The home button is deeper and not flushed like Before any way to fix this like add folded paper? Any insight?
    2012-03-27 05:59 AM
    The front glass is thicker on poor quality aftermarket screens. Being thicker, the Home Button sits lower from the surface of the front glass. If everything else is OK, get used to it.
    2012-03-27 06:59 PM
    Sometimes this happens to me when I fix an iPhone too... It's something that is inevitable.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!
    2012-03-27 09:01 PM
    The only time I've had this problem was when I didn't have enough adhesive on the bottom portion of the phone. Make sure you have enough and you should be good
    2012-03-28 08:40 AM
    The only time I've had this problem was when I didn't have enough adhesive on the bottom portion of the phone. Make sure you have enough and you should be good
    Excellent point as always, most of the times even if the screen is aftermarket it will sit flush but you need to make sure the front plate sits flush especially after a major break, sometimes the glass falls off exposing the adhesive and therefore the adhesive looses its bonding quality.

You can also use super glue to secure it but i do not recommend it, purchase 3M adhesive (black type is preferred as its the one use to fuse glass on iPad 2).
    Apple Technician - Modder
    2012-03-30 08:25 PM
    You can also buy the precut adhesive fairly cheap. They have them all over eBay.

A143 Adhesive Sticker iPhone 4 4G Digitizer Glass | eBay
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!
    2012-04-02 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD