Hi. I Updated my 16 Gb 3GS to 4.1 using the pwnage tool and unlocked it with ultrasnow. However, as soon as I updated it, the earpiece stopped working. I opened up my phone and reinserted ribbon #3, which got the earpiece working again, but then I started seeing abnormal battery drain. By abnormal, I mean that it was draining at a rate of 10% per hour on standby when previously, it wouldn't even drop 1%.

So after a few days of carrying a charger around, I decided to redownload pwnage tool, redownload the iOS image, and redo the whole jailbreak again. Restored the phone using the new image, unlocked, and it fixed the battery issue as far as I could tell. But now the earpiece stopped working again. Went in, played with the #3 ribbon, got the earpiece back, but it's now losing battery like before.

This problem baffles me. My best guess is that the #3 ribbon is shorting something, causing the battery drain. However, if this is the case, then why would a restore disable the earpiece and fix this?

Please help!
    2010-10-29 06:16 AM
    Because when you restore its reading like its not there something. Your restoring the software not hardware. So thats why its not working then when you mess with it its reading that its there and possibly that its always on this that or the other and causing your battery to drain. I would recommend getting a new flex 3 ribbon replacing it and you should be back to normal.
    2010-10-29 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD