User Tag List

Has anyone done this? Is it actually that hard? I'm trying to do this myself by looking off some videos on YouTube.
    If I helped thank me!
    2010-02-02 02:50 AM
    It is not difficult if you know what you are doing.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2010-02-02 03:09 AM
    Read the stickies at the top, or better yet, search...
    2010-02-02 04:01 AM
    I followed cpjr's tutorials and did alright...lost one screw...one of those REALLY small ones that holds down the dock connector assembly.....but it functions great without it lol...the only advice I have is if you don't understand a step then stop and research it and be careful and go slow...it was my first time opening up a 3g and I had success
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.
    2010-02-02 04:03 AM
    All you have to do is ask and myself or someone else who has the knowledge will guide you along the way.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    2010-02-02 04:16 AM
    Read the stickies at the top, or better yet, search...
    Stickie title didn't look like what I wanted. Plus I'm asking if its hard or not, not how to do it.

Okay thanks guys! I'll post results whenever the cover from Hongkong comes in... lol
    Last edited by dvn821; 2010-02-02 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped thank me!
    2010-02-02 04:29 AM
    I did mine for the first time and it wasn't that hard for me but I have experience with small electronics.
    2010-02-02 05:47 AM
    I ve done 3 now and not hard i just lable all screws and take my time usually about an hour each time
    2010-02-02 06:15 AM
    15 Minutes

2010-02-02 07:24 AM
    I think i could go faster now but just didnt want to mess anything up jerk LOL
    2010-02-02 02:42 PM
    haha, its best to take your time. I just have done so many of them that I could do it with my eyes closed.

2010-02-02 04:22 PM
    What glue/adhesive do you guys use for the bezel and back housing?
    2010-02-03 12:48 AM
    15 minutes?! That's hard to believe. I'd get a new color everyday. Are all the screws the same size?
    2010-02-03 03:57 AM
    screws are different sizes and melech is an animal wth cell phone repair so 15 for him is very possible
    2010-02-03 04:07 AM
    Are all the screws the same size?
    Nope
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.
    2010-02-03 04:07 AM
    2 long screws holding the display into the housing. There are 6 screws of the same length that hold the mainboard in place. There is an additional longer screw under the Do Not Remove label. There is a different size screw and bracket holding the camera in place. 2 small screws holding the dock connector assembly in place along with a larger screw in the top left of the assembly. 2 small skinny screws holding the vibrator in place. 2 different size screws holding the power button in place. The longest of all screws is the one holding the headphone jack and bezel in place. There are 4 screws that are the same size holding the vibrate switch assembly, wifi cable, and a portion of the flex cable. Another 3 of the same size holding the volume plate in place.

Phew...I think I got them all

oops, one unique screw holding the snap spring in place!

15 minutes?! That's hard to believe. I'd get a new color everyday. Are all the screws the same size?
    I do about 5-20 housing swaps daily for customers. I have a very simple and fast system in place for housing swaps.
    Last edited by Melech518; 2010-02-03 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2010-02-03 04:15 AM
    2 long screws holding the display into the housing. There are 6 screws of the same length that hold the mainboard in place. There is an additional longer screw under the Do Not Remove label. There is a different size screw and bracket holding the camera in place. 2 small screws holding the dock connector assembly in place along with a larger screw in the top left of the assembly. 2 small skinny screws holding the vibrator in place. 2 different size screws holding the power button in place. The longest of all screws is the one holding the headphone jack and bezel in place. There are 4 screws that are the same size holding the vibrate switch assembly, wifi cable, and a portion of the flex cable. Another 3 of the same size holding the volume plate in place.

Phew...I think I got them all

oops, one unique screw holding the snap spring in place!
    I couldn't do this even if my life depended on it. I fail.. I'll probably bring it into a computer store, they probably know how to do this. Its like taking apart a laptop.
    If I helped thank me!
    2010-02-03 05:58 AM
    i just use cases from my parted out phones
    2010-02-23 12:41 PM
    so what is the solution for keep the housing and bezel together? i tried it once and always had gap.
    2010-02-24 06:14 AM
    My assumption would be to purchase better quality housing and bezel. I bought a cheap housing from ebay, and the bezel didn't even fit. I tried forcing it a little and it snapped. I then bought an OEM, and it fit snug. Quality makes a difference. Cheap parts = a less desirable outcome IMHO.
    Last edited by Maylene; 2010-02-24 at 10:02 AM.
    2010-02-24 09:59 AM
41 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD