Anyone know where to get some replacement tape? Mine has the broken glass on it from the original damaged digitizer...

As for an update:

I got all the way to the end and while removing the old home button ribbon to replace it with my white one, I accidentally tore part of it.

My phone's down for a couple days while I wait for it's replacement ribbon/button to arrive the mail.

In the meanwhile, I'm going to see where I can find some replacement adhesive strips for the iphone 4 over the weekend so I can complete the transformation early next week....

Someone give me something to do to keep myself occupied while I wait for my parts to arrive. The downtime is killing me lol
    2010-10-08 03:02 PM
    get into themeing and coding lol. make some sick themes by compiling ur favorites. can be very fun when completed but its time consuming as heck! save two copies on ur comp in case u accidentally update a theme or make a mistake!

help on the cost of conversion plz
    2010-10-08 09:10 PM
    Dude, your iPhone looks dead sexy. If I was skilled in that area I would do the same. The white iPhone 4 always makes me drool.
    2010-10-08 09:19 PM
    Done another with a broken lense the tape not so important as u got 8 screws holding it but u could just use 3GS stickers and trim them down
    2010-10-09 01:07 AM
    get into themeing and coding lol. make some sick themes by compiling ur favorites. can be very fun when completed but its time consuming as heck! save two copies on ur comp in case u accidentally update a theme or make a mistake!

help on the cost of conversion plz
    What app do you use to make themes? I'm all excited now. I've got some great ideas I'd like to put into practice.

Thanks in advance! I've actually been downloading themes for my backup 3G iphone all morning on Cydia before I even saw this post lol

Done another with a broken lense the tape not so important as u got 8 screws holding it but u could just use 3GS stickers and trim them down
    Thanks! I didn't think about reusing the 3G strips. I've got plenty of those around the house. I thought I was screwed...well I was last week when the i4 home button ribbon broke.

I was pissed! Anyhow, while I wait for the replacement one to arrive like a little crackhead, I figured I may as well do something productive.

Update::::

The wait time is killing me! On a side note, I managed to reorder a replacement glass digitizer to fix the broken screen. I'm going to peel away the busted shards that remain and see if there's a way I can fuse the replacement digitizer on the retina LCD myself. The new glass digitizer should be in tonight!

The goal is to have the black screen repaired so I can switch back and fourth between black and white iphone 4 when I feel like it lol
    2010-10-12 09:38 PM
    I just can't understand why anyone would want white. Unless your a rapper that wears all white and you want it to match your cool outfit.
    2010-10-13 04:35 PM
    Some people like white better. It looks good to them.

I can't understand why some girls love pink or purple cuz I hate those colors, but I imagine pink or purple to them is like blue or red to me.
    2010-10-13 04:56 PM
    With the White iPhone you either love it or hate it I'm happy with mine and it's nice be different everyone got black iPhone
    2010-10-14 01:33 AM
    I guess. Just seems girlie IMO.
    2010-10-14 01:48 AM
    If you don't want white...keep your black phone... everyone doesn't like the same color. Imagine if all cars were the same color? Would you get mad because someone else wanted a red car instead of a black car & call them girlie too?
    2010-10-14 03:59 PM
    If you don't want white...keep your black phone... everyone doesn't like the same color. Imagine if all cars were the same color? Would you get mad because someone else wanted a red car instead of a black car & call them girlie too?
    Must of hit a nerve with the girlie thing. As I said just my opinion I don't see the appeal. If it's just to be different be real different and go use a razr again. :-)

And no, red is cool.
    2010-10-14 05:00 PM
    It's either "must have" or "must've", not "must of".

You have a right to speak your opinion, but you don't have to insult others while you're doing so. Calling someone's phone "girly" when they're not a girl isn't really offensive, it's just seriously like why are you here? We are all admiring his work/phone but you're in just to say it isn't manly enough.

Opinions are opinions until you start making yourself seem more superior, such as saying things are "girly" when white is a rather unisex color.
    2010-10-14 05:14 PM
    OP, how is your white conversion holding up? Also did you have an issue with your proximity sensor when you initially did the conversion?

I just finished my conversion and love my white iPhone 4. Initially I had an issue with the proximity sensor but fixed it this morning. Keep us posted

right just fitted full white to my iphone 4 was a paind to do the lcd but its done here i a few completed pics ill get the tear down ones up tommoz

pictures not all the hot but they ok for now

the downside to the white is when u put screen protectors on the make the phone look a off white colour but i can live with the collour differnce then scratching it
    2010-10-16 09:48 PM
    omgg WANT! its sooo clean lookingg its nice!
    2010-10-22 06:43 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD