OMG!! It's here...

Last night I got an update for the installer - it now uses a search function.. so rather scrolling through all the source folders to find an app, simply type the keyword and it will match all relating apps - so now i only ever need to go into the ALL PROGRAMS folder if looking for something specific

ANYWAYS... MAIN CONCERN..

Sometimes i get an error: "Error Download Failed!"

Then it has an icon as the the wifi is attempting something and it just doesn't go.. i left it running overnight and was the same in the morning didnt do anything still showed as running so i just cancelled it back to the main screen. It then doesnt let me install/uninstall anything.

When i restart the phone, i have to uninstall the last installed item before being able to start installing again. It's a real pain - anyone else having this prob? Any fixes/mods?

Jay
    2008-05-06 02:28 PM
    jus re click "install" and hit "remove from que" or "clear que" and then jus go back n re install it again. thats how installer has always been for me. i got the update last nite too, lovin it
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2008-05-06 05:00 PM
    yeah that's how i've been having to do it.. but have to reboot before trying to remove from cue or uninstall because it always says the error.

*sigh* where would the iphone be without installer ey lol
    2008-05-06 09:30 PM
    Moved
    2008-05-06 10:27 PM
    I don't have a fix but I just wanted to say that the new installer app kicks a$$. The older intaller kept crashing every time i would do a refresh sources. Finally it came up with a "new installer available". Thank God for the search function because it took at least an hour to find something that started with an S on the older installer....haha.
    If you like what I said....Hit thanks
    If you don't like what I said....Hit thanks anyways
    2008-05-07 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD