User Tag List

Hello everyone, I finally got my hands on an iPhone 5.

The issue with it was that the frame was bent, so I replaced it with an iPhone 5 midframe assembly (from SW-BOX.com).

I had the phone working for a few hours, however when I made a call I realized that the person on the other end of the call cannot hear anything that I am saying. Take note, when I have the call on speaker the other person does hear me.

Additionally, when I use Siri it picks up sound without issues, but the Voice memos app does not pick up any sound.

At this point I did some research and found that I might not be the only person that has this issue: https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=15&tstart=0

The only thing that is bothering me is that I replaced the entire midframe assembly which also includes the bottom microphone. Was the replacement part defective?

I ordered a new flex cable for the microphone and I will replace it. Hopefully that will solve my issues with the iPhone 5.

Also, I tried a full restore (from backup and as a new iPhone).

Let me know if you have any thoughts on this and if you have any solutions.

Regards,
    Jacob
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!
    2014-02-20 05:42 AM
    607 views and no advice to share on the situation?! I'm sure this isn't an isolated problem!
    2014-02-24 09:14 PM
    My advice is make sure that the microphone is properly inserted into it's holding clip. If it's nudged out just a little it will block it off. It's something simply but is easily over looked. Best of luck! If this does not help please let me know
    2014-03-11 04:58 AM
    I'll try that out when I have a little time on my hands to take apart my iPhone 5. Hopefully it's just a simple issue. My last flex cable's microphone was very weak (you had to blow really hard into the speaker to hear anything) so I put in a fresh cable.
    2014-03-20 04:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD