User Tag List

8th,

The only thing I did that seemed of any importance was to install the linked-to drivers from further down in this thread:

Link via someone else: https://mega.co.nz/#!o0RnCSxb!zTxPlu...eiwH5ea0vQrz5A

Note(s) about above drivers:
    a) they work with my 32 bit iPad and 64 bit iPad + any version of iTunes. I used the latest. Before I installed them, I had a connect error from Taig as well.
    b) The download (if by Chrome) will say it is either corrupt or untrusted which is fine since there is no virus or worms. Before you do anything about it and the download file dialogue is on the screen, go into file explorer on the PC and rename it to something like "drivers.zip" and unzip it somewhere. Then install it.
    c) if it doesn't complete (gets to the end where it looks almost complete) then it is complete and will work. Leave it be until you get things installed. Kill it afterward.

-------------------

It's not that I think there's anything "wrong" with the iTunes drivers, rather that Taig isn't able to see them for whatever reason. They can see the above drivers fine.

Other thing that was much less difficult:: If you get stuck anywhere, do a full reset reboot (forgot what it's called for IOS) of power+main button until reboot logo is seen. Then try again, see how much progress you make. If nothing else helps, restart and run as admin the taig program.

I'm pretty sure all that has been said about a million times but I can't browse this thread due to the site not being correct for a PC browser.

Good luck.

----

When you get all through, don't install .. I think it's called winterboard hack until it is updated for 8.4. It'll mess things up.

I had 64 bit win 7, 64 bit iTunes, 2.3 Taig, and the drivers linked to above.
    2015-07-07 08:36 PM
    I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
    SIGPIC SIGPIC
    2015-07-08 01:30 AM
    You running 64 bit windows?
    SIGPIC SIGPIC
    2015-07-08 01:39 AM
    Follow this guide, other files must be deleted also.
    https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204275
    That worked, thanks blkcadi!
    2015-07-08 02:55 AM
    If you're stuck at 20%, on an older version of iTunes, and have disabled Touch ID and Passcode, try disabling your firewall. I was stuck at 20% and got a failed 1105. Disabled anti-virus and also windows firewall, jailbreak worked.
    2015-07-08 03:11 AM
    Haven't seen anyone have that issue using 32 bit windows. Unless they didn't have iTunes installed.
    2015-07-08 03:10 PM
    Haven't seen anyone have that issue using 32 bit windows. Unless they didn't have iTunes installed.
    I had it happen when I had the latest iTunes installed, but that was TaiG 2.1.0 and before iTunes 12.2. I had to install iTunes 12.0.1 after uninstalling iTunes, Bonjour, Apple Application Support, Apple Mobile Device Support, and Apple Software Updater in that order.
    2015-07-08 03:15 PM
    This is the "classic" problem with anyone releasing any program for a hugely diverse ecosystem (how many i(Gizmo's) are there? a billion?) that consists of a) different hardware, b) different software, c) different installs and install types, and finally d) different install methods.

We don't hear much from the people for who it worked. If a million people jail-broke their devices and 999000 worked, we are pretty much going to hear only from the 1000 that it failed for. I think this one is possibly a higher ratio of failures, but probably not very different than any JB. I've jail-broken everything from 5.1 up and each JB has required at least "something" different than claimed. The nature of JB is that it takes some thought (for some people). It's also plenty easy to succeed in the JB, then boot it up, set it up, and find that you've messed it up by installing one tweak that didn't do the right thing.

Keep in mind that the guys who wrote Taig and "documented it" have no clue how to fail with it. They're coders and will find a workaround that they don't even recall doing. Use comments from forums like this instead. (if you get stuck).

Anyway: What you're running, how you're running it, how you've installed it, are all factors. It may well be that 32 bit windows doesn't have as many problems, but a lot of people are on 64 bit. It might be that a clean install (no user) of IOS has fewer problems, but again, not many of us..

If someone posts and has found a procedure that works for them and then in addition other people have tried it and verified it, then hey.. That's a working JB procedure (along with the Taig (or whatever) JB itself). Here are a list of about a million (I'll keep it low, not to worry) things that can be required:

1) Do a clean install, no user, of the latest IOS, then get it JB'd, and afterward restore/sync/whatever you like.
    2) Use the steps that have been "verified" to work by other users. Why reinvent anything?
    3) Do the obvious yet elusive things that always fix something or other: Reboot your IOS gizmo and retry. Restart your Taig JB as admin and retry.
    4) If more than a few people are getting one error message about drivers not being right, then try the drivers-link that other users have verified.
    5) don't be impatient. JB's can take a long while on earlier devices (like an hour or 3 hours including retries). On newer devices, they're fairly quick.
    6) Make sure that the device is "restarting" at the periodic restart intervals (20%/40%/60%). If it isn't then you'll be hung at those intervals. Just restart it yourself and also the Taig program if you need to.

Etc etc.

Also: Just because you "recall" the last jailbreak as being "easy" doesn't mean it was. It's just that your memory has grown fonder of anything but the thing in front of you that's currently failing. JB's aren't meant to be easy, just to allow real usage of your devices as if they weren't constrained Apple stuff designed via lowest common denominator users or something along those lines. You have to suffer a little for all that usability. (or just to use your 'favorite hack' ya ya.)
    2015-07-08 06:13 PM
    Jailbroke ipad mini 3 as a test. Virtual machines didn"t work for me. I had to actually get on a windows. Used windows 8, had to download drivers (had driver"s not found issue) and was jailbroken in 5 minutes. Appreciate the assist from those that took time to address my post personally. Thnx.
    SIGPIC SIGPIC
    2015-07-13 12:14 PM
    Such a great guide! I love my Jailbroken Iphone
    2015-07-21 04:12 AM
    Hello,

I am having a problem with the TAIG application opening on my computer. I download the app from the provided link. When the file is done downloading I open the file and drag it to my applications folder. When I double click on the program it asks for verification and I agree, then the program just closes out. If anyone has any idea I appreciate it. I am on a MacBook Pro running on 10.7.5, Itunes 12.2.1.16. Thank you for your help.
    2015-08-10 01:15 AM
    Does this work for 8.4.1 on a 6+
    2015-09-15 11:22 PM
    Does this work for 8.4.1 on a 6+
    Nope. Only 8.4
    smaller sig.png
    2015-09-15 11:42 PM
133 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD