old battery still works, haha but.. i was having trouble desoldering the wires so i just cut them. They're pretty short but i think i can solder some extra wire to them to make it reach. I'll give that a shot
    2009-11-04 05:29 AM
    Process of elimination. Only way to know if it is the battery or not
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2009-11-04 08:13 AM