1. gellocello's Avatar
    i'm replacing the cracked back housing of my 3gs and i can't figure out where this tiny metal plate fits.
    i attached 2 pics of the part.
    thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails question about 3gs re-assembling-foto.jpg   question about 3gs re-assembling-foto-2.jpg  
    2010-09-11 01:09 AM
  2. 805 93003's Avatar
    I am not sure, but it could be a broken off piece from the dock connector. One of the two pieces on the dock connector at the rear of the phone that is held into place by a screw into the bezel.

    If your dock connector is somewhat movable, not securely fixed then this is the piece. If your phone works fine, I would wait until you need to work on the phone another time to consider fixing it.

    Good luck.
    2010-09-11 02:11 AM
  3. gellocello's Avatar
    both pieces from the dock connector are there. i think it's not a broken off part but a spacer for a screw that also bridges an electrical contact.
    but thanks for your reply.
    2010-09-11 05:44 PM
  4. 805 93003's Avatar
    I believe there are three connectors to the dock. The side near the "do not remove" sticker has two, one for the dock and another for the phone antenna?

    Also there may be a ring like you show from the GPS flex at the top area of the phone?

    Hopefully someone knowledgeable will respond and truly help you.
    2010-09-11 10:24 PM
  5. ish8894's Avatar
    top right where the camera is i think
    2010-09-12 06:03 PM
  6. billinaz's Avatar
    Looks like the piece that sits right by the camera. Its on the top right and you put a screw right through the hole in the piece to the motherboard. I think its a ground of some type.
    2010-09-13 10:43 PM