Hello all,

Tonight I installed Windows 7 Ultimate using Bootcamp on my iMac and everything worked great, except for the Magic Mouse. It installs correctly, it's recognized and paired via bluetooth, but then nothing happens; the cursor just sits there and I can't do anything unless I plug in my old Logitech V221 mouse. I tried reinstalling the drivers, running the software updater, re-pairing the mouse, but nothing works. It just won't move.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    27" iMac: Quad-Core 2.93GHz i7 & 16GB RAM
    iPhone 4S: 64GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2: 32GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Classic (thick) 160GB
    2010-12-06 04:52 AM
    Are you using the latest version of Boot Camp drivers since Software Update states that the latest version supports Magic Mouse?

(Note: Mac OS X Install Disc does not have the latest version of Boot Camp drivers.)
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!
    2010-12-06 06:23 AM
    Yes, I downloaded the latest version (Don't remember the exact #) through Software Update...And Windows does recognize it as an Apple Magic Mouse, and it even says it is ready to be used, but the mouse pointer just sits there. I restarted the iMac and nothing, the mouse doesn't do anything. I really don't know what could be going on here, everything else works fine.

EDIT: God, I feel dumb! Today I entered the Windows partition again and I tried moving the mouse, and again, nothing happened. Then, I clicked the mouse 3-5 times and VOILA! It now works beautifully with both OSes. I really don't know why I didn't try that earlier. So, thread solved!
    Last edited by iTouch-Warrior; 2010-12-06 at 08:57 PM.
    27" iMac: Quad-Core 2.93GHz i7 & 16GB RAM
    iPhone 4S: 64GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2: 32GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Classic (thick) 160GB
    2010-12-06 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD