Some of you appear to have installed installer on to 1.1.1 How do I go about doing that?

I have a jailbroken phone using iNdependence, I am running 1.1.1 Phone is not unlocked.. should be ready to go.

Can I just sFTP the files into my phone somewhere?

Do I need to install BSD World 1.1.1?

I tried to use parallels but it kills my internet connection when I try to use WinSCP to SCP into my phone, so I need to try to do it on the OSX side.

How did you guys get Installer app into a 1.1.1 phone using OSX?

Thanks!

Charles
    2007-10-22 06:40 AM
    I downloaded the new Installer.
    I opened iNdependence 1.2.4
    I clicked the "Customize" tab
    Clicked "Applications"
    Clicked "User"
    Clicked the "add" button
    I then navigated to where the Installer 1.1.1 folder was
    Double clicked the application "Installer"
    Typed in the IP address and root password of my iPhone and it was there

Then I tapped on the Installer icon and when prompted to "update" tapped "yes"

I am a noob here but it worked for me on 3 different firmware 1.1.1 unlocked iPhones.

Good luck
    2007-10-22 06:59 AM
    Are you talking about the Installer1.1.1 Folder that has 2 folders in it called Applications and System ?? You point to the overall folder holding those two folders and hit install?

Thanks!

Charles
    2007-10-22 07:29 AM
    right click on the application
    Cilck show package contents
    click contents
    click resources
    drag the installer app into the add slot next to user
    2007-10-22 07:49 AM
    Cool.. I did that.. it installed it.. but the About says 2.63 and it didn't ask me to update.. so that is weird. I am on 1.1.1 firmware but I appear to be running an old installer. Hmmm...
    2007-10-22 08:03 AM
    Experieced the same thing, I deleted the installer files in VAR/ROOT/installer (the completed installer folder), then I did the independence procedure over and BOOM I was able to update.

Check on your current installer, it will tell in the u-"uninstall tab" that installer 3.0 IS installed but the file size will be 0 bytes!

Hope it works for you too, let me know!

Good luck
    2007-10-25 10:42 PM
    Experieced the same thing, I deleted the installer files in VAR/ROOT/installer (the completed installer folder), then I did the independence procedure over and BOOM I was able to update.

Check on your current installer, it will tell in the u-"uninstall tab" that installer 3.0 IS installed but the file size will be 0 bytes!

Hope it works for you too, let me know!

Good luck
    Thanks dude....that was great! I had the same problem and followed your instruction. It did exactly what you said!!
    2007-10-26 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD