Hi, right on my Girlfriends 3G the SIM tray slot inside the phone is broken (don't know how, was like it when i brought it) And she is getting rather fed up of it coming up with 'NO SIM' and having to take her case off and push the SIM tray in a little to get the little gold tabs to disconnect. I've found one on eBay for quite cheap and I'm OK at soldering as I've had to change the card junctor on her phone (brought it like it), my iPhone and also my sisters. So was wondering how hard is it to change? Where do i have to de-solder it from? I know the 3 tabs on the back of the board but are there any more? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a picture of what i mean in case someone doesn't quite get it.

Thanks.
    2010-09-13 11:22 AM
    Anyone?
    2010-09-16 12:19 PM
    2010-09-17 03:32 PM
    Did you even read the topic? That's the Card Junctor, not the sim tray slot.
    2010-09-17 09:33 PM
    As soon as you find out, let me know! I remember finding a site that talked about how to do it a few months back, but the Asian company I ordered the replacement part through took the money and ran. Thankfully it was only like 7 or 8 bucks I lost. I've just been too lazy to order another one and find a soldering iron.
    2010-09-17 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD