User Tag List

so i had to replace my battery last week. and i am not sure but some time around that same time the wifi stopped working. i did reopen and make sure all of the connectors were still connected and all is good.

under settings in Wi-Fi the little switch is turned to on.

so i am at a loss as to what went wrong. and i am not sure that this did not happen before i changed the battery.

and i have compared to another iphone that sees the same wifi with no issues. so not sure why

it is a 3g with 3.1.2

thanks
    2010-02-25 04:53 PM
    if its jailbroken with blackrain then rejailbreak it again and it will fix your wifi common issue with 3.1.2
    2010-02-26 07:37 PM
    If you are able to get a signal right next the the router but not 5 feet away, just replace the #6 wifi cable assembly. That's what I did when it was working but very weak.
    2010-03-05 02:57 AM
    so i have redone the blackra1n and still the wifi does not work.

i had a moment yesterday when it did ask to join a network. but then it would not join it. and i even saw it on the network list. but now i am back to nothing.

i have tried it right next to a router and that does not work so i don't think it is the connector.

anyone with another idea?
    2010-03-05 03:48 AM
    I think I have the same issue with the phone that's going to apple in a week for a replacement.

My problem is it fully detects a wifi but show a message saying it can't be connected. Probably a hardware issue. If you phones still under warranty, take it in. If not, replace #6 assembly and hopefully that will work.
    2010-03-05 03:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD