I know this has probably been asked before, but my phone keeps coming up with this error, but only with 2 packages. I recently tried to install "WildEyes for Safari" but it came up saying "Package Download Failed" near the end of the download. I tried heaps of thing from clearing my Queue to manually deleting the .zip file from the "/var/mobile/Library/Installer/Temp" folder. But as soon as I click install it just comes up with the error again without even showing any download progress and the .zip file reappears in the "/var/mobile/Library/Installer/Temp."

Then today when trying to update IntelliScrean the same thing has happened.

All this says to me is that the download's have failed the first time but Installer has a second cache but I don't know where it is located.

Can anyone tell me where it is so I can delete the failed download and retrieve a fresh copy?

It is also evident that Installer has a second cache because if you un-install an app then re-install it, it doesn't have to re-download the app...

Please any help in this matter would be very much appreciated...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-06-05 03:22 PM
    Go into installer. Hold down the home button for seven seconds until the screen returns to the app selection screen. It should work now. This happens to me alot. It might take one try, it may take several. Their is more than 1/2 chance that it will work first try through. But in the case it doesnt, try this repeatedly, and if it doesnt work after 10 times, restart the phone and try again.

Tell me if it works!
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!
    2008-06-05 04:42 PM
    Nah, I have know this for a long time. I have done this and failed>
    I managed to find the Installer cache. I was right. I deleted "/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/Installer" and "/private/var/mobile/Library/Installer/Temp" then reset the iPhone.
    Then I tried installing them again it and worked fine!

Thanks anyway man.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-06-05 04:48 PM
    Cool, glad you got it fixed!
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!
    2008-06-05 05:28 PM
    I used to get that problem a lot when my iPhone was unlocked/jailbroken and activated with Ziphone. I restored it and did everything all over again with iLiberty+ and never had any problems with installer.
    2008-06-05 05:35 PM
    Cool. I fixed though and I was never going to restore just because 2 apps wouldn't install...
    And it's not because of ZiPhone because I use PwnageTool. It's because I my internet is being dodgy. And Installer now saves the packages so that you don't have to keep downloading it, but in my case, the download failed... So the package was incorrect. Just had to clear my cache.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-06-05 06:01 PM
    ^ glad it worked bud.
    2008-06-05 07:05 PM
    Go into installer. Hold down the home button for seven seconds until the screen returns to the app selection screen. It should work now. This happens to me alot. It might take one try, it may take several. Their is more than 1/2 chance that it will work first try through. But in the case it doesnt, try this repeatedly, and if it doesnt work after 10 times, restart the phone and try again.

Tell me if it works!
    Thanks This Worked For me and all me files failed downloading so

THANKS!
    2008-07-11 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD