User Tag List

I've got an iPhone 4 that was left in the road in an otterbox and run over. The front screen was crushed, but the back is OK. I put another screen on it and it all works fine, except there is no IMEI or firmware. I restored to erase the previous owners info (he said I could have the phone) and now it can't find Wifi, and iTunes says it can't be activated at this time and I do have a SIM card in the phone. TIny umbrella now shows an IMEI, but no firmware.

My question is...Is it possible to restore the firmware, and if so how can I do it.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!!!
    2013-05-12 07:00 PM
    I've got an iPhone 4 that was left in the road in an otterbox and run over. The front screen was crushed, but the back is OK. I put another screen on it and it all works fine, except there is no IMEI or firmware. I restored to erase the previous owners info (he said I could have the phone) and now it can't find Wifi, and iTunes says it can't be activated at this time and I do have a SIM card in the phone. TIny umbrella now shows an IMEI, but no firmware.

My question is...Is it possible to restore the firmware, and if so how can I do it.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!!!
    Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm leaning towards a hardware problem with the phone's baseband components, especially considering its... ah, life story. If you've got a logic board lying around, you can try replacing your phone's logic board with that... otherwise, that may be a unit where you just take the crushed screen in to Apple with the rest and fork out the replacement cost.
    2013-05-12 10:09 PM
    +1
    2013-05-12 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD