Hello,

Here is the deal, i received an unlocked but not jailbroken(i think) iphone some time ago, it was unlocked using AnySim. I was following the iphone hacking scene for some time now, but was afraid to upgrade the firmware and jailbreaking it, the time has now come for me to do something about it because im getting bored. Unluckily for me the search option didn't work. So here is my question:

I am running 1.0.2 AnySim unlocked iphone, do i first upgrade to 1.1.4 (this will most probably lock my iphone) and then unlock/jailbreak/active it it via iLiberty? Will this work? What things should i consider when doing this?

Thanks in advance.
    2008-06-18 10:30 AM
    you have to virginize your phone to fix the baseband because anySIM messed up. once you're virginized upgrade to 1.1.1. then restore to 1.1.4 then use iLiberty.
    1st Gen iPhone 2.0 - Jailbroken and Unlocked on T-Mobile
    2008-06-18 10:41 AM
    you have to virginize your phone to fix the baseband because anySIM messed up. once you're virginized upgrade to 1.1.1. then restore to 1.1.4 then use iLiberty.
    What software would you recommend to virginize ? How do i upgrade to 1.1.1 ? Where can i get the restore file for 1.1.4?
    Last edited by rinone; 2008-06-18 at 10:51 AM.
    2008-06-18 10:46 AM
    their is a automated script from installer to virginize. you should find it under unlocking tools. you can find the ipsw right here at MMi. just click on the wikis and you'll see them. download the 1.1.1 and 1.1.4 fw. remember to upgrade to 1.1.1 then RESTORE to 1.1.4.
    1st Gen iPhone 2.0 - Jailbroken and Unlocked on T-Mobile
    2008-06-18 11:06 AM
    their is a automated script from installer to virginize. you should find it under unlocking tools. you can find the ipsw right here at MMi. just click on the wikis and you'll see them. download the 1.1.1 and 1.1.4 fw. remember to upgrade to 1.1.1 then RESTORE to 1.1.4.
    Great, thanks, going to report if everything went well.

Oh crud... i forgot to mention that im running Windows. Unfortunately the wikis are for Mac.

Oh crud... i forgot to mention that im running Windows. Unfortunately the wikis are for Mac.
    I've stumbled upon the Elite Dev Team's virginizer, but it's just to complex for me, are there any simple solutions for Windows?

Hmmm, since i my iphone isn't jailbroken, do i have to jailbreak it before i install SSH to virginize it ?
    Last edited by rinone; 2008-06-18 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-06-18 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD