Woot! Jailbroken i4S! The wait wasn't so bad actually..
    2012-01-25 05:22 PM
    Can you be 5.0.0?
    2012-01-25 08:14 PM
    Can you be 5.0.0?
    On a 4S yes. On a iPad 2 no.
    2012-01-25 08:18 PM
    add me to the list of successes. Did a backup in itunes, but did not even do an initial erase(only had apps and photos, no movies or music) and everything ran just fine. Total process only took about 10 minutes maybe? And so far so good.

Thanks team!

-Luke
    2012-01-26 12:06 AM
    i downloaded absinthe on my phone.As soon as i click it a black screen comes showing "absinthe is applying settings and please standby"
    i stood by for 20 mins. but there was no progress.
    please help
    2012-01-26 12:15 AM
    iPad 2 with 5.01, worked flawlessly, version 0.3. Did not lose anything on the iPad, did not reset anything as well. Just worked within 10 min. Free at last. Thanks to all who made this possible.
    2012-01-26 07:04 AM
    does this process work for ipad 1 wifi model???
    2012-01-26 07:22 AM
    Tried several times. Waited about 45min-1hr each time. Blue progress bar never moved passed 5%. Was a fresh install, win vista. I got tired of waiting over a few hours and several attempts and just restored my phone and figured I might try again some other day when I can wait a few hours or until the process is more streamlined. I kinda wonder what the problem is. It all seems fishy to me.
    2012-01-26 07:24 AM
    I had the exact same problem...blue bar would not go past 5% no matter how much I waited but then what worked for me was to erase all content and settings and have the iphone properly activated and jailbreak.
    2012-01-27 06:09 AM
    Just jailbroke my ipad2 without erasing content and settings first. (I started before I had a chance to read this...) Now my calendar icon is transparent and my notes icon is solid white. Started doing my 4S and it's just hanging on the Absinthe screen for like 15 minutes now. Thinking about starting over...
    i have done my iphone 4s you need to put it on i tunes and backup then restore so it will erase all content and then start over it will jailbreak and you just redownload everything you had on it previously.
    2012-01-28 01:06 PM
    I had the exact same problem...blue bar would not go past 5% no matter how much I waited but then what worked for me was to erase all content and settings and have the iphone properly activated and jailbreak.
    I did that. I backed up and erased all content and settings. It still never progressed. After dealing with it for 2hrs I had to restore so I would have a functioning phone.
    2012-01-28 11:57 PM
    hmmm!!!! do you have the latest Itunes installed?

makes sure the latest itunes recognizes the phone.
    2012-01-29 12:33 PM
    When you jail break your phone can you revert it if you need too?
    2012-01-29 10:17 PM
    When you jail break your phone can you revert it if you need too?
    yes, by restoring in itunes
    2012-01-29 10:18 PM
    hmmm!!!! do you have the latest Itunes installed?

makes sure the latest itunes recognizes the phone.
    Quick question, what does the latest iTunes have to do with the jail breaking software? Absinthe detects the iPhone connected and what firmware that's on the phone, what difference does iTunes have in that?
    2012-01-30 06:58 AM
    Finally a way to Jailbreak my iPhone 3GS without having to sit there and boot into DFU Mode. That process was so boring and long when I was doing this for others. If I didn't get it right the first time it took another 10-15 minutes to get it out of the hanging apple logo. Now with Absinthe I'm able to do more Jailbreaks faster and easier without the hassle of having to do DFU booting! Thanks guys this Jailbreak worked like a charm! Forget jailbreakme.com, I use Absinthe now!
    2012-01-31 07:07 PM
    Hello people can someone please answer this question for me? I've been pondering upon it for countless days, even weeks and haven't been able to get an answer.

If i jailbreak my iPhone 4S on 5.0.1 with absinthe, will my warranty be void? If so, can i not just restore my phone to an original firmware of 5.0.1 to maintain my warranty?

Please reply as soon as possible, i'd like to get this dilemma solved once and for all.

Thanks again everybody, really appreciate the help!
    2012-02-01 02:24 AM
    Finally a way to Jailbreak my iPhone 3GS without having to sit there and boot into DFU Mode. That process was so boring and long when I was doing this for others. If I didn't get it right the first time it took another 10-15 minutes to get it out of the hanging apple logo. Now with Absinthe I'm able to do more Jailbreaks faster and easier without the hassle of having to do DFU booting! Thanks guys this Jailbreak worked like a charm! Forget jailbreakme.com, I use Absinthe now!
    Your happiness sounds like an infomercial. It's not that simple, fast, and easy for everyone. I spent 2 hrs trying to get past the 5% mark and nothing worked. I had to restore it back and wasted an evening for nothing. I hope there is a future improvement that tackles these problems and makes it work like magic like it did for you. Considering it simple and easy right now it just false advertisement.
    2012-02-01 05:20 AM
    I did that. I backed up and erased all content and settings. It still never progressed. After dealing with it for 2hrs I had to restore so I would have a functioning phone.
    I had the same no-go problem with lack of progress beyond about 5% on 2 computers, a couple of tries each. I had LOTS of apps and data on the 4S so I finally bit the bullet and did the reset - erase all settings and data from the settings app. Truly back to a "new" iPhone and then absinthe worked fine and progressed very quickly. FWIW.

HW
    2012-02-03 02:28 AM
    I had the same no-go problem with lack of progress beyond about 5% on 2 computers, a couple of tries each. I had LOTS of apps and data on the 4S so I finally bit the bullet and did the reset - erase all settings and data from the settings app. Truly back to a "new" iPhone and then absinthe worked fine and progressed very quickly. FWIW.

HW
    A number of people state that the "erase all content and settings" step makes the difference for them. Like I said, I did this step. It didn't make any difference. Nothing. No progress. No jailbreak. So I restored.
    2012-02-03 03:00 AM
275 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD