User Tag List

I'm making a pretty awesome case, but I need a little help from some hardware gurus. The case will also function as speakers, and I don't know much about speakers....basically here's what I have already bought...from my local Radio Shack: 1/8" Shielded Stereo Phone Plug - RadioShack.com will be the part that plugs into the phone, and some 20 gauge stranded hookup wire in 3 colors.....basically all I have left to get is a speaker, right? Well I don't know where to get a speaker or what is too big....basically the only speaker provided at RadioShack is this one: 8-Ohm Mini Speaker - RadioShack.com
    and it's too small (1-1/8") and only .1 watts... I'm looking for something bigger..I'm thinking that a 2 inch 8-10 ohm about 1 watt speaker would work great but I can't find it and I don't know if the iPhone could power such a large speaker without another power source...the closest thing I could find is here:http://www.electronics123.com/s.nl/i...c=8&category=2 but it's 3 inch which is too big...can anyone help me find a 2 inch, and tell me whether the iPhone could power a speaker this big and if this size speaker will make any good sound (like would it be worth it...will it be louder than the iPhone?) Thanks in advance.
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.
    2010-06-28 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD