I haven't seen a thread specific to this topic (though I have seen a few arbritary comments to this topic on MMI), so I thought I'd open one up.

I am noticing more and more with the addition of several sources to Installer App, that there appears to be some conflicts among the various source providers. I.E.: I now have showing 5 application "updates" pending, that are however for OLDER versions of programs then I now have already installed on my iPhone.

At this point, keeping track of a mere 5 "update conflicts" and remembering not to update them is not really a big issue, but I imagine this number of "update conflicts" is going to continue to grow as more conflicts develop between the sources and/or the implementation by Installer App.

I'm just wondering if it is possible to somehow remedy this situation before it becomes a much bigger issue.
    2007-12-01 02:56 PM
    It's very easy... only one source per app. Contact the source provider of the older app and ask them to remove it or update it. They really might not know. Personally I run the three main sources and my two so I would never know if someone else was hosting any of my apps.

I had to change the ID of my iLauncher app because Conceited software was apparently too conceited to remove / update it.
    2007-12-01 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD