I was given a working 8gb 3g with cracked glass/digitizer and broken loudspeaker. The glass came in 1st so I replaced that and all was well. A few days later the digitizer and dock connector arrived. I installed both and everything went smoothly until I went to power it on. The phone is now completely dead. No signs of life, no itunes. I have tried every combination of buttons imaginable. I have opened her back up several times and checked all connections and pulled the battery and it tested 3.7 volts. Any ideas?
    2011-06-25 03:57 AM
    It looks like you have a faulty digiizer if all your connection cable is connected properly.
    2011-06-25 07:55 AM
    iYeow,

Thanks for the response. Could a bad digitizer keep it from booting? I can understand no screen but the phone is completely dead. Black screen and no sign of life. I won't connect to itunes, no vibrate. I have another 3g iphone coming next week so I will have the ability to test the digitizer then. The phone was booting fine before I replaced the digitizer and dock connector and was able to install cyndia.
    2011-06-25 01:56 PM
    The issue is resolved.. If anyone has this problem in the future it is the Earphone Jack, Power, Volume Switch, Flex Cable
    2011-07-01 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD