User Tag List

I'm trying to figure out the brand type of connector and OEM of those connectors. I want to buy some to be able to replace on the board. I know ebay has them but at $9.99 each it wouldnt be worth it. I want to buy a lot of them. If you have any EE background hopefully you could help. Thanks!

I think they are possibly manufactured by SMK, thanks!
    How to fix #3 CONNECTORS:
    http://hectordtruong.blogspot.com/
    2010-03-11 05:59 PM
    best place to look for these shots would be

iFixit.com

hit that thanks button in advance
    2010-03-11 06:15 PM
    ive tried, ive also looks under a microscope at the connectors, but the identifying marks dont tell me much. thanks though!
    2010-03-11 06:25 PM
    There is a guy in th US who is claiming he has OEM connectors
    Says this in his auctions "Iphone 3G FPC Connector For ribbon Flex cable"
    His ebay nic is accessorypal
    2010-03-12 04:46 PM
    yea i saw that before, hes charging $10/pc for them. I doubt he'd disclose his source. I want to get a bunch of these to do the repairs. I basically give them away and only charge labor. But if the customer has to buy these from him, its more money on top of what I charge for the repairs. Thanks for the tip though.
    2010-03-12 04:52 PM
    & $30 shipping to boot LOL what the heck is that..!?
    2010-03-12 07:58 PM
    I can get them for $3 a pop. I will email you the company info so you can order direct. Completely forgot to mail you that other stuff, will do it on Monday
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2010-03-14 03:45 PM
    I would check digikey. That's where I got my #3 connector. They sent me a catalog, it's about 6 inches thick.

Krazy- check the new digikey catalog pages 92 - 100. Look at the FX12, DF30, DF40,FX8, and DF9 series surface mount connectors. They look close to the 1 and 2 connectors on the logic board. The digikey part # for the # 3 FPC connector is OR785CT-ND. They are less than a dollar apiece in bulk.

Also, manufacturer of the # 3 connector is Omron

hope this helps
    Last edited by Effenpig!; 2010-03-15 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-14 04:44 PM
    I would check digikey. That's where I got my #3 connector. They sent me a catalog, it's about 6 inches thick.

Krazy- check the new digikey catalog pages 92 - 100. Look at the FX12, DF30, DF40,FX8, and DF9 series surface mount connectors. They look close to the 2 and 3 connectors on the logic board. The digikey part # for the # 3 FPC connector is OR785CT-ND. They are less than a dollar apiece in bulk.

Also, manufacturer of the # 3 connector is Omron

hope this helps
    Melech, thanks man!

Effen, yea I get some of my stuff from digikey too, but they havent sent me a catalog! I need to get one. Thanks for the tip though!
    2010-03-14 09:13 PM
    I put in my company name when I ordered and the catalog came in mail a few days later.

You can go to digikey.com and put the indivividual catalog pages up with photos and all. Page 82 has the #3 connector, I can confirm the part # I gave before is correct. They are $1.14 apiece if you order one at a time. For the other connectors check pages 82 through 98.. Page 94 is of particular interest.

Digikey.com
    Last edited by Effenpig!; 2010-03-15 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-14 11:55 PM
    I put in my company name when I ordered and the catalog came in mail a few days later.

You can go to digikey. Come and pull the indivividual catalog pages up with photos and all. Page 82 has the #3 connector, i can confirm the part # o gave before is correct. They are $1.14 apiece if you order one at a time. For the other connectors check pages 82 through 98.. Page 94 is of particular interest.

Digikey.com
    Just requested a catalog, Ill have to order some samples and see which is the exact one. A lot of these look alike but when you receive them they are totally not. I already tried ordering some that I thought would be similar but it wasnt.
    2010-03-15 01:06 AM
    Yeah, it's hard to tell without actually having them in your hand. The catalog has the measurements so that might be helpful for finding the #1 and #2 connectors. As for the #3 connector, like i said, it is definitely OR785CT-ND. I ordered 2 when I replaced mine and I still have the package and one of the connectors. That # is the digikey part #. The actual Omron part # is XF3A-1255-41A. Good luck
    Last edited by Effenpig!; 2010-03-15 at 03:51 AM.
    2010-03-15 03:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD