my friend gave me his iphone 4 hoping i could take out his sim tray..i have noticed there is no hole to insert a pin to remove the sim tray....

iv googled for hours...it seems some people have this issue but i came up with no solution...please help thanks
    2011-01-05 10:14 PM
    Do you have pics of it? I've never seen that before.

If all else fails, take the back off and manually pop it out. 2 screws in bottom, slide the back up and then you can gently push the sim card tray out.

*Edit* - I searched a bit and some people have said that's a demo phone. Maybe someone has some more info on that.
    Last edited by ylerT; 2011-01-05 at 10:30 PM.
    2011-01-05 10:23 PM
    That isn't right...I say go to Apple and get a new tray with a pin hole. Don't open the phone up just for that, it isn't worth possible damaging the device/voiding the warranty for.
    2011-01-05 10:28 PM
    That isn't right...I say go to Apple and get a new tray with a pin hole. Don't open the phone up just for that, it isn't worth possible damaging the device/voiding the warranty for.
    Only problem with that is the device could possibly be stolen. From what I've read, that's a demo unit for a store. I highly doubt Apple will just hand him a new phone but I could be wrong.

Question for OP though. Have you checked the serial number through Apple's site? Just curious if it will come up as normal through a warranty check.
    2011-01-05 10:35 PM
    Yeah I am thinking that it's stolen like he said.
    Run the serial number first.
    2011-01-05 11:51 PM
    Ah that makes sense. Didn't think of that. Thanks for the clarification.
    2011-01-06 02:20 AM
    I know it's stolen.. Well I knew after I bought it off craigslist.. I'm stuck with it .. I doubt there's warranty ;(

I opened it up but the iPhone 4 design is nearly impossible to get to sim tray without removing all the components ;(
    2011-01-06 06:31 AM
    Okay i am sorry but the right thing to do is to turn it in to apple tell them you bought it off craigslist or what ever and maybe they will give you a new one for being honest. But i am not helping you get a stolen phone working and weither you stole it or jo jack sorry not to come of ruff just morals man
    Last edited by Cowboy; 2011-01-06 at 06:45 AM.
    2011-01-06 06:43 AM
    Thread Closed!
    2011-01-06 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD