I have an Iphone 3G that the screen went white last night. The phone still functions because I can hear people calling but I cant swipe it to pick up, and I installed activator so Im able to play music by messing with the volume buttons.

I want to control the iphone using veency but my wifi is turned off. for the first time, I turned off wifi last night to save battery... anyways, I cant find a way to turn it on.

Is there a way i can SSH into the phone... rephrase that... i also turned off ssh last night but i'm able to use iphonebrowser to get in. is it possible to turn on wifi through iphonebrowser? maybe install an app that will force the iphone to turn on wifi by placing the deb in cydia's autoinstall folder?

I just need to vnc in it and I'm good until i replace the screen. I'll be able to find the IP address by using solarwinds IP tracker.

Any help is appreciated!!!1!!
    2010-11-06 02:12 AM
    do you have opened ssh installed already on the phone? If not that i dont think you can. If you do just root ssh into the phone go to settings and switch it on
    2010-11-06 06:35 AM
    I do but I turned it off from sbsettings. I,ll be able to check if I'm able to log in tomorrow at work. Would I be able to turn it on with iphonebrowser? That's the only thing I know that is able to connect to it
    2010-11-08 05:05 AM
    I do but I turned it off from sbsettings. I,ll be able to check if I'm able to log in tomorrow at work. Would I be able to turn it on with iphonebrowser? That's the only thing I know that is able to connect to it
    Do you own a mac or pc
    2010-11-08 06:04 AM
    PC, win7
    2010-11-08 07:32 PM
    Use winspc
    2010-11-08 07:50 PM
    i have winscp open, can I connect to the iphone using the USB cable with winscp or will I need to get it on the network?
    2010-11-08 08:16 PM
    i have winscp open, can I connect to the iphone using the USB cable with winscp or will I need to get it on the network?
    I believe you can tether it but it's easier on the network
    2010-11-08 08:48 PM
    really appreciate your help btw! one problem tho, the wireless is turned off.
    2010-11-08 10:59 PM
    really appreciate your help btw! one problem tho, the wireless is turned off.
    Hmm then you will have to tether it but I am not sure how to do it you will have to look it up
    2010-11-08 11:43 PM
    kool i'll look into it, thanx for the help!
    2010-11-09 01:39 AM
    No problem pm me if u need anymore help
    2010-11-09 01:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD