Firstly I have a iphone 3g 16gb, after about the first year of the phone the home button was fine, but then slowly i guess out of exessive use, the buttom began to lose its click, now it has no click whatsoever and i can just slide of it and it will click, or even just light tap it, i want to buy a replacement but i had a look on eBay and it has 2 types, just the button and the button with flex cable, im assuming its just the button i need replacing but could somone just confirm this.

Also whilst looking i saw replacement battries go quite cheap, I have had the phone for ages and my battery is knackered now, i wanted to replace it but im not sure if the ones on eBay are going to work as good as they arn't original parts, also i think the 3gs has a better battery if i bought a replacement for that would it fit in mine a 3g? Finally all the battries say 1500-1600 mAh im pretty sure the iphone is slightly less then that will it affect the phone in any way?

Thanks
    Vamps.
    2010-09-04 02:02 PM
    U need the button with flex cable...second u need the original 3G battery
    2010-09-04 02:08 PM
    Thank you z3r01 , also can i buy any of the 3g i phone batteries available like the 1600 mah one or do i have to buy a oem one, or does anyone know from experience if the other ones avialable do infact last longer?
    2010-09-04 02:29 PM
    I purchased a few and they worked out fine
    2010-09-04 03:16 PM
    I would say you only need to replace the flex cable, not the botton itself, the flex is the one that clicks. To replace the flex, you need to take out the glass, make sure you don't break it, a little heat (very little) with hair drier makes it easy to un-glue. I have purchased the cheap batteries from ebay for 3g and they all worked fine
    2010-09-05 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD