User Tag List

Hello I I have an iphone 3gs and was wondering if anyone else had this issue, I am on Fido which is a legit network for the iPhone in Canada and got myself a new Sim one of the micro sims since I thought I was getting an iphone 4 so I switched my sim but then for certain reasons am not getting the 4 and sticking with my 3gs. The micro sim comes with a piece to make it like the larger sim that are on the 3gs so I stuck it together and slipped it into my iphone 3gs and nothing happens it doesn't seem to recognize the sim.

I am not sure why this is happening if its because of the sim card or if my jailbreak or I need an unlock or something.

It simply says its searching or it shows the 1 bar bu with no network present and I cant search for a carrier in the settings as well.

I am wondering if others have had this issue with this sim card or if its something I am not doing right on my jailbreak I used redsnow 9.6rc14 and I only clicked install cydia nothing else in the options they list.
    2011-04-25 09:17 PM
    Just to make sure, that your iphone is meant for use on the Fido network?
    2011-04-27 12:29 AM
    yea probably need an unlock..
    2011-04-29 06:36 AM
    no im on a legit network with a legit phone I bought my iphone 3gs from fido.
    2011-04-29 06:39 AM
    Do you have this problem if you do not jailbreak the iphone?
    2011-04-29 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD