User Tag List

We have an old 1G (I Touch) with cracked screen but the LCD and touching the apps work fine. It appears the screen is simply cracked. Whats confusing is whether I need a replacement screen + digitizer or just a screen

I have read several posts which seem to allude @ least on the 3G Iphone that you need to buy the replacement screen + Digitizer as you cannot simply buy the glass screen/lens as the screen is "fused" or glued together with the digitizer. Do you know if this is true for the 1G I Touch?

What is an iPhone digitizer? Mission:Repair Blog

"The point is that you cannot replace the digitizer alone. Since itís part of the glass, in the event of a touch failure it needs to be replaced with the glass and vice versa. So if you have a cracked iPhone glass, youíre going to get a new digitizer as well. If you have an iPhone that doesnít respond to touch, youíll also get a new glass. Itís just the way itís design"

In my search I have only found one seller in which I can buy the glass lens....The majority seem to sell the glass lens + digitizer? vs simply just the glass lens? Any clarity on this?

Seems like keeping the OEM digitizer as mine isn't broke would be a good idea and just trying to get a new glass lens/screen would be the way to go but I'm concerned that most only seem to sell the glass screen in combination with the digitizer

So do I need glass screen with digitizer or can I get just buy a replacement glass screen?

Any recommendations on a seller? Ebay has a ton, but which one?
    2011-01-17 05:27 PM
    you need the glass with digitizer. it is cheap, just be careful in the replacement as the ribbon from the digitizer breaks easy. also don't force the frame when pulling it out, just take your time
    2011-01-17 08:04 PM
    You can try amazon. Here is a link to one I found. iPod Touch touch screen:Amazon:Electronics
    I'll see if I can find a better one
    2011-01-17 08:06 PM
    You can try amazon. Here is a link to one I found. iPod Touch touch screen:Amazon:Electronics
    I'll see if I can find a better one

Thanks Stray....I saw that one but the reviews looked suspect. If you come across any other sellers let me know..I was hoping someone who knew a seller would chime in
    2011-01-17 10:14 PM
    I like ezfix and theoemplanet let me see if they have any.

Found one from theoemplanet
    iPod Touch touch screen:Amazon:Electronics
    Last edited by Stray; 2011-01-17 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-01-17 10:27 PM
    Looks to be the same link as the one your posted from earlier
    2011-01-17 10:58 PM
    Oh sorry copied and pasted wrong lol let me get it.

Last edited by Stray; 2011-01-18 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-01-18 12:25 AM
    Oh sorry copied and pasted wrong lol let me get it.

Same link again
    2011-01-18 01:57 PM
    This one is from the oem planet.
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Dude T.M.I
    2011-01-19 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD