User Tag List

I'm using a Gateway P-7805u FX
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26 GHz
    4 GB DDR3
    1 GB Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTS

USB Legacy: Disabled
    SATA: AHCI

after installing it successfully, Deleting it to add HDD space to my Win 7 partition, and making another 110 GB partition for SL, I get the error

"Unable to find driver for this platform: /"ACPI"/"

Using iBoot + retail disc

I was successful before, idk why it's not working now though
    2011-07-30 07:24 PM
    I had same thing happen when I did a ccc to a bigger drive. Problem for me was no boot loader afterwards so I had to install chameleon onto the new partition. I had to use another mac and plug drive in with USB adapter because I don't know enough commands for single user mode. So yeah, try reinstalling chameleon rc5 if you can.
    2011-08-01 07:01 AM
    I had same thing happen when I did a ccc to a bigger drive. Problem for me was no boot loader afterwards so I had to install chameleon onto the new partition. I had to use another mac and plug drive in with USB adapter because I don't know enough commands for single user mode. So yeah, try reinstalling chameleon rc5 if you can.
    Thanks for that info, I couldn't figure it out, if it's a boot loader problem, what if I reformat and do a clean install on the entire drive and partition it for a dual boot through disc utility on Mac install?
    2011-08-01 07:07 AM
    Try that and create both partitions before you install. Make sure after the format and partition that you verify and repair disk. Also check bios for proper boot order. On mine I put windows on a separate drive altogether because of kernel panics. I know that isn't always possible but if you can then that's how I recommend dual booting.
    2011-08-01 07:45 AM
    I wish I had multiple drives, I only have 1 drive though so I'll have to split the partitions, I'm trying to back up the things I want to keep though, mostly music, photos, and movies, I have about 100 gigs of stuff though that I need to keep

I wish I had a working ext drive to transfer things to
    2011-08-01 07:52 AM
    Wtf is up with all these spammers, I've gotten it installed and figured out what my problem was, it wasn't the partition or the bootloader, it was the disc itself, so far I've upgraded to lion and trying to get as many of the multi gestures working as possible, also need to fix the webcam and battery gauge, and the sleep function
    2011-08-03 02:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD