I replaced my iPhone 3G battery. After putting it back together and charging (I heard the apple charge beep when I connected the cord) the screen is black. I took it apart and reassembled but it's still black.

Anyone have troubleshooting suggestions? Are some cables more suspect to cause this?

Answered my own question. Do a hard reset by holding the power button and home screen button down for 10+ seconds.
    Last edited by TitusVorenus; 2011-03-26 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-03-26 10:18 PM
    I replaced my iPhone 3G battery. After putting it back together and charging (I heard the apple charge beep when I connected the cord) the screen is black. I took it apart and reassembled but it's still black.

Anyone have troubleshooting suggestions? Are some cables more suspect to cause this?

Answered my own question. Do a hard reset by holding the power button and home screen button down for 10+ seconds.
    Was just about to say!

also, I highly reccomend restoring the phone to allow a proper sync of hardware.
    2011-03-27 02:37 AM
    Thanks for this, helped me out.
    2011-04-02 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD