User Tag List

I dropped my iPhone 5C but the phone was working fine. Few hours later, the touch screen stopped working all of of a sudden. After doing a hard reset, the display became discolored with weird array of lines....

Even after the replacing the display with a new one, I still have the issue: touch screen not working and display is discolored with lines...

It seems the display/digitizer is fine because the replacement display assembly gave me the same issues.

What can be causing the issues? Can anyone help me troubleshoot what possible hardware components could be messed up? The phone turns on fine, all buttons work, and network service works too...
    2015-06-07 06:08 AM
    The damage could be on the logic board side of the connection maybe.
    2015-06-07 06:13 AM
    My main issue is that I can't even backup my iPhone to iTunes. In order to backup the phone, iTunes requires me to first unlock the lock screen using passcode; however I can't unlock the lock screen because touch screen is unresponsive.

Is there anyway to emulate the touch screen by connecting the phone to the computer?
    2015-06-07 06:41 AM
    My main issue is that I can't even backup my iPhone to iTunes. In order to backup the phone, iTunes requires me to first unlock the lock screen using passcode; however I can't unlock the lock screen because touch screen is unresponsive.

Is there anyway to emulate the touch screen by connecting the phone to the computer?
    I believe there is if you have XCode. If you donít have that, I was able to rig something up a few weeks ago using a VNC server, but I needed the touch screen to set that up, so not sure if thatís any help.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2015-06-07 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD